Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which players will you focus on VS Jags?

Caldwell & Newton & Martin on offense and Cody & KJ & James on defense
Old 09-15-2012   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which players will you focus on VS Jags?

I almost always focus on the lines.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Jean, after last weeks near TD. I want to see another deep pass to him.
Old 09-15-2012   #4
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Cody, Cush & James!

If the Jags have any kind of chance, MJD will have to run up the middle and gain 4-5 yards a pop all game long. If they can control the clock like this, keep our offense on the sidelines, they have a decent chance at an upset.

So I'll be watching the guys in the middle, to see if they cleaned up what was going wrong from the Miami game.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to be looking at Foster. I don't think he looks as good as he did last season. It may be due to the O-line issues, but I just don't think he's looked the same from the start of preseason until now. It's still early in the season though, so he has time to hit his stride.

Also, I'll be looking at the O-line run blocking & Bradie James. I want James to show me something that says he's bringing something to the table on the D & not just being another body.

Lastly, I want to see Trindon have the same impact he had when the games didn't count.
Old 09-15-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Jean, after last weeks near TD. I want to see another deep pass to him.
good choice
Old 09-16-2012   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt/Mitchell/KJ
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2012   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

OLine for the run game.

OLB for some pressure on Gabbert.
Old 09-16-2012   #9
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be focusing on our safeties........ i think they will have opportunities to make some plays today. Either Manning or GQ will get a pick. I'm calling it now.

Last edited by Texn4life; 09-16-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #10
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

I would watch the.stands for fights.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #11
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags definitely took note of the troubles we showed against Miami's run game.

That entire front 7 is going to be key to a win in Jacksonville.

On offense, it'll be a longshot, but I'd like to see Posey activated.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

MJD vs. our run D.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I almost always focus on the lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
MJD vs. our run D.
This would be me.
Old 09-16-2012   #14
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be focusing on the broadcast and whatever players are spotlighted there. I have no interest in watching only the left tackle.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I'll be focusing on the broadcast and whatever players are spotlighted there. I have no interest in watching only the left tackle.
You're a right tackle kind of guy, I guess.
Old 09-16-2012   #16
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Wrong. Long snapper. I'll be focusing intently on the long snapper.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Wrong. Long snapper. I'll be focusing intently on the long snapper.
Just a joke, lighten up maybe?

Long snapper suits you.
Old 09-16-2012   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'll obviously be watching the O and D, but, today I wanna see who's really contributing on STs. Holliday needs a "hole" and our punter needs improvement. Maybe it's that "Jones" factor that scares me! I cringe everytime he touches the ball.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, I'll obviously be watching the O and D, but, today I wanna see who's really contributing on STs. Holliday needs a "hole" and our punter needs improvement. Maybe it's that "Jones" factor that scares me! I cringe everytime he touches the ball.
Our kickoff game. Our kicker(s) thoughout the PS and last week could not seem to manage to get the ball into the back or out of the EZ. The furthest it carried when it even got into the EZ was a couple yds into the EZ. The other kickers I watched last week (including Miami's) seemed to routinely get it into the back or out of the EZ. Please don't tell me that our kicker has been instructed to kick shallow because our coverage has been so great to drop the returner deep inside their 20...........because coverage has been pathetic. So what's really going on? A Marciano or Kubiak dictum? A new mysterious groin injury? Or simply a kicker that can't consistently get the ball deep enough on kickoffs........or longer FGs?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Back-side of the run play on the O-line. Only cut-back I saw last week was not really a cut-"back," it was a cut-"straight-up-the-middle" on Foster's 14 yd. TD. What I'm referring to is the new rule regarding cut-blocks, because I think it's hurting our running game. I don't even remember any cut-backs to the left on running plays called to the right, which really tells me something. If Duane Brown isn't putting guys on the ground, then nobody is going to without breaking the new rule and I think it's a ZB scheme killer.

PS-cheerleaders. I like to focus on that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read