Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2012   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

Some of yall seem to forget the power of Da Watt. Manning hasn't seen this defense yet except in film. I predict a very close game won in the 4th qtr. I'll say by whom after I watch the game tonight.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #42
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

And our defense is well rested.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 09-17-2012   #43
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27

Broncos 21
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #44
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Some of yall seem to forget the power of Da Watt. Manning hasn't seen this defense yet except in film. I predict a very close game won in the 4th qtr. I'll say by whom after I watch the game tonight.
And with that film, my fear comes with the clinic Drew Brees put on KJ in last season's week 3 game.

I want to reserve a prediction until after watching tonight's game as well, but my gut says it will be a last man standing game.

We all know that Peyton can't get comfortable and I like our chances to disrupt him all game long. That and securing the rock will be KEY. I would LOVE to see the tricycle put a smile on Kube's face this week!
Old 09-17-2012   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Factors:
thin air vs short week for Denver

Texans RBs vs hopefully tired D

Texans LBs versus TEs (Dreesen?)

KJ versus #2 WR

Walters and OD vs middle of field

AJ will be a factor only in tying up more than one defender.

Texans win
Old 09-17-2012   #46
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Not a doubt in my mind, the Texans are losing this one.

31 -13

If somehow the Texans win, then I will truly believe this is a Super Bowl team.
After a win over an extremely overhyped Broncos team?
Old 09-17-2012   #47
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Joel Dreesen will screw us over Sage Rosenfels style. Just thought of that. That could be the game changer.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #48
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I wonder if Joel Dreesen will screw us over Sage Rosenfels style. Just thought of that. That could be the game changer.
I don't recall playing against Sage.. ??
Old 09-17-2012   #49
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
28 Houston
21 Denver

Final score in overtime. The Texans Vs. Manning rivalry is reborn.

Seriously though, the key matchup here will be Kareem Vs. Decker. Manning threw equally to Thomas and Decker, and he went to Decker a couple of times in the endzone, Manning will surely test Jackson more than Joseph.
You don't kick the extra point in overtime.
Old 09-17-2012   #50
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not a doubt in my mind, the Texans are losing this one.

31 -13

If somehow the Texans win, then I will truly believe this is a Super Bowl team.
Did you not get enough attention when you were a child?
Old 09-17-2012   #51
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I don't recall playing against Sage.. ??
It was against the Giants and he was the backup qb at the time. I think it was Cushings rookie year or the year before. Essentially he told the Giants a good deal of information about our offense and we couldn't get anything done that game. Google lance zierlein and sage rosenfel's revenge. On the crackberry so I cannot paste links.

That could happen with Dreesen. He could tell the Broncos everything about our offense and we struggle because of it.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #52
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Did you not get enough attention when you were a child?
Oh, am I on the wrong board? I was thinking this was the non-groupthink board. My bad!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #53
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Does anyone have stats for peyton manning vs. Wade Phillips defense?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #54
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Oh, am I on the wrong board? I was thinking this was the non-groupthink board. My bad!
Your a Texan fan. This is our best team ever. We just got through playing what was one of our most dominating games in 10+ years and you predict we get killed 31 to 13 by a team we should be better than. Just seems like something we used to see Richard Justice write. I guess It could happen, not sure how someone could predict it though.
Old 09-17-2012   #55
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
That could happen with Dreesen. He could tell the Broncos everything about our offense and we struggle because of it.
I don't see this logic with the 2012 Texans. While he may be able to relay some plays, they still have to stop our offense. I would like to think our audibles have changed since last year as well. The zone blocking scheme negates some of the worry as well. I'm just not that worried about what Dressen could tell them.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #56
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Your a Texan fan. This is our best team ever. We just got through playing what was one of our most dominating games in 10+ years and you predict we get killed 31 to 13 by a team we should be better than. Just seems like something we used to see Richard Justice write. I guess It could happen, not sure how someone could predict it though.
Being a fan has never prevented me from seeing things as they really are.

Kubiak is notorious for having a sorry record on the road against winning teams.

The Texans have never beaten a Peyton Manning led team on the road.

If I'm going to offer a prediction I'm not going to lie for the sake of going with the rest of the group. I prefer to be honest. I'm crazy like that.

Sorry if that disrupts your delicate sensibilities.
Old 09-17-2012   #57
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak is notorious for having a sorry record on the road against winning teams.
I don't think that's the case. At least, he's beaten winning teams on the road and I think there are coaches who have worse records on the road against winning teams than he does. So I think "notorious" is a bit hyperbolic.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #58
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't think that's the case. At least, he's beaten winning teams on the road and I think there are coaches who have worse records on the road against winning teams than he does. So I think "notorious" is a bit hyperbolic.
Perhaps he's just notorious in my eyes. As of the end of last season, Kubiak is 3 and 20 on the road against winning teams.
Old 09-17-2012   #59
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Does anyone have stats for peyton manning vs. Wade Phillips defense?
I only went back to 02 (is anything before that relevant? Prob not)

Atl
2003 25/30 290yds 5 TD 0 Int
SD
2004 27/44 383yds 2 TD 1 Int
2005 26/45 336yds 1 TD 2 Int
DAL
2010 36/48 365yds 2 TD 4 Int

The one vs Atl was a real bad team. Wade took over as HC I believe. They were just terrible. Manning, for the most part, has put up a lot of yards but inefficient as hell.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #60
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 17
Brocos - 14

I think this gonna be a great, close game. Peyton always does well against us.He also has a good offense, and a pretty good D to back him up. Miller is the real deal, plus more.

I just think or D will be out to wreck shop, and show thy are the real deal!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read