Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-17-2012   #21
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 20 Season Ticket Holders Traveling to the Denver Game

Thanks. I went into the FB group but FB confounds me because it sort of sucks except for when it doesn't.

I will get the word out on the Twitter machine and blogs.
Old 09-17-2012   #22
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 20 Season Ticket Holders Traveling to the Denver Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Thanks. I went into the FB group but FB confounds me because it sort of sucks except for when it doesn't.

I will get the word out on the Twitter machine and blogs.
You would not believe how many posts I delete (and there's still all that stuff there).

Thanks for spreading the word!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #23
kttiger98
Rookie

I've got 4 heading to Denver from Katy/OKC.

See y'all there!
kttiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #24
Bullpenpride
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3x4NSBULL View Post
Definitely will be rocking all Texans gear while I'm there, I'm wearing Battle Red for the game for sure.
We've now grown to 22 peopel in our group and we are all wearing battle read. We are working on our Sat afternoon spot and late night club spot that we'll share shortly... Our group is pumped..
Bullpenpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #25
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpenpride View Post
We've now grown to 22 peopel in our group and we are all wearing battle read. We are working on our Sat afternoon spot and late night club spot that we'll share shortly... Our group is pumped..
I reccommend here:

Quote:
Saturday, 9/22/12

5:00 - ??? Bulls on Parade Meet-up

Falling Rock Tap House

1919 Blake Street, Denver, CO

(303) 293-8338 http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/

So far this is the only bar/restaurant that I have called that seems very welcoming. It is also the night of one of the last Colorado Rockies games. That game starts at 6, so the head bartender figured 5 would be a good time to claim prime bar real estate. They have an amazing selection of beers, pool tables and dart boards. Bring a piece of swag you won't miss if it vanishes (towel, pom pom, beads, etc.) - let's make this a Texans bar.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-18-2012   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so jealous!! You all have a FANtastic time, and rep our boys well!! I'll be looking for lots of RED!!

Go Texans!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #27
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 378 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally got my ticket. I am sitting section 135 row 1.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #28
Bullpenpride
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I reccommend here:
Done, we've just notified our folks that we'll be at the Falling Rock spot. I've been there on business and its actually bigger than you think and a fun bar..
Old 09-18-2012   #29
Bullpenpride
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmnut66 View Post
Hey Bullpen Locos! We would love to join in with you all Sat. nite . We have tickets in sec.229 row 33 ....we chose the last row in that section so we can fly/showcase the Texans flag proudly!!
My brother which lives near Denver may know a downtown sports bar ( Lo Do/Coors field area) for all to gather.
Please keep us posted where we can meet and REPRESENT them Texans!
Mario 8323263238
Cool Mario, we are meeting at the Falling Rock at 5pm that night and we are heading out to a late night hot spot downtown to club it!.
Old 09-18-2012   #30
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 5732 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

8 of us will also be at Falling Rock Tap House, Sat at 5pm like mentioned.

Any word on tailgating or gathering before the game???
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #31
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

I expect some great photos and videos! Mile High is a blast!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-18-2012   #32
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

As some of you know, I watch the football game at Pucker’s in Round Rock every Sunday, and I do this with my buddy who has been a Bronco fan since he was a kid in the early 70s. Same seats at the covered patio bar table outside (I’m a little loud), they show my games, and sometimes we hang around and watch his…but on others we go back to his house and watch the Broncos late game at his house with our wives/kids. Well, since there was no Bronco game Sunday afternoon, we just enjoyed the Seahawks dismantle the Cowboys…fun was had by all. At some point during the night game, they made him come sit over by me on the couch, and they all huddled around like some type of gang fight. Then we see cameras and we look at each other like “what the hell is going on”. They hand us each a box, carefully wrapped in our respective team colors, so we open them. In it, he finds a #7 Elway jersey, and I find a #59 jersey…each would be wonderful gifts…except they are the jerseys out of our closet. So we kind of laugh and think it’s just a gag, and then they tell us to read the cards. Each envelop again has our respective team colors and logs on it, so we open it up to a recorded music card playing the MNF theme song, and the phrase “PACK YOUR JERSIES, YOUR GOING TO DENVER”. We look at each other again like “what”, and then he pulls something else out of the envelope that has our plane tickets to Denver and Seats in Sec 122 Row 11 seats 9 and 10. 45 yard line behind the Texans bench!!! Our wives have been holding this since April, and even talked to our bosses to make sure we have next Monday off too. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY WIFE!!!!!! My buddy and I arrive in Denver at 2pm Saturday and don't leave until 2:30pm on Monday! Hope to see some yall there...you should hear me come game time!

Long story short…the two seats at Plucker’s will be open for use this week.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #33
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
As some of you know, I watch the football game at Pucker’s in Round Rock every Sunday, and I do this with my buddy who has been a Bronco fan since he was a kid in the early 70s. Same seats at the covered patio bar table outside (I’m a little loud), they show my games, and sometimes we hang around and watch his…but on others we go back to his house and watch the Broncos late game at his house with our wives/kids. Well, since there was no Bronco game Sunday afternoon, we just enjoyed the Seahawks dismantle the Cowboys…fun was had by all. At some point during the night game, they made him come sit over by me on the couch, and they all huddled around like some type of gang fight. Then we see cameras and we look at each other like “what the hell is going on”. They hand us each a box, carefully wrapped in our respective team colors, so we open them. In it, he finds a #7 Elway jersey, and I find a #59 jersey…each would be wonderful gifts…except they are the jerseys out of our closet. So we kind of laugh and think it’s just a gag, and then they tell us to read the cards. Each envelop again has our respective team colors and logs on it, so we open it up to a recorded music card playing the MNF theme song, and the phrase “PACK YOUR JERSIES, YOUR GOING TO DENVER”. We look at each other again like “what”, and then he pulls something else out of the envelope that has our plane tickets to Denver and Seats in Sec 122 Row 11 seats 9 and 10. 45 yard line behind the Texans bench!!! Our wives have been holding this since April, and even talked to our bosses to make sure we have next Monday off too. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY WIFE!!!!!! My buddy and I arrive in Denver at 2pm Saturday and don't leave until 2:30pm on Monday! Hope to see some yall there...you should hear me come game time!

Long story short…the two seats at Plucker’s will be open for use this week.
I am happy for your bro, that is AWESOME. I know you will bring it and represent! Hope to see you at Pluckers soon!

*edit - MSR, somebody get him for me.
Old 09-18-2012   #34
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I am happy for your bro, that is AWESOME. I know you will bring it and represent! Hope to see you at Pluckers soon!

*edit - MSR, somebody get him for me.
Great story. I sent rep for his wife.
Old 09-18-2012   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
it is a closed group, you need to be friends with someone to join. Search on Katie Coughlen and send me a friend request. Promise I am the only one out there
Who is this Katie Coughlen you refer to???
Old 09-18-2012   #36
mmnut66
Rookie

Section: Bullpen 117 5,6

Falling Rock sounds like a winner, we will be glad to join yall as soon as we get back from our visit to the Garden of the Gods... should be back @ 6...lets let denver know Texans fans are in the HOUSE!! looking forward to seeing all my rowdy TEXANS FANS on Saturday NITE!!!
mmnut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #37
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my blog writeup on Denver plans + traveling fan tips. Will update if there is updated info:

Unofficial plans for Texans fans going to Denver
Old 09-19-2012   #38
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpenpride View Post
I heard there was a Houston guy that was going to host a party in downtown Denver because he was from Houston... We are thinking about wearing Battle Red jerseys to be different from the Navy Denver home jerseys...
The crowd will likely all be wearing orange, so red isn't going to stick out like it would against Navy...just sayin'. But it's not Navy or White like what is in the Broncos colorcheme so it's probably the best option. The Broncos are wearing Orange at home games this year, not the Navy as in years past. Their ownership listened to the plea of the masses in 2010/11 and made the change with the change to Nike this year.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #39
kttiger98
Rookie

Are there any plans for tailgating before the game on Sunday? There are 3 of us staying at the Hilton Garden Inn - Downtown. We are looking for a parking pass, but haven't had success yet.
kttiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #40
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 29450 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking for tickets right now, anyone have just one extra or would mind letting me sleep on your hotel floor? I'll obviously chip in money towards hotel but it would just be me going solo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read