Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-18-2012   #301
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

Pick 3, No PPR. Fred Jackson is out, Gerhart isn't worth using in Flex. Might pick up a RB on the wire though, we'll see.
Old 09-19-2012   #302
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

Pick 3, No PPR. Fred Jackson is out, Gerhart isn't worth using in Flex. Might pick up a RB on the wire though, we'll see.
I'd go with Colston, AJ and Wayne. All three going up against some porous defenses.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #303
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

more touchdowns this weekend, brady or flacco?
Old 09-21-2012   #304
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
I'd take Tom Brady. Ravens running game is better than the Pats, so if the Pats are scoring it's probably going to be Brady delivering the ball to one of his many targets.

Conversely Joe Flacco could easily get away with throwing only 1 TD in a Ravens win.
Old 09-21-2012   #305
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

I'd say Green, Wayne, and Floyd. Colston and Floyd are a toss up. Colston is hurting with how much Brees is throwing to Graham and Sproles so much.

I need help at RB. Can't decide who to start. Options are:

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Pick 3. League is PPR. Also get points for return yards.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #306
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Ok come on. Are you just asking for who will have more touchdowns or are you asking this to help decide who to start? If it is the latter, you should never ask this ever again. No question you definitely start Brady and Brady will also likely have more TDs.
Old 09-21-2012   #307
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Trade Proposals...

CJ Spiller for Reggie Wayne?

My running backs are

Ryan Mathews, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson.

My receivers are

Jeremy Maclin, Dwayne Bowe, Malcom Floyd, Sydney Rice...

What yall think? I'm kinda feeling its a good trade for the future....

Also have another proposal

Tom Brady and Reggie Bush for Mathew Stafford and Roddy White
Are you getting Spiller? If so, definitely do it. If not, don't even consider it.

I also wouldn't trade Reggie Bush. Just getting Roddy White plus downgrading at QB doesn't make sense especially when you are giving away Reggie.
Old 09-22-2012   #308
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Are you getting Spiller? If so, definitely do it. If not, don't even consider it.

I also wouldn't trade Reggie Bush. Just getting Roddy White plus downgrading at QB doesn't make sense especially when you are giving away Reggie.
I'm with you. If you're getting Spiller JUMP ON IT. And if you are in a PPR league Bush is going to be an average back most weeks and then one week he'll catch 6-8 passes plus his normal production.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #309
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

RGIII or Tony Romo?

I have to pick 1 WR (or sit Martin from TB from my RB/WR slot)

Calvin Johnson is an obvious start so here are my other two options:

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

I also have Jean and Sanders from Pitt but I'm just kind of holding them because there is nobody better out there.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #310
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

I also have Jean and Sanders from Pitt but I'm just kind of holding them because there is nobody better out there.

Mike
Play Martin. Thomas for your #2.
Old 09-22-2012   #311
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

Mike
Thomas. Palmer is still a trainwreck in Oakland and Thomas is going to have angry Manning throwing him the ball. Pittsburgh is absolutely going to cream Oakland and the Denver/Houston game is probably a lot closer of a call.

Is anybody else getting mad that Jonathan Stewart can't seem to start two games in a row yet?
Old 09-23-2012   #312
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'd say Green, Wayne, and Floyd. Colston and Floyd are a toss up. Colston is hurting with how much Brees is throwing to Graham and Sproles so much.

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Bump. Advice would be appreciated.

I am also trying to decide whether to start Eric Decker or Jennings.
Old 09-23-2012   #313
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, if it was me, I'd go Spiller, Sproles, and Bush. Spiller and Bush are my automatic choices because I expect them to get a lot of work. I'd go with Sproles although he is a boom or bust option... he is going against the Chiefs and that could turn into a high-scoring affair.

With Doug Martin, I just don't trust the Buccs and their offense. And I don't trust the Cowboys. You never know what you're going to get.

And, for me, I try not to start guys going against the Texans. But Jennings may not even play, he's still questionable. If it was me, I'd try to play Jennings but I'd be monitoring the Inactives right before the Packers game and choose which one at that point.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #314
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:

Go Decker, Seahawks have a stout defense too and you would rather put in a safe option instead of gambling on Jennings on monday (I'm doing the same thing, benching Jennings for Malcom Floyd)

as for the RBs
Sit Martin, the Cowboys run D. is pretty stout this year, Spiller and Sproles have great PPR value, so it's a toss up between Martin and Bush, I personally think Bush has the better shot. Alfred Morris still got good numbers against the Rams last week
Old 09-24-2012   #315
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok come on. Are you just asking for who will have more touchdowns or are you asking this to help decide who to start? If it is the latter, you should never ask this ever again. No question you definitely start Brady and Brady will also likely have more TDs.
was asking for the madden coin up challenge, which i keep getting wrong. i took calvin johnson (0) over vernon davis (2) last week, and then brady (1) over flacco (3) this week.

Last edited by Scooter; 09-24-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #316
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I went ahead and traded Spiller for Wayne last week... Got rid of CJ when the getting was good... Glad i did now he is worthless
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #317
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Torrey Smith vs CLE
Lance Moore @ GB
Dez Bryant vs CHI

No PPR and I can only start one.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #318
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Torrey Smith vs CLE
Lance Moore @ GB
Dez Bryant vs CHI

No PPR and I can only start one.
I'd go with Smith. Hell in one league, I have two WRs on bye, so I'm starting Jacoby in one of my WR spots. I'll drop him next week, but the waiver wire is thin.
Old 09-26-2012   #319
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright i cant decide... in need to start 3

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SF
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #320
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)
RGIII & Demaryius

Quote:

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Martin & Sproles/Bush (tossup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Torrey Smith vs CLE
Lance Moore @ GB
Dez Bryant vs CHI
Torrey or Torrey & Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Alright i cant decide... in need to start 3

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SF
Bowe & Floyd
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read