Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012   #701
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. Noon. 9/16. **Official GameDay Thread**

I don't think Gabbert ever got hurt. Mularkey yanked his butt for suckin it up. Here's what Gabbert said in his PC. Basically redirecting all injury questions to the coach.

Quote:
(on his injury) “Coach [Mike] Mularkey already talked about that and it’s just something that we’re going to have to deal with and move on.”

(on if he knows what exactly he injured) “Yeah I don’t know either. Injuries you got to talk to the head coach about it and I’ll leave it at that.”

(on if he will be able to play next week at Indianapolis) “I’m going to do my best to be out there. You guys know me. I’m going to be out there as much as I can.”

(on how he got hurt) “I don’t really remember. Things happen in a football game and you just try to play through it.”

(on if his injury is a strain) “Yeah just like I said you got to talk to Coach Mularkey about the injuries and we’ll go from there.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-beb3f33531c4
Old 09-17-2012   #702
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. Noon. 9/16. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think Gabbert ever got hurt. Mularkey yanked his butt for suckin it up. Here's what Gabbert said in his PC. Basically redirecting all injury questions to the coach.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-beb3f33531c4
I agree, my suspicion is this is a face saving way to give Henne a try out.
Old 09-17-2012   #703
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

With their O line as messed up with injuries as it was yesterday, it wouldn't have mattered who their QB was. You send a bunch of backups against our starting D an you will have problems.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #704
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well we know his pride was hurt
Old 09-17-2012   #705
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its like watching an old Capers era video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonvil...ess-conference

How many times do they say execute? Ouch
Old 09-17-2012   #706
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59253 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Did I just miss it or did the Texans?Jags game not even make it on to NFL Networks Gameday Final show on Sunday night?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #707
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually Mularky fines his players heavily if they disclose injury information, so Gabbert is probably just playing it safe with the answers.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #708
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Did I just miss it or did the Texans?Jags game not even make it on to NFL Networks Gameday Final show on Sunday night?
There was like a 2 minute blurb on it. If you blinked, you missed it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #709
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its like watching an old Capers era video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonvil...ess-conference

How many times do they say execute? Ouch
It was the same thing reading their gameday threads. Talks of turning the game off and doing something productive, this franchise can't do anything right, the few homers thinking there was still a way to win the game, fire the coach/GM, etc. I thought I was TexansTalk circa 2005.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #710
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd qtr 6:45 - u know your special teams tackling is bad when your damm punter has to make the tackle !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #711
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I don't blame NFL Network or ESPN for not showing much of it. As a diehard I was even a little bored watching it.
Old 09-17-2012   #712
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

even the radio said this game will prob not go down in the NFL classic game vault

IDK i hope all are games are like this boring and by the book were our D just shuts down other teams

but we all know this wont happen there will be some epic games this season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #713
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Fwiw [2:25 pm sept 17]
Quote:

update
blaine gabbert expected to play week 3

jacksonville jaguars quarterback blaine gabbert is expect to play in week 3 as the team faces the indianapolis colts, according to head coach mike mularkey.

Gabbert left sunday's game -- a 27-7 loss to the houston texans at home -- with what was called a "strain" of his hamstring, and received a mri following the game. Further test results indicated that gabbert's injury was a little higher up than a "traditional" hamstring injury.

Quote:
john oehser @johnoehser

mularkey said gabbert's injury is more of a glute (butt muscle) than a hamstring. Thinks gabbert will be limited wednesday. #jaguars
17 sep 12
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #714
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Actually Mularky fines his players heavily if they disclose injury information, so Gabbert is probably just playing it safe with the answers.
For those of you who may have missed all the controversy back in July.

Quote:
Around the League / NFL.COM

NFL eyes Mike Mularkey's Jaguars injury gag order

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: July 27, 2012
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #715
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I don't blame NFL Network or ESPN for not showing much of it. As a diehard I was even a little bored watching it.
Understandable.

But a good ole fashioned ass-whooping never gets old for me.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #716
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
This isn't the SEC.

SOS doesn't matter as long as you just get in the playoffs, then anything goes.
I know. My thinking was playing in a tough division better prepares you for the play-offs. But BullNation4Life pretty much shot holes in that theory.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read