Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2012   #21
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The SWatt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Should read S'Watt Squad. FYI
What is a Swat squad though? A swat team is a real thing -- hence the nickname/play on words
Old 09-18-2012   #22
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Fact. Things need to be organic.
Things don't always need nicknames either. I mean how come nobody wants to nickname the offense?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Things don't always need nicknames either. I mean how come nobody wants to nickname the offense?
I got one...Kubiak's Haircut. It's kind of an abstract thing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #24
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I dont really like the idea of naming the entire defense, or even just the defensive line, after one player. I think we should stick with Bulls on Parade. Besides, it's cool whenever they play that song whenever the defense goes on the field at reliant.
Old 09-18-2012   #25
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 67743 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Did anyone else hear the story the announcers were telling about JJ Watt playing volleyball twice a week to get his pass defend timing down?

I was thinking to myself "Now thats a great idea." Reminded me of Antonio Gates and his basketball career.
you know he was joking; right?

Quote:
I go to the Y every Tuesday and Thursday and play [volleyball], Watt joked. Im an outside setter, and thats where I get my success from on the field.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...ll-joe-philbin

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #26
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69963 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Gretchen: That is so fetch!
Regina: Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen!
MSR, brilliant.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #27
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Shrug. Seems like a good idea. Those Olympic
Volleyball players had some serious deflection ability
Old 09-18-2012   #28
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda like #1 defense in both scoring and yardage in the NFL. That has a nice ring to it.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #29
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 67743 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Shrug. Seems like a good idea. Those Olympic
Volleyball players had some serious deflection ability
LOL I just picture in my mind JJ walking into the local Y with his duffel bag twice a week for his pickup game of volleyball and all of the intermediate school girls not wanting to play against him. Kinda like Kramer from Seinfeld doing karate against little kids.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #30
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

https://twitter.com/TexansTalk Bulls Eye Tailgators @BullsEye_J
Obviously photoshopped...Jags Stadium never gets that full
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
. I thought it was called the gulf coast offense
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #32
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate "Bulls on Parade", but at the same time "Swatt Team" focuses too much on one player.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #33
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I hate "Bulls on Parade", but at the same time "Swatt Team" focuses too much on one player.
I don't necessarily see why this is a bad thing. The Ravens defense has been brutal for years, but Ray Lewis is the unquestioned leader in that group. Even when he's not the best player.

JJ could be "that guy" for us easily
Old 09-18-2012   #34
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston DoD???
Old 09-18-2012   #35
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't necessarily see why this is a bad thing. The Ravens defense has been brutal for years, but Ray Lewis is the unquestioned leader in that group. Even when he's not the best player.

JJ could be "that guy" for us easily
True, but even after him being the face of that defense for 10 years you don't see them being called The Rayvens or Ray Lewis and the Impenetrable 11. He is just a mainstay and a leader, and I agree that Watt could become that for us too. I like the sound of the SWATT team but I think it does put a little too much focus on one guy, and that doesn't suit a defense that has talked so much about the camaraderie and team work mentality that they have.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

How about no nickname?

How about just calling them "the defense"...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #37
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How about no nickname?

How about just calling them "the defense"...
^^^ This.

No need to force things. No need to have a nickname.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #38
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans fans trying to nickname the defense all-time tally:

Attempts: 1,426,347,864
Nicknames: 1 and nobody liked it anyway
This is the post!! I believe nicknames find you and not the other way around. I don't get the rush to find a name for any of it.

However, when the 'namesters' went after the gheyer than ghey "Bulls On Parade" I had to agree with the OP. Anything, ANYTHING but B.O.P.

Old 09-18-2012   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know how they had that silly Mario thing whenever Mario got a sack? Well, when JJ Watt bats down a pass the stadium should play the theme from S.W.A.T. while showing the replay.
Old 09-18-2012   #40
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 53145 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Yeah, I have never been a fan of "Bulls on Parade" as I hate the band Rage Against the Machine who came out with that song years ago y the same name. So I already didn't like the song and band and IMO, it seemed an obvious choice and therefore "un original" if you will.

I'm not too sure about the "SWatt Team" either but maybe that will grow on me. I heard JJ doesn't like to be called JJ SWatt as he feels it makes him sound one dimensional (they mentioned that on 610 yesterday so that is my source on that).
Who hates RATM? You crazy Austin kids...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read