Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-19-2012   #41
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
True but neither one of these guys had any experience. He should have hired a real NFL agent that has references and years of experience working with NFL players.

Instead he tried to "take care of his homies" and got burned for being naive or stupid as the wonderlic test demonstrated.
I think he probably went with Major Adams because the guy wasn't a sports agent. Since he was from the entertainment field, he probably sold Vince some line about how he would "cross over" and be a black pop culture icon instead of a regular old NFL QB.

If my assumption is correct, then the guy delivered. He got him a BET reality show and a secured credit card endorsement before his rookie year even started. Too bad Major Adams didn't know jack about making him a better football player. If he did, then he'd probably be a starter somewhere now and he wouldn't be broke.

If he hires an agent that can help him get his head screwed on straight and sell him to the GM's around the league,there may be hope for him yet.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #42
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep. Nobody would feel sorry for me if I go bankrupt by letting morons handle my finances. Why should VY be any different? Because he's an entertainer?

Beside, dude has a college education, so he should have some smarts about it.
If it's any consolation, I would feel bad for you if you lost all your money to an unscrupulous financier. Nobody deserves to have their hard earned money stolen from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You take even bigger risk when you go with small fry advisors. If you work with a financial advisor at a big broker and they steal from you the firm pays you back. If your advisor owns his company, steals all your money and spends it then there isnt anything to get back. The same thing goes for CPAs and so on.

Both investors of Madoff and Stanford fall under the same opinion that I have of Young's situation ignorant, greedy or both. I dont feel sorry for the Stanford investors whom were putting money into CDs at 6-10% interest when the rest of the market couldnt pay 1-2% And with Madoff he had only 2 down months of investing out of 100+ month with the largest down month being 0.5% which is an impossible trading record but his investors didnt care, they just wanted the fake returns.
So the answer is blame the victims for trusting their hired financial advisors? Jesus christ you people are rough.
Old 09-19-2012   #43
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If it's any consolation, I would feel bad for you if you lost all your money to an unscrupulous financier. Nobody deserves to have their hard earned money stolen from them.

So the answer is blame the victims for trusting their hired financial advisors? Jesus christ you people are rough.
Man I love and respect some of my friends and relatives, but there is not way in hell they'd be allowed to manage my millions (if I had millions). Just like there is no way in hell I'd let them perform surgery on me. If they stople from him give him back what is rightfully his, but he is about as far from blameless as he is from being smart.
Old 09-19-2012   #44
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You weren't watching the Texans game?? You were in Florida. You could have rode up to Jax with me.
Oh, believe me, I found me the hotel swim bar which had the Sunday ticket and made sure one their two televisions was set to the Texans game. It was pretty nice actually.
Old 09-19-2012   #45
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Oh, believe me, I found me the hotel swim bar which had the Sunday ticket and made sure one their two televisions was set to the Texans game. It was pretty nice actually.
Very cool. Yeah, it wasn't shown locally. In the AFC I think they alternate between the Dolphins and Jags each week (just a guess at this point). I do know the Dolphins were on in central Florida this week and not the Jags.

Honestly, I keep going to games but the game is much better on TV these days. That said I am going to the Bucs game in 2 weeks. It is a late game and the Texans have the early game. I am going to see if I can stream the Texans from the tailgate area we will be at.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #46
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

If its your money, you choose to have no idea whats going on, you dont question anything and dont care to even learn the slightest? Yup you deserve losing it all. Even more so when the situaiton as was the case with madoff and stanford where it would be overly obvious that things werent right and more so in the case of Madoff since all of those folks have to qualify as a much higher level of investor to get in.

Let me clear both Madoff and Stanford deserve to spend the rest of their lives in prison for their actions.

The best companies in the world have upper management who glady accept being challanged by their team and challanges their team at the same time. I am the CEO of my money and if I pass the responsibility on to someone else to make choices Im going to question them or have another manager look at the activity and question it as well.

At the end of the day its your money and what happens to it falls on your shoulders.

Enron 401k employer match was 1 to 1 unless you took enron stock which then they would give you 3 to 1.

Standford Cds paying double and triple what the rest of the world could offer

Madoff never losing money, ever, generating some of the smoothest returns over such a long period of time that makes the outcome so impossible that it makes no sense

All areas in which greed overtook responsible and prudent actions buy the investors and people around them
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #47
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

here is the chron article on it

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/...ey-3874936.php

its too much to copy and paste but at the bottom it certainly talks about VY's inability to accept responsibility for some of his actions that impacted his finances
Old 09-19-2012   #48
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Good. I'm GLAD he's broke. He's worthless and he's a loser.

How anyone could have the God-given talents he has and COMPLETELY blow them AND the MILLIONS of dollars he got just for being a top draft pick is ****ing beyond me.

**** him.
Holy **** bro. Did he like personally come and punch you in the face, kick your dog, or spit on your girl (in between dancing shirtless with his boys)?

Far as his NFL career goes if Montreal does still own his rights still might not be a bad idea to go up still get some sort of reps with any football team. Of course that's assuming he still really wants it.

Far as his finances go, I do kind of feel for the dude on that and it continues to highlight the importance of things like the rookie symposium and other ways to get young NFL players an idea of how to handle their finances during and after their careers.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #49
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Holy **** bro. Did he like personally come and punch you in the face, kick your dog, or spit on your girl (in between dancing shirtless with his boys)?

Far as his NFL career goes if Montreal does still own his rights still might not be a bad idea to go up still get some sort of reps with any football team. Of course that's assuming he still really wants it.

Far as his finances go, I do kind of feel for the dude on that and it continues to highlight the importance of things like the rookie symposium and other ways to get young NFL players an idea of how to handle their finances during and after their careers.

His problems and many other pro guys only show an issue that far to many americans would face given large sums of money but people wouldnt want to admit it. Why kids dont have to take any personal finance classes in high school or beyond kills me but lets make sure we get the PE in
Old 09-19-2012   #50
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the old saying, "A fool and his money will soon part".
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #51
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
A good life lesson for you then. Try not to let things that have no impact on you and/or you have no control over annoy you.
Very profound. Life lesson back at ya - advice is often worth what you pay for it, and don't take life lessons from people on the internet. Oh, and don't take people on the internet seriously, LOL.

This is all just fodder for discussion, or as DB puts it, mental masturbation. The day I actually let any of this stuff affect my real life is the day I give up the internet, heh.
Old 09-19-2012   #52
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Very profound. Life lesson back at ya - advice is often worth what you pay for it, and don't take life lessons from people on the internet. Oh, and don't take people on the internet seriously, LOL.

This is all just fodder for discussion, or as DB puts it, mental masturbation. The day I actually let any of this stuff affect my real life is the day I give up the internet, heh.

On an interesting note Ive received plenty of really good advice for free. I guess its just a matter of whos around you.
Old 09-19-2012   #53
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
... don't take life lessons from people on the internet. Oh, and don't take people on the internet seriously, LOL.
Ouch. I thought we were buds!

I get what you're saying though but like 2012Champs said... there's plenty good to come from it. I definitely feel that I have gotten FARRRRR more good than bad out of TT and that's with me directly being ripped off. I guess I appreciate this place a little more than you do.
Old 09-19-2012   #54
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I get what you're saying though but like 2012Champs said... there's plenty good to come from it. I definitely feel that I have gotten FARRRRR more good than bad out of TT and that's with me directly being ripped off. I guess I appreciate this place a little more than you do.
I appreciate it quite a lot. There's not another message board that I go to daily, weekly, or even monthly. I go to texanguntalk.com a few times a year and that's probably my second most visited message board. I'm just saying take things with a grain of salt, keep things in perspective, and realize it's the internet, where any random yahoo with an opinion can spout it off and present it as the gospel. There are a few posters here, yourself included, that I don't consider random yahoos, which is why I continue to come back. As any random yahoo builds a post history that I can observe, my assignation of value to their input varies accordingly.

Some good peeps on here.

All that aside, please allow us to go back to enjoying our cathartic VY bashing, LOL.
Old 09-19-2012   #55
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I appreciate it quite a lot. There's not another message board that I go to daily, weekly, or even monthly. I go to texanguntalk.com a few times a year and that's probably my second most visited message board. I'm just saying take things with a grain of salt, keep things in perspective, and realize it's the internet, where any random yahoo with an opinion can spout it off and present it as the gospel. There are a few posters here, yourself included, that I don't consider random yahoos, which is why I continue to come back. As any random yahoo builds a post history that I can observe, my assignation of value to their input varies accordingly.

Some good peeps on here.

All that aside, please allow us to go back to enjoying our cathartic VY bashing, LOL.

Done and done

Vince Young has traded in his luxury sports car for something more within his budget.

Old 09-19-2012   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Always hate to hear stories like this. Y'know some guys work hard their whole lives for the opportunities that were handed to Vince. It's no secret that this kind of stuff happens, hell the NFL makes a point to inform rookies every year, "This stuff happens" & still... it happens.

Not saying I feel sorry for Vince, but what about those guys who didn't have an opportunity because Vince was "winning" in Austin, or Tennessee? Y'know, the guys who would have made the most of those opportunities.

& not just one...

Quote:
Young contends Pro Player's dogged efforts to serve him with papers this summer "played a role" in the Buffalo Bills' decision to release him prior to the start of the season.

"I wasn't in the room when they (the Bills) made a decision, but what would you think?" asked Trey Dolezal, Young's attorney. "It certainly wouldn't help me if I'm the owner or the head coach knowing all this is going on with Vince and then he goes out and plays poorly."
I mean does it really matter? He played poorly. All Vince had to do was take care of the ball, ala David Carr & he'd still have a well paying job today. How hard is that? The NFL loves talent, if you can play, you'd be forgiven almost anything. Possession, DUI, shooting your leg, drugs, PEDs, rape, murder, dog fights...

Heck, we know the kid is talented. But this shows us how dumb he really is.
Old 09-19-2012   #57
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes I wonder if VY committed suicide or got murdered, how many people in here would actually cheer and be excited.

Sad to hear about VY being broke and out of the NFL. He's never been a thug type of athlete or bad guy. Just a really foolish individual who was stupid as hell for ever using a crook like Major Adams. He didn't take his football career near seriously enough like many other talented QB's of the past. I don't feel sorry for him for being broke though. He earned way to much money to have squandered all of that. He should have cut ties with all of the "hanger on's" and Major Adams a long time ago, and wised up. It isn't rocket science to hold onto that kind of money. Hell VY lives in a city like Houston as it is where we have some of the lowest real estate prices for a big city in the entire country. For any paid athlete to squander all of their load in a state like Texas means you've got to be one serious dumbass with your cash. It is way to cheap out here to live comfortably with his kind of money to be going broke in Texas. No excuse.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #58
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Man I love and respect some of my friends and relatives, but there is not way in hell they'd be allowed to manage my millions (if I had millions). Just like there is no way in hell I'd let them perform surgery on me. If they stople from him give him back what is rightfully his, but he is about as far from blameless as he is from being smart.
I just spent the last 3 minutes of my life trying to figure out what stople meant. You stople 3 minutes of my life and I demand repayment in full.
Old 09-20-2012   #59
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young Spent $5k a Week at the Cheesecake Factory, TGI Fridays, Bought Entire Southwest Flights

http://images.radcity.net/5885/5091815.mp3

http://outkickthecoverage.com/vince-...st-flights.php
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #60
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really understand the hatred and animosity towards Vince Young here. If he was ripped off by this guy, that is a tragedy and not something that anyone should want to celebrate.

Where does this kind of an attitude come from I wonder? Maybe envy, if we get right to the heart of the matter? Maybe just a perverse group thrill that some people seem to get from kicking a guy when he is down?

I understand that Vince Young did not live up to the hype that surrounded him and that the money he was paid appeared to exceed his productivity on the field. But truth be told, his contract was a function of where he was picked in the draft. The Titans picked him #3 in the 2006 draft by choice. Nobody made them do it. In fact, nobody was forced to have Vince Young on their team at all. The contract that Vince Young was paid under had two signatures on it, not just one.

This is a sad story that I hope is not yet over. To the extent that Vince squandered his wealth, that is a cautionary tale that seems to be told far too often regarding former athletes. To the extent that Vince was ripped off, I hope he gets his money back and the criminals who robbed him are put in prison for a long time.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read