Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2012   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you want to see on Sunday?

There really is only one thing I want to see on Sunday besides a W: I want the defense to thoroughly demoralize Peyton Manning. All last year, fans of other teams said "Oh they only won the AFC South because Manning had a hurt neck". You know that's bull****, and I know that is bull****, but I want to see the Texans defense show the damn country that was bull****. The two times the Texans were good enough to beat the Colts with Manning at QB was when their defense was not able to handle our offense. Manning still got his 9 million yards with 110% completion percentage both of those games. I want to see JJ Watt give him the Mutombo finger wag after having some batting practice with some Manning passes. I want to see Anotnio Smith's ninja sword multiple times and hopefully we get another beautiful sack dance out of Barwin akin to this little ditty:

But most of all, I want everybody to see that this Texans defense is for real, they are not going away, and they will take down all the "big name" QB's they didn't get to face last year. But most of all, I want them to do it to their greatest tormentor, to their worst nightmare, to the guy who is almost single handedly responsible for the Texans being a joke their first 10 years. I want them to do it to Peyton Manning.

What do you want to see on Sunday?
Old 09-21-2012   #2
CharloTex
All Pro

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you want to see on Sunday?

The sun come up.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see the D wreck shop, and make Peyton's day a living hell. Show the NFL that last year was no fluke.

Introduce Peyton to the new Texans, and now we're the big deal.

As far as the offense, I hope if we get a sizable lead we don't play conservative. I just don't think Denver is the type of team you can do that with. I want us to put our foots on their throats, and make them submit.

Most of all I want a WIN! A good ol' a$$ kicking would be even better.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #4
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not picky. A win.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #5
CharloTex
All Pro

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

But more on point, all of the things you said and also:

I want to literally strike fear into our remaining opponents by reason of an overpowering defense. Hold Denver to something like 109 total net yards.

Also, the offense totally eats the clock for dessert, Schaub has a high percent of completion if he can't have huge yardage numbers. But I want to get AJ a TD. I want AJ to get the double digit TD monkey off his back this year.

Throw in a late Holiday kickoff return for TD following a Denver field goal that helps emphasize the "blowout" effect (since Kubes will not try to pile on in Denver).

For all intents and purposes, we are on national TV. The TV maps have virtually the entire nation colored Texans-Broncos red for the late game. So above all else, play smart football and come away with the victory.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Completed passes, no turnovers and Manning on his back
Old 09-21-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady James and RG will have my focus. Everything else seems solid. I also say our depth will be of value in thin air. Lots of rotation especially with OLBs and RBs.
Old 09-21-2012   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see this....lots and lots of this....

...and lots of this...

...a whole lot of this...

...and finally this:

Old 09-21-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Domination.

Utter and complete domination.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
The sun come up.
^^^^
This and a Texans win
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

It's gonna be brutal. There's a 3:25 game start for Sunday so I would like to see Doc Brown's flux capacitor retrofitted onto Mile High Stadium on Sunday.

*sigh*

I hate late afternoon games.
Old 09-21-2012   #12
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt interception TD
JJ Watt leaps into stands Lambeau style
Broncos fans high five JJ Watt, 'cause he's freakin JJ Watt, and how cool is that?!?!?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans need to go up there and take the win.
Old 09-21-2012   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Texans need to go up there and take the win.
OK, mister even keel, I agree, the win is the important thing.

Buzz kill...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

A win and no Texans injuries.
Old 09-21-2012   #16
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
A win and no Texans injuries.
^^^^^ This is all I want.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take "Beating the crap out of the Broncos for $400".
Old 09-21-2012   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Horsies trampled by bulls.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #19
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Horsies trampled by bulls.
Old 09-21-2012   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanna see lots of this in the stands at the end of the game:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read