Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2012   #21
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Antonio Smith Fined

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Unfortunately, if you look at the video replay carefully, Incognito's explanation to the 2 arm resistance to hold Smith from recovering the fumble seems to prove true.
Watch the video again. I am tring to figure out how the pos was even able to see the ball until after he had his leg and holding on already...he then looked up and then went back to super clinch mode.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Smith has been knownto get a flag or two & when I started reading I thought great we complain about dirty player but it is our guy. Then I watch video about 8 times and I cannot blame Smith. Iggie held on way too long & should have earned flag for holding. I'd have kicked the dog mess out of him also.
We needed his dirty on that defense. Before he got here they played too damn nice.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

IF he was twisting his ankle Antonio is justified in kicking him and trying to get the guy off his leg.

The telling thing to me is that the indigo guy didn't say anything about the incident until Antonio did.

If I'm making a clean play and a guy kicks me in the head for no reason I'd probably be the first to bring that up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
IF he was twisting his ankle Antonio is justified in kicking him and trying to get the guy off his leg.

The telling thing to me is that the indigo guy didn't say anything about the incident until Antonio did.

If I'm making a clean play and a guy kicks me in the head for no reason I'd probably be the first to bring that up.
exactomundo!
Old 09-14-2012   #25
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

See, I have a problem with this, and that player that jumped on J Jones back last year in the playoffs. There's a difference between blocking a player from a play, and engaging in light Judo. If there can be defensive and offensive holding, nobody should ever be able to hold someone unless they are making a play on the ball carrier without a penalty. If someone grabbed my leg and it felt awkward I'd probably try to kick them off of me too...
Old 09-14-2012   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Watch the video again. I am tring to figure out how the pos was even able to see the ball until after he had his leg and holding on already...he then looked up and then went back to super clinch mode.
I did, and I agree. I said as much in Texans Chick's thread in Tailgate section.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

After that kick in the head, he just wasn't thinking so straight.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #28
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quotes from Friday's practice.
DE Antonio Smith

(on if he’s been fined) “I just want them to take a good look at it because you know if you going strictly by the rule book, me kicking him was breaking the rules, but I want them to look at the reason why I was kicking him, trying to get him off my ankle. You see on the film, the moment my ankle came free, I stopped. I was just trying to get my ankle free from him mauling it.”

(on how disappointed he is to get fined) “It’s very disappointing whenever you lose money. Nobody wants to lose no money especially $21,000. That could be going in my daughter or my son’s trust funds or something. That’s a pretty penny, nobody would like to get that kind of money especially when I feel like I was defending myself.”
Old 09-15-2012   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just kick 'im harder next time.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #30
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Hey, I made a gif of this play last night! I love Thomas' reaction to the hit. It's like he ran into a brick wall.
Why would you love that reaction? He took a helmet to the head and looked to be knocked out, as evidenced by his right leg buckling much like a boxer getting his lights turned out, not to mention him immediately letting go of the ball even though Quin never hit the ball. It was a clean hit by Quin, within the rules, but you love watching players sustain head injuries? To each their own, I guess?
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #31
mirage
Texans Fan!

Rep Power: 0 mirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respectedmirage is a quality contributor and well respected

UPDATE: Antonio Smith fine reduced to $11,000.

Quote:
HOUSTON — The NFL has reduced its fine on Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith for kicking Miami’s Richie Incognito to $11,000.

Smith was initially fined $21,000 by the league for kicking the Dolphins guard. Smith appealed, saying he was retaliating to Incognito’s stepping on his right ankle during the season opener. He missed two practices the following week with soreness in the ankle.

Incognito wasn’t fined. Smith showed off a letter from the league on Thursday, saying the NFL was trimming the fine.

The Texans (10-1) play at Tennessee (4-7) on Sunday.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Incognito's explanation makes sense...this happens all the time when the ball pops out. Smith doesn't have a squeaky clean reputation either.
BS is what it is. Incog's already going for Smiths ankle before the ball was even fumbled. In fact his back was to the ball anyway so there is know way he even knew there was a fumble.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read