Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-19-2012   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

Well, at least he still has "his house".

Old 09-19-2012   #22
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

I can't see how someone with that much money and that much on thier plate to not be able to oversee the money not hire a group like Ernst & Young or other private auditor to watch your advisors. The cost is worth it for not having to end up like this. If they stole from him they should be prosecuted and made to pay restitution. But even if they were to refund every penny I have no doubt that it would only prolong the inevitable, which is Young ending up broke due to his own lack of personal responsibility.
Old 09-19-2012   #23
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hometown hero turned bum...kinda feel sorry for the kid now.

26 million...a good portion of that is lost to taxes (~ 9 mil or so) so u figure he had about 17 mil to play with.....

Say he got a really nice 1 million dollar home.............................................. 16 mil
3 really nice cars that total a combined 1 million.........................................15 mil
A couple of vacation homes across the U.S. that total 1 million......................14 mil
A few bad investments/stealing by his advisors totaling a combined 5 million......9 mil
Hooking up buddies and hangers on that total 4 million...................................5 mil
uncontrollable spending that total 3 million........................................... ........2 mil

Unlike other athletes who've made 100's of millions over they're careers (T.O., Sapp) i could see how he could be broke if you call having possibly only a few million left of 26 million being "broke". He more than likely has a few fixed assets that he can turn liquid, But then this is also just the contract money...doesn't even factor in a few of his endorsement so....

Same story, different athlete. When you come from nothing, more often than not, you never really learn how to handle that kind of money. We might see mario on this list in a few years if he hasn't gotten his car addiction under control.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #24
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So how exactly is VY supposed to know that his agent and financial adviser were going to be thieves? I don't see how you could not feel sorry for him if he was genuinely a victim of these guys. There are millions of people out there who have been effected by guys like Madoff, Stanford, etc, and it's not the customer's fault.
True but neither one of these guys had any experience. He should have hired a real NFL agent that has references and years of experience working with NFL players.

Instead he tried to "take care of his homies" and got burned for being naive or stupid as the wonderlic test demonstrated.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

six.
Old 09-19-2012   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So how exactly is VY supposed to know that his agent and financial adviser were going to be thieves? I don't see how you could not feel sorry for him if he was genuinely a victim of these guys. There are millions of people out there who have been effected by guys like Madoff, Stanford, etc, and it's not the customer's fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Because he hired them.

If you give someone else your money and they steal it, you are a moron.
Well, like I said above, SIX. The Wunderlic probably isn't an indicator of much of anything when it comes to playing football, but it's probably a warning sign that he was not going to make smart decisions about complex things like finances. It sounds like a few people caught on to that fact and took advantage of it. Since VY probably never surrounded himself with paragons of integrity, no one caught on to it and protected him.

As far as him hiring those people, so did the dupes who got taken by Madoff, et al. They were sold a slick sales pitch and they bought in. Ponzi schemes and other elaborate cons don't typically go after the best and brightest society has to offer. They go after SIX.

I feel a little bad for the guy, but the same sense of justice that makes me feel a little bad for the guy also was annoyed that he got $26M in the first place, so it all washes out. The VY fanboys that made me dislike the mntion of VY over the years maybe tip the scales a little toward negativity toward VY. But hey, I'm sure he's a great guy, and now he has a chance to put that UT diploma to work and go get a cushy job somewhere making six figures like the rest of Americans, right?

OK, that was mean. I apologize.
Old 09-19-2012   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
True but neither one of these guys had any experience. He should have hired a real NFL agent that has references and years of experience working with NFL players.

Instead he tried to "take care of his homies" and got burned for being naive or stupid as the wonderlic test demonstrated.
yep. Nobody would feel sorry for me if I go bankrupt by letting morons handle my finances. Why should VY be any different? Because he's an entertainer?

Beside, dude has a college education, so he should have some smarts about it.
Old 09-19-2012   #28
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, like I said above, SIX. The Wunderlic probably isn't an indicator of much of anything when it comes to playing football, but it's probably a warning sign that he was not going to make smart decisions about complex things like finances. It sounds like a few people caught on to that fact and took advantage of it. Since VY probably never surrounded himself with paragons of integrity, no one caught on to it and protected him.

As far as him hiring those people, so did the dupes who got taken by Madoff, et al. They were sold a slick sales pitch and they bought in. Ponzi schemes and other elaborate cons don't typically go after the best and brightest society has to offer. They go after SIX.

I feel a little bad for the guy, but the same sense of justice that makes me feel a little bad for the guy also was annoyed that he got $26M in the first place, so it all washes out. The VY fanboys that made me dislike the mntion of VY over the years maybe tip the scales a little toward negativity toward VY. But hey, I'm sure he's a great guy, and now he has a chance to put that UT diploma to work and go get a cushy job somewhere making six figures like the rest of Americans, right?OK, that was mean. I apologize.
I have no doubt that his prestigious degree will make his other business ventures a success (i.e. Sausage empressario, steakhouse maven and sperm donor extrodinaire). If all else fails Mattress Mack will give him a job a furniture delivery man. No offense to furniture delivery men.
Old 09-19-2012   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

OK, that was mean too. I'll stop now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Young
Quarterbacking is all in the legs. You don't even really need a good arm. Of course, I work on it all, but it's all in the legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Young
I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame.
Old 09-19-2012   #30
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You take even bigger risk when you go with small fry advisors. If you work with a financial advisor at a big broker and they steal from you the firm pays you back. If your advisor owns his company, steals all your money and spends it then there isnt anything to get back. The same thing goes for CPAs and so on.

Both investors of Madoff and Stanford fall under the same opinion that I have of Young's situation ignorant, greedy or both. I dont feel sorry for the Stanford investors whom were putting money into CDs at 6-10% interest when the rest of the market couldnt pay 1-2% And with Madoff he had only 2 down months of investing out of 100+ month with the largest down month being 0.5% which is an impossible trading record but his investors didnt care, they just wanted the fake returns.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #31
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I feel a little bad for the guy, but the same sense of justice that makes me feel a little bad for the guy also was annoyed that he got $26M in the first place, so it all washes out. The VY fanboys that made me dislike the mntion of VY over the years maybe tip the scales a little toward negativity toward VY. But hey, I'm sure he's a great guy, and now he has a chance to put that UT diploma to work and go get a cushy job somewhere making six figures like the rest of Americans, right?

OK, that was mean. I apologize.

Im not sure why you would be annoyed that he got paid 26MM. What other people get paid doesnt mean much to me and even more so when its totally unrelated to what I do
Old 09-19-2012   #32
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You take even bigger risk when you go with small fry advisors. If you work with a financial advisor at a big broker and they steal from you the firm pays you back. If your advisor owns his company, steals all your money and spends it then there isnt anything to get back. The same thing goes for CPAs and so on.

Both investors of Madoff and Stanford fall under the same opinion that I have of Young's situation ignorant, greedy or both. I dont feel sorry for the Stanford investors whom were putting money into CDs at 6-10% interest when the rest of the market couldnt pay 1-2% And with Madoff he had only 2 down months of investing out of 100+ month with the largest down month being 0.5% which is an impossible trading record but his investors didnt care, they just wanted the fake returns.
Right here.
Old 09-19-2012   #33
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:

OK, that was mean too. I'll stop now.
Could be meaner and post a pic of Voung eating his own sausage...........

or boogers.
Old 09-19-2012   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im not sure why .....
That's fine. You don't have to be.
Old 09-19-2012   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts are that Vince needs to get his butt to Canada and see if there's still time for him to learn to play QB. If there isn't then I think he needs to investigate the other side of the play and find out if he can catch the ball. TE, tailback maybe? It's time to look outside the box and find a place in professional football if there is in fact one for him.

A lot of great players weren't too good to go north and get their act together. Vince shouldn't be either. If he is then there's really nothing anyone can do for him at this point.
Old 09-19-2012   #36
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I dont feel sorry for VY. It was his decision to get in bed with a guy like Adams. Is Reliant still VY/Fanboys house?

Wonder if VY would be willing to either bulk up and become a TE? Or become a WR? Making some $$$$ is better than making none.On second thought I couldn't see VY's ego letting him make a position change. So, broke he will be.
He is 29 years old and never played either of those positions. Not sure that is an option for him.
Old 09-19-2012   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I served VY back in 2006 and he's certainly a very good tipper. I think he tries to spread the wealth and that's a good thing overall.

Hope he's able to recover financially.
Old 09-19-2012   #38
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
My thoughts are that Vince needs to get his butt to Canada and see if there's still time for him to learn to play QB.

A lot of great players weren't too good to go north and get their act together. Vince shouldn't be either. If he is then there's really nothing anyone can do for him at this point.
I understand there is an issue with that also. Apparently the Montreal team owns his rights, have the best QB in the league, and are blocking him from going to another team.

Lingerie Football League maybe?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #39
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's fine. You don't have to be.

A good life lesson for you then. Try not to let things that have no impact on you and/or you have no control over annoy you.
Old 09-19-2012   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh....who cares? Another washed up pro athlete who wasted his money. He's in a very large group. I don't wish VY any more bad vibes than he's already dealing with, but I certainly ain't gonna waste time wishing him luck or wondering how he's doing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read