Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the "Bulls On Parade" nickname?
Yes 55 45.08%
No 67 54.92%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2012   #81
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I don't know, man. Have you ever spent an evening with a woman who's had 10 appletinis? That's some frightening shyte right there!
Any woman that can down ten appletinis and is still functional for the rest of an evening is frightening!

....and yet strangely appealing at the same time...
Old 09-21-2012   #82
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The players seem to have embraced the nickname. Wade likes it. I bought the t-shirt after the playoff game, so I guess I'm OK with it.

Just like you can sometimes choose to be offended, some have chosen to reflect what they perceive as negative connotations with the moniker. In of itself, there's really nothing wrong with "Bull on Parade".
No, the name just sucks.
Old 09-21-2012   #83
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No, the name just sucks.
I'm with ST and everyone else that thinks it sucks but as has been pointed out: Better get used to it. The DC is using it on his twatts and I've heard it bandied about by the talking heads as well. I think it's already stuck. Yuck!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #84
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Any woman that can down ten appletinis and is still functional for the rest of an evening is frightening!

....and yet strangely appealing at the same time...
Haha! Sounds like you may suffer from the same debilitating illness I've suffered with for years: an attraction to insane women.

And who said anything about remaining functional? ;-)
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #85
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Direct answer: No.

All my reasons have been stated by others.

However... don't matter what I think about it if the guys in the locker room have embraced it. If it really, truly fires them up, then so be it.
Pretty much what I've resigned myself to, as well. If it gets the defense fired up, then whatever. Like mentioned upthread, if they win a Super Bowl, it will make the name relevant and we will all come to accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I hate everything about "Bulls on Parade". Damage Inc. nails it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Biggest reason why I don't like it. Screw Rage Against The Machine.

Like I've said for a while, the D should be called "Damage Inc."
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Much better song than Bulls on Parade! Old school Metallica kicks ass.
That's FOUR folks for Damage, Inc.!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yep, intimidating as can be.

or the even more intimidating animated version.
I think a name suggesting cannibalism and the savagery that's associated with eating human flesh is far more sinister than anything a parade has to offer. JMO

Plus, I don't think they glossed themselves. The immortal team names in the NFL were bestowed by either sports writers or NFL Films. But, different time, I guess.
Old 09-21-2012   #86
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 1614 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I've just been reading all the comments on this and had intended not to respond but now I've decided to add my two cents:
I too think that "Bulls on Parade" thing just sounds too gay.
I wouldn't mind if they called themselves "Mad Bull" or "Bulls from Hell" or Iron Bulls" or something like that, But I cringe everytime I hear of the dainty prancing "Bulls on Parade".
Sorry it just conjures images that make me sick.
Now, if they ride that thing to a Superbowl victory, I'll cringe and bear it. And apparently, the team likes it....gaggggggggggggggg!!!!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #87
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you people trying to force a different nickname are trying to hard.

I think the people talking about what the song actually means and how ironic it is for the Texans to use it must think that Bob McNair introduced the idea to Connor Barwin.

I think it's funny that it pisses so many people off.

Finally I think I really don't care what the hell the players call their defense as long as they keep putting their cleats to the opponents necks. They could call themselves the Montrose Fairies for all I care, as long as they are holding people to 10 points or less who gives a ****.
Old 09-21-2012   #88
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I wouldn't mind if they called themselves "Mad Bull" or "Bulls from Hell" or Iron Bulls" or something like that, But I cringe everytime I hear of the dainty prancing "Bulls on Parade".
Or Bayou Bulls?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #89
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The only people trying to force a nickname are the Texans players and the stadium playing the song.

Suggestions from fans are just that, suggestions. Nobody is starting petitions or getting t-shirt made here.

As for irony, I thought that years ago when the Texans were playing Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People" at games. I doubt anyone pays attention to the lyrics of songs when they are just lifting the opening riff for bumper music. But we can still find it funny.
Old 09-21-2012   #90
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love for the D to come out to "Walk" by Pantera.

RE-SPECT! Walk on home boy!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #91
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think you people trying to force a different nickname are trying to hard.

I think the people talking about what the song actually means and how ironic it is for the Texans to use it must think that Bob McNair introduced the idea to Connor Barwin.

I think it's funny that it pisses so many people off.

Finally I think I really don't care what the hell the players call their defense as long as they keep putting their cleats to the opponents necks. They could call themselves the Montrose Fairies for all I care, as long as they are holding people to 10 points or less who gives a ****.
The Montrose Fairies?

I like the sound of that. That's about as scary as you can get right there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #92
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I always thought that "A New Level" by Pantera would be a great intro at an MMA bout. Thinking about it, it'd be perfect for the Texans too. Lyrics. "Revolution is My Name" would also be a killer intro.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #93
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Best intro song that will never get played anywhere *****NSFW*****

EDIT: Also, I like viewing this and I think the song fits.
Old 09-21-2012   #94
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

I like the Disturbed loop that they have always played to bring out the players.

But has anyone checked out the lyrics to "Down With The Sickness"?
Old 09-21-2012   #95
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like the Disturbed loop that they have always played to bring out the players.

But has anyone checked out the lyrics to "Down With The Sickness"?
If it's got 3 - 5 catchy words it'll fly and nobody will know the difference. I'm kind of surprised they don't play more rap with how big the rap scene is/was in Houston.
Old 09-21-2012   #96
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
To me a nickname should sound fierce and intimidating.

The Steel Curtain.
The House of Pain.
The Purple People Eaters.
Monsters of the Midway.
The Fearsome Foursome.
The Doomsday Defense.

These teams played hard nosed defense and were utilized intimidating nicknames.

Bulls on Parade is not intimidating. I understand what it means, but it still comes across as passive. The Bulls are walking down the street. There is no raw aggression that comes to me when I think of that nickname.

Thus, I don't care for it.

I would have loved something "The Bull Rush" or something.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #97
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I would have loved something "The Bull Rush" or something.
Well, for several years, we had the Bull Crap defense...
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #98
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, for several years, we had the Bull Crap defense...
I always liked to think of it as the Texans laying out the Battle Red Carpet to the endzone.
Old 09-21-2012   #99
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not even a nickname for the Texans defense.

Oops better try again
Old 09-21-2012   #100
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That would be awesome.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read