Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2012   #21
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

I think there was a certain level of brilliance to Kubiak's gameplan today. He showed screen after screen after screen. You think the Broncos and their 2 edge speed rushers aren't going to be watching that? That's the easiest way to get in their head and slow them down some. I honestly think Kubiak wasn't pushing the ball down the field with an eye on next week's game. We'll still do some in the screen game because they want to fly up the field so fast, but Andre will be unleashed next week. Hopefully Champ and Co. don't exhaust too much energy covering the Falcons beast receivers because he'll see a much better version in #80 next Sunday.

Last edited by Texn4life; 09-16-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I will know more after Manning plays MNF vs Falcons.

Right now, the Denver crowd environment is a challenge for us. The refs, unless it's the regular crew out there, those replacement refs will MELT under the Broncos fans' noise. I noticed last week that the fans were hissing and pissing and moaning and crying for pass interference ANY time a Manning pass was not caught. Apparently, it was never the Colts fans fault for that...it apparently is inherently attached to Manning and his fans think there MUST have been a p.i. if the pass wasn't completed. Because he's just. that. good. Makes me soooo mad. The replacement refs just might fall under the spell, I'm afraid.

Overall, we SHOULD beat them...but it will be close either way. A 10-point game IMO.
Old 09-16-2012   #23
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 140 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

31 - 27

Texans of course.

I reserve the right to edit my post, lets say in about 27 hours...
Old 09-16-2012   #24
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see how the Broncos look tomorrow night. Then I will make a prediction.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #25
DRP
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respectedDRP is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see the Texans come out with a win, 27-24. One thing i can't wait to see is when Watt lays out Manning.
DRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #26
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think there was a certain level of brilliance to Kubiak's gameplan today. He showed screen after screen after screen. You think the Broncos and their 2 edge speed rushers aren't going to be watching that? That's the easiest way to get in their head and slow them down some. I honestly think Kubiak wasn't pushing the ball down the field with an eye on next week's game. We'll still do some in the screen game because they want to fly up the field so fast, but Andre will be unleashed next week. Hopefully Champ and Co. don't exhaust too much energy covering the Falcons beast receivers because he'll see a much better version in #80 next Sunday.
I think there is a lot of truth in this.

I think Kubiak Mitlon Berle'd this one. (throw that out for all the sportsguy fans.)
Old 09-16-2012   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think we lose a really close one in Denver that we would win in Houston.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #28
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

27-17 Texans

Peyton Manning is gonna get ***** slapped by the pass defense. Manning hasn't faced a Barwin or Watt or this defense and they are gonna abuse Denver's O-line...

They barely have a running game so the OLBs will pin their ears back and go after Manning.

Remember, when Peyton starts getting hit, he isn't Peyton anymore and the Texans are gonna hit him all day...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #29
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I want to see how the Broncos look tomorrow night. Then I will make a prediction.
Since you thought the Jags would beat the Texans, are you really expecting the Broncos could possibly look worse than the Jags? Because if they only look as bad as the Jags you kinda have to pick the Broncos.
Old 09-17-2012   #30
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't need to watch tomorrow nights game....

It's Peyton Manning, remember ?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #31
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson has big bounce back game against Elderly Champ Bailey.

Texans 34

Broncos 24
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #32
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a doubt in my mind, the Texans are losing this one.

31 -13

If somehow the Texans win, then I will truly believe this is a Super Bowl team.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #33
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 45, Broncos 20

We finally break the 40-point mark this year

Our defense gives them enough hell. 3-0 for the first time in franchise history.
Old 09-17-2012   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see a nail biter.

Texans - 24
Broncos - 23
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #35
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

The MNF game tomorrow (errrr tonight) won't tell us a thing about Texans-vs-Broncos next week.

After week 1, there was no way the Cowboys would lose to the Seahawks, no way the Patriots would lose to the freaking Cardinals at home, no way the latest GOAT QB RG3 would lose to the lowly Rams.

On any given Sunday, any NFL team can beat the crap out of any other. The cliche is true!
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #36
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys crack me up. Manning has. Never faced a playoff calibre Texans team. You cannot compare this team we have now to the teams Manning would dominate single handed.

24-17 Texans
Old 09-17-2012   #37
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
The MNF game tomorrow (errrr tonight) won't tell us a thing about Texans-vs-Broncos next week.

After week 1, there was no way the Cowboys would lose to the Seahawks, no way the Patriots would lose to the freaking Cardinals at home, no way the latest GOAT QB RG3 would lose to the lowly Rams.

On any given Sunday, any NFL team can beat the crap out of any other. The cliche is true!
I see what you're trying to say, but many picked the Seahawks over the Cowboys as the upset of the week (Dallas read their press clippings), St. Louis played a good game against Detroit in Detroit in week one. After two weeks, you can start collecting more data.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #38
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18240 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

23-20 Texans win.

We run, run, and run the ball some more. Manning is kept off the field. The most important aspect of the game is Kubiak learned that we have to run the ball on Manning (I hope.)

Remember when Arian had that breakout game against the Colts, and the second game Kubes decided to pass more than run and we lost that game? It was a "fire kubiak" and "poor game planning" week. Just as long as we run the ball with Tate and Foster we will be in a winning position.

If we get fancy and try to be a passing team we lose. We have to be a smash mouth in your face on both sides of the ball. Our defense will shake up Manning too by knocking him around. This isn't your 8-8 Texans.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #39
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I see a nail biter.
Me too , last team to score wins.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #40
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

5200 feet and Peyton Manning, not this weekend.

Broncos 31
Texans 21
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read