Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-18-2012   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The "Should I accept this trade" thread

Me: Vincent Jackson
Him: Dez Bryant and Greg Jennings (or Dez Bryant or Greg Jennings)

What say you?
Old 09-18-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

What say you?
I like Jennings the most of those guys. Would have a hard time passing on that, but I would try to improve my bench by getting someone other than Bryant.
Old 09-18-2012   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I accept this trade" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I like Jennings the most of those guys. Would have a hard time passing on that, but I would try to improve my bench by getting someone other than Bryant.
I feel the same way, but Jennings hasn't looked good and has been hurt a lot recently.

Jackson had a great game on Sunday..

What to do...
Old 09-18-2012   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a fan on V.Jax. I think him and Freeman are going to do very well together. I wouldn't make that trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #5
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I would keep Vincent... He has Dallas next but then Redskins, Chiefs, Saints, Vikings, Raiders

Thats some weak defenses....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Me: Megatron

Him: AP or Mcgahee/Crabtree/Schaub as a package

My backs suck, Bradshaw who's hurt, Ben Tate, deangelo Williams, Andre brown(recent wire pickup)...
At wr I have Demaryius T, G Jennings, and Stephen Hill.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a wash imo. all these guys have the same issues..

They all have had trouble in the past answering the bell week in week out..

All of their qb's have other options that can (usually do) overshadow them on any given week

don't be fooled by V jax..dude will be "questionable/out" before you know it

it's an even swap if you ask me..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2012   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

My backs suck, Bradshaw who's hurt, Ben Tate, deangelo Williams, Andre brown(recent wire pickup)...
Megatron is about to go up against the titans defense next week...they have slow midgets all over their secondary....might want to wait a week before you offer this trade.
Old 09-20-2012   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Megatron is about to go up against the titans defense next week...they have slow midgets all over their secondary....might want to wait a week before you offer this trade.
Yeah, but look at his RB's. He should probably do the trade for that purpose alone. I think AP's gettin ready to get going. I'd do it, but that's just my opinion
Old 09-20-2012   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, but look at his RB's. He should probably do the trade for that purpose alone. I think AP's gettin ready to get going. I'd do it, but that's just my opinion
Yeah, my RB's stink. I drafted later in the first round. Plus, it's a traditional ESPN league and a non-PPR. Backs are the main source of points.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
AP is going against San Francisco this week, so his value will probably drop. Calvin against Tenn ought to have a nice day. Might be able to get more in the trade if you wait until Monday. I'd want AP and MacGahee if possible, just throw in any of your current RBs.
Old 09-20-2012   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Maybe i read it wrong, but the bolded underlined is the key there. I read it as:

AP for Megatron straight up or

Megatron for Mcgahee/Crabs & Schaub as a package.

& if the latter is the case i wouldn't do b/c Mcgahee is a tremendous step down from AP & your rb corps isn't improved that much.
Old 09-20-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Not sure who gets whom, but I want to be on the Jennings/Bryant side.

Quote:

My rule: Never trade your studs. Megatron = mega-stud.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Not sure who gets whom, but I want to be on the Jennings/Bryant side.

My rule: Never trade your studs. Megatron = mega-stud.
Whut he sed.
Old 09-24-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

In my big money league, my roster currently looks like this:

QB: Eli Manning, Luck
RB: Ray Rice, Andre Brown, Mikel Leshore, Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart and Fred Jackson
WR: Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams (TB), Malcolm Floyd
TE: Dennis Pitta
K: Matt Bryant
DST: Buffalo

It's a PPR league, so I'm a little thin at WR. Since I now have quite a RB corps, I'm thinking of trying to finagle a trade for a starting WR for one of my RBs. I'm proposing a trade of AP for AJ Green to try to get discussions going. Other possibilities I could trade for are Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, etc. I'm thinking a hurt Fred Jackson for the hurt Hakeem Nicks would be great, because the guy who has Nicks also has CJ Spiller. Any ideas on this? I really need another WR.
Old 09-26-2012   #16
gtexan02
Working?

I think Adrian Peterson for AJ Green is not a good trade for you, personally.
You've got Ray Rice and then a bunch of maybes at running back. AD and Ray Rice are an awesome 1-2 punch. Don't break that up.

Andre Brown has high trade value right now -- I'd be looking to sell high. As does Mikel Leshore. Fred Jackson for Nicks would be a steal if you could get it
Old 09-26-2012   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

So how about this trade given the lineup above:

I trade Adrian Peterson and (Fred Jackson or Andre Brown) for AJ Green and Matt Forte. (It's PPR)

Thoughts? I need another WR, and getting a stud would be nice. I can wait on Forte, but if he doesn't play for a few weeks, I'll be OK.
Old 09-26-2012   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Love it.
Old 09-27-2012   #19
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67197 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Do it.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So how about this trade given the lineup above:

I trade Adrian Peterson and (Fred Jackson or Andre Brown) for AJ Green and Matt Forte. (It's PPR)

Thoughts? I need another WR, and getting a stud would be nice. I can wait on Forte, but if he doesn't play for a few weeks, I'll be OK.
AP for AJ is pretty much straight up.

Brown for Forte is lopsided in PPR.

I'd do it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read