Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the "Bulls On Parade" nickname?
Yes 55 45.08%
No 67 54.92%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012   #41
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Never heard the song, never heard of the group, and don't like the nickname. It simply does NOT make sense, esp for those of us who don't get into whatever kind of music that is. If that's where they got the name from then SHAME on Connor Barwin, I think it was him who started the whole thing, for picking such a lame name. I would rather not have a nickname for them at all. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #42
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Its gay.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #43
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If that's where they got the name from then SHAME on Connor Barwin, I think it was him who started the whole thing, for picking such a lame name. I would rather not have a nickname for them at all. JMO!
Barwin also wears capri pants.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #44
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Just think what people were saying about the Purple People Eaters defense when that nickname first came out.....

I wouldn't call it fierce and Intimidating
AND it was because of a song that was popular at the time: The One-Eyed Flying Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley. Loved that song when I was 5-6 years old.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep thinking to myself...what other team has such a idiotic sounding nickname for their defense?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #46
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe there are that many people who have voted for that awful name. That nickname is just putrid. If I thought it might happen, I'd offer the admins a couple hundred bucks just to ban that name from displaying like they do certain curse words.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #47
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't we have this identical thread last year?

The nickname Bulls on Parade is extraordinarily gay. Steeped in gayness. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The tune is killer. The nickname is....

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #48
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 90 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected

Havent logged in to my acct in months........just been lurking and reading......but this made me log in just to say

HATED IT!!!!!! ........this nick name is the worse.......I thought I was alone on it.....so thats why I never said anything......but I see I'm not alone........lol
Old 09-20-2012   #49
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Front page at Houston Cow Parade AKA the Texans nickname

Nothing against the Cow Parade either. I thought it was awesome and very enjoyable. Kudos to the artists, all of them, for being so inventive and making such cool works of public art. But as a nickname for our defense? Nah
Old 09-20-2012   #50
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The Walking Dead.

Nothing scares more than zombies coming after you.

It's really the best choice. We will keep clawing, crawling, running, whatever it takes to get to the opponent.

They could play the creepy music, zombie sound effects after a sack. Fans could dress as zombies.

Beats da hell outta Bulls On Parade.
They need to be those "28 Days Later" fast zombies though.

As for the song, I dislike the band, so I voted no. Rage against the Machine is part of the "machine"..........

Could go with "The Monster Mash" after a sack. J/K
Old 09-20-2012   #51
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Like the song beat & all..it does inspire chaos & destruction......things defenses like to do offenses

but I honestly don't think our defense is that good to where they deserve a nickname If we start shutting down teams........ really good teams, then i think we'd deserve 1. So far, we've just handled our business like we were expected to.

lol, so my answer is no
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #52
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

"Bulls on Parade" is something you'd never yell at a game or anything like that. It just doesn't have the right ring to it. As someone mentioned earlier, claiming back "House of Pain" would be awesome. Other ideas, maybe some play on the "Republic of Texas" or something having to do with the Alamo? Or is that too much associated with just San Antonio?

Edit: I love the idea of "SWAT TEAM."
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #53
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans --- Bulls on Parade
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #54
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

A few thoughts regarding my support of the name--

Most important thing is that it's stuck because it wasn't some corny, forced nickname that some dude sat around trying to 'cleverly' come up with. It was a name that the team embraced and it makes sense to me.

I don't know anything about the song, but apparently it is a song that inspires destruction and it sounds nice on gamedays.

Honestly when I think of the name bulls on parade I think of big, muscular nice looking bulls being shown being shown off for a crowd of people.

I never got the pink prissy tutu imagery as I've never seen that in a parade. Maybe I'm sheltered but I mostly have seen bands, floats of various kinds, dancers, rotc, armed service stuff and oh yeah....the rockets after they won a championship.

All of you that don't like it now will love it after we win the superbowl this year and the bulls really are on parade.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys wanna come up with a forced name for the d line or the other position groups or individual players, have at it.

But the defense, and maybe the entire team at this point has embraced bulls on parade.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #56
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 2875 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You guys wanna come up with a forced name for the d line or the other position groups or individual players, have at it.

But the defense, and maybe the entire team at this point has embraced bulls on parade.
And the name still sucks.
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #57
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Direct answer: No.

All my reasons have been stated by others.

However... don't matter what I think about it if the guys in the locker room have embraced it. If it really, truly fires them up, then so be it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #58
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 171756 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't care but other teams no Bulls On Parade is the Texans D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #59
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dumbest, dorkiest nickname I have ever heard. When the Texans get a sack and I see that name on the gamethread it almost takes to fun out of the sack.

Almost as dorky as Texan fight songs......almost.

Love my team, but can't stand all this crap people feel the need to tie them to.
Old 09-20-2012   #60
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont much care for nicknames .... I'd rather call them the Houston Texans.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read