Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-19-2012   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young is broke and out of work

Blew all his money. Can't say I feel sorry for him.

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=0ap1000000063793
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well...Reggie suddenly learned how to play RB, maybe VY can suddenly learn to play QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

I wonder if Vince can dance? Perhaps he could audition for Dancing With the Stars.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

$26 million is more than almost anyone will make in a lifetime. It's the equivalent of being paid $600k a year for your entire working life. How can you blow that so fast? That's insane.

As to his spending, I once saw him buying some bling at a local jewelry shop. His stuff wasn't as bad as what tank Johnson was buying but it was still fairly insanely expensive
Old 09-19-2012   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

"Dollar Bills Please"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-19-2012   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't say anything bad about him right now. Yeah, a fool and his money and all, but I feel for him because of the financial deceleration trauma he's getting ready to experience.
Old 09-19-2012   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think all of his money was wasted in the typical fashion. 17.5 million is a lot to have disappear on anyone.

Quote:

The lawsuit contends that $5.5 million of Young's money is lost, while nearly $12 million is "untraceable." The suit says Adams and Young kept a mutual account, and that some of the quarterback's money was used to pay off Adams' personal debt. There are charges that more loans and lines of credit were agreed to without Young's knowledge. The suit states that one line of credit worth up to $500,000 was secured by someone impersonating Young on a phone call, and that a loan of more than $1 million was finalized via a fake email account.

The suit claims the Internal Revenue Service audited Young from 2006-08 and found there was $3 million of income from endorsement deals that hadn't been reported. Young paid an additional $1.3 million in taxes on that amount in 2011.
http://www.statesman.com/sports/long...r-2398410.html
Old 09-19-2012   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't think all of his money was wasted in the typical fashion. 17.5 million is a lot to have disappear on anyone.

I dont feel sorry for VY. It was his decision to get in bed with a guy like Adams. Is Reliant still VY/Fanboys house?

Wonder if VY would be willing to either bulk up and become a TE? Or become a WR? Making some $$$$ is better than making none.

On second thought I couldn't see VY's ego letting him make a position change. So, broke he will be.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have enough information to assess blame. Based on the lawsuit it appear the his advisor could have done business similar to Allen Stanford or Bernie Madoff. It's one thing to squander money, yet another to be wiped out by someone you trust steal from you.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good. I'm GLAD he's broke. He's worthless and he's a loser.

How anyone could have the God-given talents he has and COMPLETELY blow them AND the MILLIONS of dollars he got just for being a top draft pick is ****ing beyond me.

**** him.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #11
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Just got back from Clearwater, Fl and as I was finished checking in and walking up to to my room, who do I see? VY himself. It was Sunday and I was sporting my Texans t-shirt, I'm sure he was praying I would leave him be, which I did. My wife spotted him later at the beach also, hanging with his fam and enjoying his Sunday like the rest of us shmoes with no NFL gig.
Old 09-19-2012   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Just got back from Clearwater, Fl and as I was finished checking in and walking up to to my room, who do I see? VY himself. It was Sunday and I was sporting my Texans t-shirt, I'm sure he was praying I would leave him be, which I did. My wife spotted him later at the beach also, hanging with his fam and enjoying his Sunday like the rest of us shmoes with no NFL gig.
Since VY is from Houston, he probably would have been gracious. The fact that the Texans didn't draft him has probably worn off by now. There are a number of pro athletes that were drafted to a team, but still a long time fan of another except when they play each other.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
You weren't watching the Texans game?? You were in Florida. You could have rode up to Jax with me.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #14
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Good. I'm GLAD he's broke. He's worthless and he's a loser.

How anyone could have the God-given talents he has and COMPLETELY blow them AND the MILLIONS of dollars he got just for being a top draft pick is ****ing beyond me.

**** him.
Some times you have to love the Texans fanbase. Still butthurt over VY and Reggie, hate Mario now because he's with a different team, wish nothing but bad things for every ex-Texan who isn't named DeMeco.

The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #15
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully he saved a couple of empty Tequila bottles so he can remember the good times.
Old 09-19-2012   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Some times you have to love the Texans fanbase. Still butthurt over VY and Reggie, hate Mario now because he's with a different team, wish nothing but bad things for every ex-Texan who isn't named DeMeco.

Personally I have no issue with any of those guys, not even Vince.

However the VY fanboys STILL making ridiculous excuses for him and STILL hating the Texans for not drafting him annoy me to no end. So Vince failing only makes them look more stupid than they already are.

Also, VY's ego and non willingness to work put him where he is. So no I do not feel sorry for him.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There are a lot of "untraceable" ways to lose money, including gambling, drugs, women, cash payments for stuff, etc
Old 09-19-2012   #18
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

First, I don't think the "hating" of players who move on is limited to the Texans fanbase by any stretch of the imagination. I view that as within the confines of the game of football, and not extending to the personal life of the players involved. It may not be the most mature, logical position to take, but we are talking about football fans here.

In terms wishing ill personally on VY, I like to think that's one seriously misguided poster and not a representation of the Texans fanbase as a whole.
Old 09-19-2012   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I dont feel sorry for VY. It was his decision to get in bed with a guy like Adams. Is Reliant still VY/Fanboys house?

Wonder if VY would be willing to either bulk up and become a TE? Or become a WR? Making some $$$$ is better than making none.

On second thought I couldn't see VY's ego letting him make a position change. So, broke he will be.
So how exactly is VY supposed to know that his agent and financial adviser were going to be thieves? I don't see how you could not feel sorry for him if he was genuinely a victim of these guys. There are millions of people out there who have been effected by guys like Madoff, Stanford, etc, and it's not the customer's fault.
Old 09-19-2012   #20
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So how exactly is VY supposed to know that his agent and financial adviser were going to be thieves?
Taking an active interest in your finances and questioning how it is being used.

And if you have any concerns, having a third party review your books.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read