Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2005   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Second Half

I may be a little optomistic here, but looking at the Texans second half schedule, 7-9 isn't out of the question. Two tough games against Indy and KC, but after that, the rest are very winable. What this would accomplish, I'm not sure. Maybe save Capers job, but who wants that?
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Our games up to now have been very winable. It is not the opponents it is us Jay. we are not a very good team right now. yeah we can handle Arizona, KC, Tenn.,Jax at our place, SF, and maybe Baltimore, but pass that we may not be looking at any wins. St. Lou, Indy, and KC are going to be tough and right in the hunt as well as Jax so they will be playing for something and will not want to deal with the shame of being beat by us.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Coach C. The Texans are their own worst enemy right now. As soon as they get any momentum, they shoot themselves in the foot with a series of costly penalties, a turnover, or just failure to execute.

If the team from the last two weeks had been playing the first six games, I'd venture to say that we'd have 2-3 more wins.

Looking at our next 8 games, I think we can beat the Cardinals and 49ers without any doubts. We still have to pay solid games, but these are definitely winnable games.

The Colts and Chiefs are going to be tough, no doubt about it.

So we're 2-2 with the above predictions (realistically), and still have the Jaguars, Titans, Ravens, and Rams.

I think we can beat the Jags at Reliant. And I think we can beat the Titans, even in their crib. But being a division rival and trying to avenge the loss earlier this season, it's possible. Let's say we split. 1-1

Now the Ravens and Rams; Our defense will need to step up in both games, especially against the Ravens. Anytime you go against Ray Lewis, protecting the QB has to be a priority. And with our current track record, that'll be a tall order. The Rams could eat our lunch with our soft cover 2 and weak secondary (throwing away from D.Rob), so it's another split...1-1.

So I predict 4-4 over the next 8 games to bring us to a 5-11 team. Not where I thought we'd be, but better than the 1-7 position we're in right now.
Old 11-08-2005   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 224375 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

DB,

Given the scenario you've outlined above, I'll go one better and say 6-10. I think the Ravens are very beatable this year. Their offense is as abysmal as ours, perhaps even worse at times. And the stalwart Ravens defense has been a little more ordinary this year. One big play could win that game.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #5
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
DB,

Given the scenario you've outlined above, I'll go one better and say 6-10. I think the Ravens are very beatable this year. Their offense is as abysmal as ours, perhaps even worse at times. And the stalwart Ravens defense has been a little more ordinary this year. One big play could win that game.
Maybe that's what will justify the season, I mean, season 1: 4-12, season 2: 5-11, season 3: 7-9, season 4: 6-10?. That's the last record we need, then next year we'll have a winning record!!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Indianapolis-L We were slaughtered there last year and they are better this year and we are worse.

Kansas City-L Too much offense for us. It will be nice to see DJ though.

St. Louis-L Again, too much offense. This is the most winnable of the first 3remaining games but they have too much speed at wr and now Stephen Jackson is coming on strong.

Baltimore-L I don't think if Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are healthy that we will win on their home turf. We will turn the ball over at critical times.

Tennessee-L Titans sweep us this year.

Arizona-W Surely we can win this one

Jacksonville-W Revenge. We sort of have their number.

San Francisco-L It is in San Fran. They are as good as us and will be better by the last game.

Season record 3-13 and a top 5 pick
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

We can pick up five more wins this season. 6-10. We haven't had a team yet that has overlooked us, and it won't happen against Indy, who are streaking, so I think we have a better chance against the Ravens, Rams, and Chiefs than we think.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2005   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Indianapolis-L We were slaughtered there last year and they are better this year and we are worse.

Kansas City-L Too much offense for us. It will be nice to see DJ though.

St. Louis-L Again, too much offense. This is the most winnable of the first 3remaining games but they have too much speed at wr and now Stephen Jackson is coming on strong.

Baltimore-L I don't think if Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are healthy that we will win on their home turf. We will turn the ball over at critical times.

Tennessee-L Titans sweep us this year.

Arizona-W Surely we can win this one

Jacksonville-W Revenge. We sort of have their number.

San Francisco-L It is in San Fran. They are as good as us and will be better by the last game.

Season record 3-13 and a top 5 pick
i feel we will lose to jacksonville but beat san fran.

and im still predicting a 4-12 record somehow.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read