Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2012   #81
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Dang, don't think the Falcons did us any favours by beating the Broncos.

Although on the other hand any loss by an AFC contender is a good loss for us.
Did you see Peyton's throws? He's still good, but damn that zip is gone.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #82
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Haven't seen any of the game yet, MNF is on during my working day over here.

Will try to catch some highlights at least.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #83
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are some of yall taking this prediction **** so seriously? You guys know damn well any team can beat any other team if the circumstances are right. There is no certainty in the NFL.

I predict the Texans win billions and billions to nuttin' when the spirit of Carl Sagen decends upon Denver and the Broncos are lifted away and deposited in the center of the Sun.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #84
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Denver's D can stop the Texan ground game. Too many little guys, just like the old Colts. I think Peyton will dink and dunk his way into safety, staying clean, keeping the turnovers down but it won't be enough to overcome the defense.

Texans 24
Col...Broncos 16
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #85
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

After the outcome last night, as of today, the Texans and the 49ers are the best teams from their respective conferences.

The other AFC teams that are normally in the top tier have had focus problems.

The Texans could have slept on their two opponents, but we didn't. Great teams take care of business no matter how "routine" or boring that business might be.

We'll win this next game, then the really tricky part of the schedule begins. If we stay injury-free, built momentum each week, this team can go gonzo.
Old 09-18-2012   #86
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
It was like watching Schaub playing with a big(ger) forehead (but riskier).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #87
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24 Broncos 20

Running game powers us again. D forces 3 turnovers.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #88
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

After last night's game I'm gonna change my mind.

Texans - 35
Broncos - 17

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #89
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
After last night's game I'm gonna change my mind.

Texans - 35
Broncos - 17
I'm not going to read too much into last nights game. He started horribly, but turned it around. He just ran out of time. Although, I really like what the Falcons defense did to get him off his mark.

I do think we'll be able to move the ball on their D. As usual, it'll come down to stopping Payton
Old 09-18-2012   #90
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah he started off horribly, but I don't think our D will give him a chance to get his $h!t together.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #91
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning has not faced this defense before. He saw it from the sideline in Indy....but never was on the field.
Manning has only faced the old 4-3 defense under Bush.
I think our defense is going to have him running around and not able to set and throw.
Should be fun.....Texans 28 Broncos 14
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #92
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
and the Steelers could'nt even beat Tebow in the playoff's. It does not matter, we will see sunday.
Like I said in closing. Too close for me to call.

I believe our D is every bit as good as Atlanta's is - if not better - so if they gave Peyton fits, we should too.

Question is which Texans offense will show up; the one that started like molasses in week one or the one that dominated and stayed on the field for nearly 3/4th of the game in week two??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #93
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Like I said in closing. Too close for me to call.

I believe our D is every bit as good as Atlanta's is - if not better - so if they gave Peyton fits, we should too.

Question is which Texans offense will show up; the one that started like molasses in week one or the one that dominated and stayed on the field for nearly 3/4th of the game in week two??
Miami has a damn good run D. I believe they kept the vanilla offense the first two games because of the quality of opponents. They really didn't need to air it out much. I think this week we'll see if how powerful our offense can be.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #94
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Why are some of yall taking this prediction **** so seriously? You guys know damn well any team can beat any other team if the circumstances are right. There is no certainty in the NFL.

I predict the Texans win billions and billions to nuttin' when the spirit of Carl Sagen decends upon Denver and the Broncos are lifted away and deposited in the center of the Sun.

Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #95
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's just me, but I kinda wished the Broncos had won a squeaker last night. I hate facing good teams coming off tough losses, (historically) they always seem to rebound well against the Texans.

I think this team CAN win, but I predict a close one going to the home team.

Texans - 20

Broncos - 27
Old 09-18-2012   #96
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Dang, don't think the Falcons did us any favours by beating the Broncos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I kinda wished the Broncos had won a squeaker last night. I hate facing good teams coming off tough losses, (historically) they always seem to rebound well against the Texans.
Totally agree. The Broncos will be desperate to avoid a 1-2 start. The Texans will be less desperate to avoid a 2-1 start.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #97
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Totally agree. The Broncos will be desperate to avoid a 1-2 start. The Texans will be less desperate to avoid a 2-1 start.
yeah, but this is the time for a statement game. Outside of the playoffs, this is the statement game for us to date. We either swell in the eyes of NFL Nation or we continue to be marginalized like Ron Paul as 'the team from the weak division' early in this season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #98
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but this is the time for a statement game. Outside of the playoffs, this is the statement game for us to date. We either swell in the eyes of NFL Nation or we continue to be marginalized like Ron Paul as 'the team from the weak division' early in this season.
Agree with that as well. As I said in my first post in the thread: if the Texans win this game I'll truly believe they've got what it takes to go the distance.

Winning in Denver is never easy. Winning in Denver against Peyton Manning? That would be special.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #99
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Im sorry I would never wish ill will on another teams players but....Peyton must go down. Repeatedly and hard.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #100
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im sorry I would never wish ill will on another teams players but....Peyton must go down. Repeatedly and hard.
Jonathan Vilma agrees with your sentiments.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read