Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2012   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning is mad

I would be a little upset too if my stat line read 43-63, 494yds, 68.3%Comp, 3TDs, 3INTs, 87.7 QB Rating.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would be a little upset too if my stat line read 43-63, 494yds, 68.3%Comp, 3TDs, 3INTs, 87.7 QB Rating.
Yeah... He probably had to go online and check his various bank account mega-balances to console himself. I'm betting that "stat line" makes him smile every time.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #23
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

From Monday onwards I really want to see Manning get back to his best. He's one of the greats of all time and I feel like I've been forced to hate him all this time because of who he played for, when it would have been better to sit back and enjoy watching a great player who treats the job of QBing the right way, a real student of the game and it shows on Sundays.

Said it all along though, can't really see what he has to gain by coming back apart from money. I still worry that he's one play away from regretting it for the rest of his life which would be a shame.

I really feel as if we're all set to absolutely take him to pieces tomorrow, just hope this isn't a trap game for us, it does seem as if everyone in the media thinks we're big favourites, but while we're a more complete team than Denver, they do have enough pieces to win if they all perform to their potential.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #24
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure he was mad after his 1st INT on Monday night, likely after the 2nd one too. That anger didn't really prevent him from throwing the 3rd.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #25
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's mad now, just wait until we're through with him on Sunday.

No quarter for the old and infirm. It's going to get real for PM on Sunday.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #26
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

U mad bro?
Old 09-22-2012   #27
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Another "Houston, you have a problem" how utterly original.
Thread derail:

I saw a sign at the Jacksonville game, a Jag fan had:

Houston, we have a problem

I had to agree with him.
Old 09-22-2012   #28
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
From Monday onwards I really want to see Manning get back to his best. He's one of the greats of all time and I feel like I've been forced to hate him all this time because of who he played for, when it would have been better to sit back and enjoy watching a great player who treats the job of QBing the right way, a real student of the game and it shows on Sundays.

Said it all along though, can't really see what he has to gain by coming back apart from money. I still worry that he's one play away from regretting it for the rest of his life which would be a shame.

I really feel as if we're all set to absolutely take him to pieces tomorrow, just hope this isn't a trap game for us, it does seem as if everyone in the media thinks we're big favourites, but while we're a more complete team than Denver, they do have enough pieces to win if they all perform to their potential.
I'm not sure that the media thinks we are big favorites. The two guys I heard on Sirius NFL both picked Denver.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #29
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

We've been trained for most of our existence to expect the worst. We've only had 1 year of practice of expecting the best. Its no wonder people are worried about Manning.

But lets remember: Manning has never faced the Texans with Wade Phillips as our DC
Manning is not with the Colts

I think it will be a good game, but its nothing more than a good game between two good teams. Theres no inherent advantage for us or for Manning, as this isn't the same Texans defense that played Indy
Old 09-22-2012   #30
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
We've been trained for most of our existence to expect the worst. We've only had 1 year of practice of expecting the best. Its no wonder people are worried about Manning.

But lets remember: Manning has never faced the Texans with Wade Phillips as our DC
Manning is not with the Colts

I think it will be a good game, but its nothing more than a good game between two good teams. Theres no inherent advantage for us or for Manning, as this isn't the same Texans defense that played Indy
This describes me.

But your post along with others in this thread have lightened me up. Then again, I'm always nervous for every game.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #31
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm not sure that the media thinks we are big favorites. The two guys I heard on Sirius NFL both picked Denver.
Watch the AFC Playbook on NFLN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature...s/expert/picks
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/picks
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...cks/index.html
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...ady-joe-flacco

And Vegas has us as 2 point favorites in Denver.
Old 09-22-2012   #32
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think everyone knows we'll be getting Peyton Manning's best. I just don't think we'll be getting the best Peyton Manning.
Well said and I agree.
Old 09-22-2012   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Honey Badger Watt/Cushing/Smith/Barwin don't care http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #34
TackHammer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody needs to get Pat Kirwin a tissue and some Chapstick.....
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #35
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's all bs. The guy gave 100% last week and will give 100% this week. It's not like were talking about Mario Williams effort level.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
This is basically what I was saying to GP in another thread.

We, the FANS, have been putting up with Manning beating us up and dominating us for 9 years. We associate Manning with losing because he's beaten us in so many damned different ways. And we've only beaten his team twice (with him playing).

BUT.

This is not only a new defense but there are a lot o players on this team who haven't been dominated by Manning like that. JJ Watt, JJo, Cushing, Reed, Barwin, D. Manning, etc. -- those guys don't have that same history and don't feel the same way we, the fans, do. JJ Watt and Brooks Reed have never even faced him. Cushing and Barwin haven't faced him much -- definitely not enough for that sort of mystique to have built up in their minds.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #37
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton should just retire Sunday morning b/c the Texan Defense is going to rip him to pieces. I feel bad for him.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #38
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Another "Houston, you have a problem" how utterly original.
First thing I noticed too. So much cliche in that article, he must be Denver's John Mcclain.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #39
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
NO! You fools! You're s'posed to keep Peyton happy!

Somewhere Frank Bush is screaming this at his computer screen.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #40
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

http://peytonmanning18.com/eachteam.html

He's 16-2 vs. the Texans, no matter what he's beaten us more than we'll ever beat him. We should not take this game lightly whether it's a wobbler or a tight spiral it still counts for 6 points, and he was likely one more possession away from winning that game back for his team.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read