Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2005   #81
outofhnd
All Pro

This is a great topic really...

Maybe our passing game looked a little better because we had AJ Back? I mean a receiver that actually getrs open and catches balls can usually make a passing game better... I know that what im saying is sheer lunacy...

The way we played without DD last week makes me excited about his return because he can be more of an impact. I think AJ's return did more for the passing game success than DD's absence.. However I do like wells back there picking up blitzers...

DD isnt goin anywhere nor do I want him too Morency Doesnt hit the hole he dances thru it, & Wells isnt a feature NFL back.
Old 11-08-2005   #82
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default Heres an idea...

Bench DD draft reggie bush...... sorry just a thought, then the next rounds just draft offensive lineman one of them is bound to be good, well as long as casserly isn't around....
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #83
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ was in the game the first 3 or 4 game and how many passes did he catch while DD was in the game. Like I said before DD is Carr's crutch. Without DD Carr actually makes plays to the WR and a better game.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #84
phan1
All Pro

I hate the coninuing philosophy of "Bench so-and-so because Carr doesn't know how to play with them". "Bench AJ cause Carr locks onto him too much." "Bench DD cause he dumps off to him too much." If you really think that, than bench Carr. This might be a crazy idea, but I like the thought of having the best players you have on the field at all times. :brickwall (Can you feel the sarcasm on that?) To say that we should bench our most reliable player on offense is totally STUPID.

Do you ever think that the reason Carr has a bad habit of dumping the ball off is because he doesn't trust his OL? And do you think putting Wells in there would make much difference at all? I sure don't. And do you think that Carr is so bad that we have to bench our best players players before him? If you really think the likes of AJ and DD is a hinderance on Carr and the team, than Carr shouldn't be benched, he should be fired and never play in the NFL ever again. :brickwall Now for me, I'm a Carr supporter and I am also a proponent of having the best players available on the field when you can. :brickwall

As for the reasons why Carr had a better game at Jacksonville could be contributed to a number of different factors, not because of DD's absence. 1) The Oline actually had a pretty good game until Wand came out and stunk it up on our last drive. Carr actually had some time in the pocket for a change. 2) AJ was back, which make our recieving core a whole lot better. 3) Carr STILL threw to his running backs a lot during the game. It's just that our recievers helped open up the field for us so Wells could pick up some decent yardage. No one complains when throwing to the RB actually works do they? Every time Wells has started over DD, Carr has still thrown to him many times. It doesn't matter who is in at RB.

What in the world do you guys want? A crappy RB in the backfield so that Carr can start throwing to his recievers? :brickwall Honestly, if you want to stop Carr from dumping it off, you have to start max protecting him with the RB so Carr has enough time to throw the ball. Unfortunately, DD doesn't have the size or skill to pick up blitzing linebackers or lineman. Now THAT would be a legit reason to bench DD. But that's not how we run our offense. Our runningbacks don't help pass protect, they go out for the safety valve. Even with a big RB like Wells who looks like he could pass block pretty well, he still goes out for the pass. So if we do not use schemes where RBs help pass protect, than DD is our guy until we get someone better.

Last edited by phan1; 11-09-2005 at 12:03 AM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #85
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson returned to the field for the Texans on Sunday after missing three games with a pulled calf muscle. He finished the contest with nine catches for 91 yards.

Johnson, who was expected by many to have a breakout season, has just 19 catches on the year for 167 yards and no touchdowns.

Now:

DD out of the game and AJ catches 9 passes in one game.

DD in the game and AJ catches 10 passes in 4 games.

This is jusr one example.

Lets see what happens this weekend.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #86
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hate the coninuing philosophy of "Bench so-and-so because Carr doesn't know how to play with them". "Bench AJ cause Carr locks onto him too much." "Bench DD cause he dumps off to him too much." If you really think that, than bench Carr.
I like the way your thinking phan1. But every time that suggestion gets put on here it is met with even more vehemence than benching DD ideas.

Basically I think Carr hasn't developed or played to his full potential because he uses DD, heavily, to bail him out. When DD isn't in the game Carr is forced to 'be all he can be'. Now if Carr ever matures enough to do this WITH DD in the game, then that would be great. But right now he is still using the training wheels, DD, and won't grow up enough to ride the big bike without training wheels. So hey, sometimes you just gotta take the training wheels off and give them a push downhill till they grow up and start riding like a big boy. It's time for Carr's training wheels to come off and him to start growing up and playing with the big boys. Daddy got sent home from his practices, literally, so now lets see if Carr is gonna play like a big boy, or go home to momma and cry about it.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read