Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Is Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
Yes 0 0%
No 124 100.00%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2012   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jonathan Joseph overpaid?

Forbes released a list titled "NFL's Most Overpaid Players", and I was surprised to see Jonathan Joseph on there.

What you guys think, agree or disagree?

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf4...gallerycontent
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?

Do you remember our secondary before he and Manning?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?

I think whoever came up with that list doesn't know what they're talking about.
Old 09-17-2012   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally disagree. I don't care about pro bowls or all pro selections, I care about how important he is to our team. And he's DAMNED important to our team.

And I disagree with Vernon Davis being on that list, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

with exception of Joseph this is a pretty solid list, might want to change out Jonathan with Jay Cutler

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #6
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Totally disagree. I don't care about pro bowls or all pro selections, I care about how important he is to our team. And he's DAMNED important to our team.

And I disagree with Vernon Davis being on that list, too.
Vernon Davis dominated that game last night, whether it was as a receiver or a blocker he looked like an all pro.
Old 09-17-2012   #7
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

What a joke. MW isn't even on there but Joseph is?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2012   #8
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

In a league where everyone is grossly overpaid, Joseph, McFadden and Vernon Davis don't belong on that list.
Old 09-17-2012   #9
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

how the hell is nnamdi asomugha not on this list?

or chris johnson
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #10
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
In a league where everyone is grossly overpaid, Joseph, McFadden and Vernon Davis don't belong on that list.
I'd argue McFadden deserves to be on there. I mean staying on the field is what he gets paid to do and he doesn't do that near enough. He is great when he plays. But he plays far too little for what he is paid.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
What a joke. MW isn't even on there but Joseph is?
QFT. Any list that does not include MW cannot be taken seriously.
Old 09-17-2012   #12
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

No!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #13
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I'd argue McFadden deserves to be on there. I mean staying on the field is what he gets paid to do and he doesn't do that near enough. He is great when he plays. But he plays far too little for what he is paid.
But I don't think I can fault the Raiders for that one. They paid out based on his talent, with an assumption that he'd be on the field more often than not. I see this more as a situation where McFadden has "underplayed".

If we can agree on the difference between underperformed vs. underplayed, then I think we can agree that the Raiders didn't so much as over pay, than McFadden underplayed.

Either way, he does make more money than he's earned ;-) I'll concede that.

But, where in the heck is Mario Williams on this list?
Old 09-17-2012   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They are entertainers .... they are all overpaid IMO.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #15
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out the list's reason for Joseph:

Quote:
2012 salary: $9.75 million Terrific last season, but the corner drafted in the first round in 2006 has started a full 16-game season once (2009) and been named All-Pro once (2011).
The fact that he was named all-pro/pro-bowler last season with the Texans speaks to how valuable he is to this team.

I can't exactly remember his injury situation last year, but I don't recall a game that he missed due to injury. Perhaps he sat out in the last game of the season? Still, he played in 15 regular season games last year.

Whoever picked Joseph for the list did so without any context.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #16
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Check out the list's reason for Joseph:

The fact that he was named all-pro/pro-bowler last season with the Texans speaks to how valuable he is to this team.

I can't exactly remember his injury situation last year, but I don't recall a game that he missed due to injury. Perhaps he sat out in the last game of the season? Still, he played in 15 regular season games last year.

Whoever picked Joseph for the list did so without any context.
He would have played 16 games last season if we cared about winning that last game at all. Whoever wrote this article obviously knows nothing about football.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #17
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Forbes released a list titled "NFL's Most Overpaid Players", and I was surprised to see Jonathan Joseph on there.

What you guys think, agree or disagree?

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf4...gallerycontent
I just went to the link and didnt see Joseph on there???

I did however see Owen Daniels but no Joesph or Mcfadden for that matter.
Old 09-17-2012   #18
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
They are entertainers .... they are all overpaid IMO.
They're only overpaid because we, the fans, allow them to be.

I'm a sucker.
Old 09-17-2012   #19
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

It's pretty simple: whoever wrote this did so incompetently or did so as to troll for discussion, and going by this thread it looks like it was successful.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #20
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I just went to the link and didnt see Joseph on there???

I did however see Owen Daniels but no Joesph or Mcfadden for that matter.
Yeah I just clicked the link again and it's completely different. Now it's showing overpaid players from last season.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read