Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2012   #21
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

I wish him the best but a Zebra don't change his stripes. He's probably let go by Baltimore after this season.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I don't wish Jacoby ill - quite the opposite, but in most cases, after five years, you are what you are, and what I think Jacoby is is a borderline starting NFL WR.
I dont wish him ill either .....Until we meet in the playoffs , then I think he owes me a TD ..... going the wrong way for his squad just to make up for the stupidity he pulled in that playoff game - Dont think many of us will forget that epic moment of idiocy.

Jacoby , you owe me.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I think we have better options than JJ, Mario, & Pollard (although I loved Pollard's attitude), but I don't think we upgraded from Vonta or Ryans.

But, no use crying over $hit you have no control over. It is what it is and the free agency era makes it very hard to hold onto multiple playmakers for any extended period.
Not crying, just acknowledging that the vote is still out on our F.O. (for me anyway). Speaking of the three Ravens, former Texans, in particular, none of them were salary cap casualties. We might have saved some money cutting Jacoby, but I don't think that was the main reason we let him go.

LeStar Jean & KMart... are they better than Jacoby? Only time will tell. We may "feel" better with those options, but only time will tell. Another thing, last time we played Baltimore, our pass defense performed pretty well by putting Jjo on the speedy Torrey Smith & Kj on the more physical Anquan Boden. What are when they've got Jjones on the field with Smith?

McCain?? He's giving up a lot of height to Jacoby. I understand that it's plus 1 for us if the Ravens are featuring Jacoby Jones in their game plan against us. Just something to think about.

Glover Quin, is he better than Pollard? I think it's a wash. Quin is better in coverage, but Pollard is a MoFo in the box, he's more aggresive than Quin, but Quin doesn't get stupid penalties that puts us in bad positions.

Vonta Leach, yeah, we blamed it on the cap, but I think we just didn't want to spend that money on a FB. I don't blame them, & I don't think we missed him as much as people like to make out. Casey isn't as good a blocker, neither was Vickers & I doubt Clutts will be either. But the run game hasn't missed a beat. Our issue Sunday went way beyond the FB position.

Letting players go, who turn out to be productive on other teams, is ok as long as you have productive players to take their place.
Old 09-11-2012   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, he's Jacoby Jones.

He'll look great right up until he does something boneheaded. That's just who he is.
Old 09-11-2012   #25
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
a Zebra don't change his stripes.
Unless he's on strike from the league! I went there!

Yeh, Jacoby is a likeable guy but he was never going to develop into something we could rely on. We spent 5 years trying to develop this guy into a second string #1 receiver behind AJ, something which he had all the physical tools to do, and when the time came to call on him last season, he went missing. Again and again I've said it isn't about the muffed punt, its about we had AJ out, and we'd invested 5 years in a guy to come in and make a contribution if that happened, and Jacoby disappeared in the passing game.

I can't help thinking thats partly due to asking him to carry on as a returner when he'd clearly lost what he had at that position, and we had young guys who could have done that job instead, where maybe we should have just got him to focus on the WR position.

Jacoby could (but won't) make the ProBowl this year, I wouldn't feel upset that we let him go, he wasn't going to do it in this setting, and when you look at the young guys we're grooming in his place right now, there's a whole lot of upside, Jean made a hell of a catch in the endzone, shame he coughed it up on the ground or else people would be reviewing the last game in a whole different way, Posey and Martin both flashed their potential in pre-season and there's always Walter there doing the right things in the system so why worry about it?

BTW, a lot of guys wanted Zeitler drafted by the Texans and I saw him getting ruined on the few plays I managed to watch in that game.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #26
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Jacoby , you owe me.
This sums it up nicely for me. I don't have any ill will against him, but he'd better return to form when we meet them in a few games and again, dare I say, in the playoffs!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe letting Jacoby go was a strategic move to get a mole inside the Ravens organization. When the AFC Championship rolls around, he will make a big mistake in our favor and help us win the game! The plan is perfect, it cannot fail!
Old 09-11-2012   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

To be fair I have to admit that in my eyes Jacoby Jones started looking better the moment he stopped wearing a Texans uniform so technically I guess I agree with this thread. Jacoby Jones is looking good.
Old 09-11-2012   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
To be fair I have to admit that in my eyes Jacoby Jones started looking better the moment he stopped wearing a Texans uniform so technically I guess I agree with this thread. Jacoby Jones is looking good.
Ha! I see what you did there.
Old 09-11-2012   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Who? sarcasm intended
Old 09-11-2012   #31
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can honestly see him doing better in Baltimore than in Houston, but that will be more due to the no-huddle offense spreading the ball around. What he does with that opportunity will be boom or bust for the Ravens. He could show his potential to get yards after the catch, or he could drop numerous passes run lousy routes and get the ball intercepted. It will be interesting to watch, and I love watching the Ravens play anyhow.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
She had talked about how she saw him in the club out here recently and what a nut he still was. That was a few months ago though. We all know that JJ has a lot of talent, but the gy is just wet between the ears. He is your typical cat that likes to get ****ed up and party, and play football as well, but I don't see him ever taking his job seriously like he needs to. Plus, he is already past that age where most WR's break out. Sure it happens here and there after 5 years or so with certain guys, but it's pretty rare. I think JJ will be a journeyman at this point.
His high school head coach said basically the same thing in a radio interview. He said JJ was very immature and could never keep his focus on the important things. JJ likes to party and get all the attention that being a pro athlete brings, but lacks the worth ethic to live up to his god-given potential.

It's only a matter of time before the real JJ stands up.
Old 09-17-2012   #33
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

He was called for offensive interference and it cost them this week.

Same dude.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #34
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
He was called for offensive interference and it cost them this week.

Same dude.
Horrible call if you watched the play.

Then again, who cares
Old 09-17-2012   #35
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its just a matter of time before a glaring mistake presents itself.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
3 catches for 46 yards and he's being called a Pro Bowler?

Interesting to say the least.
Kevin Walter puts up those numbers. Why can't he go to the Pro Bowl?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Horrible call if you watched the play.

Then again, who cares
That was the second time he abused Nnamdi Asomugha....
Old 09-17-2012   #38
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That was the second time he abused Nnamdi Asomugha....
Actually the third..... Nnamdi was called for a hold in the end zone that should have been a pass interference and had Baltimore at the 1 yard line. I don't know why Nnamdi was struggling so much with Jacoby yesterday. They actually had him following JJ all over the field.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Actually the third..... Nnamdi was called for a hold in the end zone that should have been a pass interference and had Baltimore at the 1 yard line. I don't know why Nnamdi was struggling so much with Jacoby yesterday. They actually had him following JJ all over the field.
I think it's because Jacoby runs better routes than many give him credit for. I used to watch him from the stands (because of what people were saying here), I don't know if anyone can cover him. He's fast & quick, very athletic & able to change directions on a dime. I honestly don't think anyone can cover him one on one.

Just can't catch. Which is odd, he worked with the QBs before the game & at times on the sideline during the game. Must be a mental thing.
Old 09-17-2012   #40
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think it's because Jacoby runs better routes than many give him credit for. I used to watch him from the stands (because of what people were saying here), I don't know if anyone can cover him. He's fast & quick, very athletic & able to change directions on a dime.

Just can't catch. Which is odd, he worked with the QBs before the game & at times on the sideline during the game. Must be a mental thing.
Having been to practices over the years I can say he can definitely be covered. In one on one drills he would be locked down on many occasions. He has athleticism though, and maybe the light is coming on for him. They've also had Webb returning punts too so maybe its allowed him to focus on the receiver position more.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read