Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the "Bulls On Parade" nickname?
Yes 55 45.08%
No 67 54.92%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
To those who don't like it, would you prefer something like The Stampede?
Uh, no.

And no Bull Rush, either.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #22
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Listening to "Rage Against the Machine" with my speakers on full blast. It gets me fired up and excited each time. Be right back... Going to go eat some raw eggs, bench press a Buick Truck and sprint 10 miles outside. Bulls on Parade!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
To those who don't like it, would you prefer something like The Stampede?

I could see this song/video [Chris LeDoux STAMPEDED] easily re-adapted. Would rather have him represent the official song and be the singing voice of the Texans than Clay Walker.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #24
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's queerer than a three dollar bill.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The Walking Dead.

Nothing scares more than zombies coming after you.

It's really the best choice. We will keep clawing, crawling, running, whatever it takes to get to the opponent.

They could play the creepy music, zombie sound effects after a sack. Fans could dress as zombies.

Beats da hell outta Bulls On Parade.
Old 09-20-2012   #26
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a fan of the name, but if it sticks due to our defense dominating for years then I'm sure I'll come around to liking it. I didn't like the name Texans at first either but took a liking to it as well.

Ultimately all that matters is how the D plays and if we win or lose.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #27
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Gas House Gang.

Gas House, becuase Houston is known as a oil and gas town and Gang to convey aggressiveness.

On second thought, yeah I am not good at this.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #28
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
The Gas House Gang.

Gas House, becuase Houston is known as a oil and gas town and Gang to convey aggressiveness.

On second thought, yeah I am not good at this.
I have some relatives who already have a trademark on "The Gas House" but only after they eat Mexican food.
Old 09-20-2012   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I don't really care about nicknames anymore. They can call themselves whatever the heck they want as long as they stop/slow down opposing offenses
Old 09-20-2012   #30
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

You can take the most testosterone fueled, gnarly, bad ass metal song int he world and give it a title like Guys in Tutus and it becomes a bad song. Sorry, Bulls on Parade is just fkn stupid. In all actuality, I'd use a different word if we weren't in public. I hate it.

EDIT to add:

I saw Marcus' post after I posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I think it's queerer than a three dollar bill.
What he said.
Old 09-20-2012   #31
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rage Against The Machine are known for their political outcries. A good bunch of their songs are always critical of the party in charge. I actually love their songs. Not meaning to get political here, but their songs are a perfect example of freedom of speech. They always sang a song that a majority of America probably wouldn't agree with, but it was their right. I have mad respect for them for that, and Tom Morrello is a guitar god. Right up there with Hendirx and Harrison.

Just to clarify, I don't agree with the meaning of their songs either. For starters, the majority of their songs were written while I was still very young, so I wasn't involved with the issues that were going on at the time. I don't accept anarchy either, which is what they promote in a way. Just because I don't like the meaning doesn't mean I don't like their songs. They are so awesome.

Political issues aside, (and I only made those points because some of the posters seemed to have a problem with the meaning of the song rather than the sound of it) I love the nickname. It's like what FS said, it gets you revved up. Also, it doesn't matter if this board doesn't like it, because it has been etched into the hype machine. They play it at every game, and even the coaches tweet about it with #bullsonparade Whether we like it, or not, it isn't going away anytime soon.

I feel like, years from now we will look back and think fondly of it. When I was younger, I used to hate when the Astros would play the buzzing sound when one of the Killer B's came up. I found it annoying, but I think back on it now, and I miss it. (Well, I also miss the Astros winning too.)

So, yeah. Regardless on if we like it or not, We still have an awesome defense. GOOOOOOOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #32
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Exactly how I feel except I would have to change "I don't care for it" to "I hate the pansy-like connotation."

The question I would have to ask is when you think of "Bulls on Parade," do you picture

[Thanks to Rey for previously posting this pic]

or

I don't know cloak, I'm kinda intimidated by Arian Foster doing anything, including riding a mechanical bull.

I just think you have to take the entire title into context, instead of focusing on the word 'parade' by itself. If a bunch of bulls parade through the streets I doubt it would include baton whirling or floats of famous cartoon characters.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #33
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont hate it, dont love it. Works best only when song is playing in background at games. Doesnt have enough to catch on nationally.

I really wish we could just revive the house of pain. It was ours in the first place.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #34
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Dont hate it, dont love it. Works best only when song is playing in background at games. Doesnt have enough to catch on nationally.

I really wish we could just revive the house of pain. It was ours in the first place.
If we did that, Bud Adams would sue us and flip the bird at us

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #35
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

See my sig.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a poor choice. I would gladly never hear it again if I could make that happen.
Old 09-20-2012   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Old 09-20-2012   #38
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
To me a nickname should sound fierce and intimidating.

The Steel Curtain.
The House of Pain.
The Purple People Eaters.
Monsters of the Midway.
The Fearsome Foursome.
The Doomsday Defense.

These teams played hard nosed defense and were utilized intimidating nicknames.

Bulls on Parade is not intimidating. I understand what it means, but it still comes across as passive. The Bulls are walking down the street. There is no raw aggression that comes to me when I think of that nickname.

Thus, I don't care for it.

Just think what people were saying about the Purple People Eaters defense when that nickname first came out.....

I wouldn't call it fierce and Intimidating
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #39
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have voted "meh" if it was an option. I don't have the disdain for the name that a lot of folks on here do but I also don't think it's a great nickname.
Old 09-20-2012   #40
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Song - Yes!

Nickname - No!
I just try to think of it as the running of bulls in Pamplona.

Opposing offenses get stomped and gorged.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read