Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2012   #21
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Houston Texans = 2011 Alabama Crimson Tide

2012 Houston Texans....I think of the 2012 Houston Texans.....
I would never equate a college team to a professional team.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #22
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
The answer to each of those is obvious: Ditka.

Tried to rep you, bro. MSR
Tried. MSR...
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #23
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Clutchfans doesn't allow newbies to start new threads. I have been thinking TT might want to adopt that policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I've requested this but was met with a lot of contention!!
Count me in.

A sincere welcome to the board, DavisAg, but count me as one of those who don't care for the thread topic.
Old 09-18-2012   #24
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Clutchfans doesn't allow newbies to start new threads. I have been thinking TT might want to adopt that policy.
CF has had a lot of newb threads lately. Mostly Lin fans.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #25
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

2012 Houston Texans = 2012 Minka Kelly's Ass

It's just that good.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that only people who are as intelligent and as good looking as I am should be allowed to start threads.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #27
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think that only people who are as intelligent and as good looking as I am should be allowed to start threads.
Oh dear, that leaves the door wide open for all to start threads.
Old 09-18-2012   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe an online click-through tutorial and subsequent questions the new poster has to answer...like a continuing education class online.

1. You are new to the boards. You are about to start a thread. What is the best action to take:

a.) See if that thread already exists, and if it exists please post in IT instead

b.) If no thread exists for your topic, does your topic fit the forum you are posting it in? Is your topic awkward? Are YOU awkward? Do you live with your parents or grandmother? If you answered yes to more than 1 question, please sell your computer or disconnect your DSL service.

c.) Are you sensitive to criticism? Then pretend you started the thread, but don't. For the rest of the day, enjoy your imaginary thread and all the positive replies it fictitiously received. You are the king of the world.

I remember when I first started posting on the original Texans board when it first began, the old houstontexans.com board. I was as awkward as anything we've seen here. I look back on it and laugh. Everyone starts off a bit awkwardly.

DavisAG, if you're still around please know that you are welcome here. It's like a brotherhood...we're going to razz you and it's nothing personal. If we end up being as successful as the 2011 Crimson Tide then I'll be one happy dude, for sure.
Old 09-18-2012   #29
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to continue the thread derail (and sorry DavisAG, not trying to pick on you, welcome aboard - your user name implies we may have 2 things in common)

I post over at TexAgs some, and that site annoys the hell out of me. Everytime some stray thought passes thru a mind, someone starts a thread. Game day is ridiculous, I tried to follow Sat and there must have been hundreds of threads started. I have always greatly appreciated the job the mods here do in keeping things orderly around here (shameless sucking up). As the Texans get more popular, we are going to move from the small society we have enjoyed, but I hope we are able to keep the board from turning into a stray thought central.
Old 09-18-2012   #30
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've just started posting here in the last month or so, but have been reading daily since begining of the 11 season. Where do I go to see what threads have already been started? Also a few abreveations people use I'm not sure of. Any place to find a list? (newbe handbook maybe, threads for dummies etc. Lol)
I have started a thread on where to watch games in Oklahoma. I got great feed back! I've been here working and will be all season and haven't missed a game. So a big thanks to y'all!!!!!!!!
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59790837116893

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAg View Post
Hear me out.

I can't help but think of the 2011 Alabama squad while watching the Texans.

Schaub=McCarron
A game-managing QB who doesn't have to do much for the team to be successful, as long as he limits turnovers.

Foster/Tate=Richardson/Lacy
We have a stable of RB's that the offense leans heavily on. Because of the sound running game, the QB just has to be a game-manager.

Both offensive lines are arguably the best in the country.

Andre Johnson=Marquis Maze
Clearly the No. 1 receiver and the QB knows he can rely on him. He doesn't necessarily have to put up big numbers to make an impact. Draws attention to create room for other receivers.

Defense has studs all over the place. Anchored by a monster DL and fantastic linebackers, they put constant pressure on the opposing QB, making the DB's jobs easier.

Jonathan Joseph=Dre Kirkpatrick
Both are ball-hawks that lockdown receivers and play very physical. Both considered to be one of the best in the country at the position.

So there you have it. Reasons why I see the 2011 National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide when I watch my 2012 Suberbowl Champion Houston Texans.
LOL yo might have done better if you had said the two teams were similar rather thn equaling each other. I took it you were comparing and TBH I have thought the same recently. A coaching staff that has built a program where it has a strong team every year (Texans should be there now); a good Qb if not Heisman or HOF; an Oline that folks talk about (Texans had this until Briesel & Eric left, but could continue with their replacements). Maze may never be an Andre Johnson but he could. I read your thread that like Houston, Alabama has WR that is clutch.

DavisAG, welcome to the board & don't sweat the heat. Most of the posters giving you grief have had stupid posts at one time or another or simply ones than most others disagree with. They just hope the spotlight has dimmed. You should pull up the thread I started a few years ago about trading Andre Johnson as it looked like we were going nowhere.

My posts are like that famous box of chocolates that Mr. Gump spoke of. Some are pretty tasty, others are gooeey & others nutty. Some make you want to spit.

Steve
Old 09-18-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
LOL yo might have done better if you had said the two teams were similar rather thn equaling each other. I took it you were comparing and TBH I have thought the same recently. A coaching staff that has built a program where it has a strong team every year (Texans should be there now); a good Qb if not Heisman or HOF; an Oline that folks talk about (Texans had this until Briesel & Eric left, but could continue with their replacements). Maze may never be an Andre Johnson but he could. I read your thread that like Houston, Alabama has WR that is clutch.

DavisAG, welcome to the board & don't sweat the heat. Most of the posters giving you grief have had stupid posts at one time or another or simply ones than most others disagree with. They just hope the spotlight has dimmed. You should pull up the thread I started a few years ago about trading Andre Johnson as it looked like we were going nowhere.

My posts are like that famous box of chocolates that Mr. Gump spoke of. Some are pretty tasty, others are gooeey & others nutty. Some make you want to spit.

Steve
I read the OP (that's original poster for you, Davis) the same way you do.

The thread title was not a good one, that's all.

You just can't put that equal sign there.

I would agree with the Texans (in the NFL) might be comparable to the Tides (that won the National Championship - at the collegiate level).

I don't agree with some of the comparisons, but I can see where he was coming from.

Last edited by 76Texan; 09-18-2012 at 03:04 PM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #34
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Jon Week's dad accidentally breaks the Lombardi trophy...

Dad of Alabama long snapper broke national championship trophy
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
If Jon Week's dad accidentally breaks the Lombardi trophy...

Dad of Alabama long snapper broke national championship trophy
was unaware of this. Thanks for posting Stan!

Last edited by badboy; 09-18-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Must spread peanut butter er reputation
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #36
HollaIFyaHEMI
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Without Jacoby Jones ... we would have. IMHO.

As soon as Jacoby fumbled that football and Baltimore scored on us, the game was over. With Matt Schaub, the game would not have been over.
HollaIFyaHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #37
DavisAg
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry for the confusion on this thread. Definitely didn't turn out like I thought it would. I've been a lurker on this site for years but didn't decide to sign up until recently, obviously.

GlassHalfFull, I too post on TexAgs and judging by your username, you aren't the typical TexAgs poster. The meltdowns over there are unbearable at times but this board seems much more laid back. (I guess that's what happens when you win consistently.)

I have no problem with criticism at all. Just thought it would be a fun thread and I guess yall took it a bit more seriously that I assumed you would. I understand the confusion with the equals signs. Just know that I would never literally compare my Texans to a college team. I'm as big of a Texans fan as any of you and there is nothing I love more than my Aggies and my Texans.

DavisAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #38
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAg View Post
Sorry for the confusion on this thread. Definitely didn't turn out like I thought it would. I've been a lurker on this site for years but didn't decide to sign up until recently, obviously.

GlassHalfFull, I too post on TexAgs and judging by your username, you aren't the typical TexAgs poster. The meltdowns over there are unbearable at times but this board seems much more laid back. (I guess that's what happens when you win consistently.)

I have no problem with criticism at all. Just thought it would be a fun thread and I guess yall took it a bit more seriously that I assumed you would. I understand the confusion with the equals signs. Just know that I would never literally compare my Texans to a college team. I'm as big of a Texans fan as any of you and there is nothing I love more than my Aggies and my Texans.

It's the regular season. We have no sense of humor to speak of until around March when we come to terms with the fact that we are not Super Bowl Champs.

I wouldn't put too much weight on the reactions of this thread. You clearly are not the kind of poster that will start out with a bunch of red rep dots by your name. You're a Texan fan so welcome to the asylum!
Old 09-18-2012   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What Showtime said.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #40
DavisAg
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
It's the regular season. We have no sense of humor to speak of until around March when we come to terms with the fact that we are not Super Bowl Champs.

I wouldn't put too much weight on the reactions of this thread. You clearly are not the kind of poster that will start out with a bunch of red rep dots by your name. You're a Texan fan so welcome to the asylum!

Well let's hope the sense of humor is present in early February.

Thanks to those of you for the welcome(s).
DavisAg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read