Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2012   #21
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen

Guys got hands like Lawrence Vickers.
Old 09-16-2012   #22
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the problem with holliday? I like his potential. He's not jacoby. Let it go.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #23
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
What's the problem with holliday? I like his potential. He's not jacoby. Let it go.
He had 2 muffed punts, but both of those were debatable. The first one happened right after it had started raining in the 2Q. Normally he should catch that, but since it was raining, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

The second one wasn't even his fault. The ball hit Glover Quinn's helmet. I

I liked what I saw out of him, I think he will run a couple back soon. Just be patient.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #24
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Lol the punter was +25 yards either way 40 yard punt of a 60+ yard punt, running, tracking, and catching a ball over your shoulder while raining. I'll give him a pass, the other one was a bit miscommunication it happens, all he has to do is run one or two back and teams will start to focus on punting away from him.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #25
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously? OK y'all want a return every time or a knee down every time. It is special teams, it is suppose to make the game exciting. He did his part wtf else do you want?
Old 09-16-2012   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO there are two types of return men. One who secures ball and position. He is a "safe"; minimal risk, minimal gain. The other is a Holliday type, one that hesitates almost too long in the end zone searching for a weakness in the blanket coming at him. A risk taker who if successful, causes the fan base to go volcano, erupting in hot screams, cheers and "can you believe what he just did?" and high fives. I lean towards the latter but with some common sense thrown in.

Trindon will mature into the role as this is his truly freshman season. His role is magnified because bottom line, he decides what to do once ball is in air rather like a QB audibling out of a coaches call. Coaching and experience will get him to where he needs to be. All eyes are on him each time he is on field and no other position can say that. Even kickers and punters have fans watching the blockers.
Old 09-16-2012   #27
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs to have a good game in Denver - like almost returning one for a TD or getting a TD good. Or he will be in danger of getting released before the 6th week IMHO. which with his bad performances he won't be scooped up as quickly as we have feared after a awesome preseason performance. Just goes to show you preseason is just that - preseason.

Also, if the Holliday can't shake his nerves in the regular season how is he going to do it in the playoffs? Makes me have flashbacks of Jacoby in the Ravens game. The guy needs to step it up by the next two games
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #28
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
He needs to have a good game in Denver - like almost returning one for a TD or getting a TD good. Or he will be in danger of getting released before the 6th week IMHO. which with his bad performances he won't be scooped up as quickly as we have feared after a awesome preseason performance. Just goes to show you preseason is just that - preseason.

Also, if the Holliday can't shake his nerves in the regular season how is he going to do it in the playoffs? Makes me have flashbacks of Jacoby in the Ravens game. The guy needs to step it up by the next two games
he was fine today, do you expect a TD each and every time he touches it? Even Hester, the greatest returner of ALL TIME does not do that, be realistic man
Old 09-16-2012   #29
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
he was fine today, do you expect a TD each and every time he touches it? Even Hester, the greatest returner of ALL TIME does not do that, be realistic man
Read my post again. I said
Quote:
He needs to have a good game in Denver - like almost returning one for a TD or getting a TD
I don't where you got that I said he had to return it every game unless you didn't read my post.

The point of post is Holliday needs to have a good game or his job is becoming more in jeporady. I think anyone could agree with that.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't like the muff today. But what was almost inexcusable was not warning Quin off when the ball was coming right down on top of him. It's Trindon's job to get Quin out of the way on that.

OTOH, he had a really nice return to set up that first TD. We needed that spark.

I had hoped we'd gotten rid of this insanity with Jacoby's departure. But I've got to give Trindon a bit more time. Hopefully he'll figure it all out. Lord knows, Coach Joe is going to give him an earful all week.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #31
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I had hoped we'd gotten rid of this insanity with Jacoby's departure. But I've got to give Trindon a bit more time. Hopefully he'll figure it all out. Lord knows, Coach Joe is going to give him an earful all week.
That's about the way I feel about it. It's cool that we've got a guy who can take it to the house on any given return. I just don't think the potential reward is equal to the potential risk.

The dude's judgment is seriously questionable. In the first two games this season I've seen him take at least a couple of kickoffs out of the end zone from the very back of the end zone. Last week he brought one out to the 10 yard line and I screamed that he should be waived immediately. Today he brought one back to the 21, but he just barely escaped a tackle at the 10 in the process. It was a thirty yard return that netted just barely more than what would have been gained by taking a knee in the end zone.

This is Jacoby Jones crap all over again. Perhaps I worry too much, but I'm happy to see the overwhelming sentiment in this thread is with me.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #32
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

TF your definitely not the only one. I hold my breath every time Trindon catches the ball as well but I honestly think it's a learned reflex action from when Jacoby was here and will take some time to go away. I think the best thing for Trindon right now is to keep running him out there so that he can get comfortable being out there and fielding lots of kicks/punts in practice during the week. I think the first time he costs us a game Kubiak will cut him. In the mean time lets all say a little prayer for Trindon and hope that he gets better soon.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as he doesn't fumble, I don't really mind him taking it out of the deep end-zone, because, you never know, he might bust one for a TD; but, he drops the ball upon trying to catch it way too much. So far, it hasn't resulted in turnovers, but that worries me.

He's only had one impressive return so far also (regular season), but I have to believe that he will have more.

Dude's gotta start catching the ball cleanly & consistently.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #34
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some of you worry too much, and Jacoby Jones has infected your brains.

Here we have a guy who has the speed to take it to the house every time he gets the ball, yet you want to dwell on the negative?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #35
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

On a different note, how many punt returners have not made mistakes or taken risks? That is the nature of special teams. Like another poster stated, it brings excitement to the game.

If you guys are already comparing Trindon to Jones... I do not know how to make you feel better. Jacoby was a whole different level of freakishly nerve racking. From the way he walked around before punts to his long and skinny build. LITERALLY everything about Jacoby made me nervous when he would go back for returns.
Old 09-17-2012   #36
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I've watched a punt return in my whole lid not thinking something will go wrong.
Old 09-17-2012   #37
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I've watched a punt return in my whole lid not thinking something will go wrong.
Exactly!!!
Old 09-17-2012   #38
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Save the muff, which he should've known better than to go for....I thought he had a decent day. As far as special teams go, I'm entirely more concerned with the amount of back blocking going on.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #39
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

13 punts yesterday, 2 kickoff returns. 1 muff, 1 questionable decision (Quin head)

Code:
Return Yards 		135 	 
Punt Returns-Yards 	6-77 	 
Punt Return TDs 	0 	 
Kick Returns-Yards 	2-58
Given the number of times he was the field, I think he had a good day.
Old 09-17-2012   #40
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

13 yards per punt return, good for 8th in the NFL. I'm satisfied.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read