Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2012   #81
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I like that. Kinda gave me a chub.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #82
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it's always about injuries. we have a great roster, with a ton of depth and exceptional talent at each level - schaub, andre, foster, d-bo, watt, cush, joseph, manning. with a full roster it would be a great game between the texans and the top 4 or 5 teams. if those guys stay healthy and ray rice goes down, or brady or rodgers ... we look like locks. if the reverse is true, we're going to need a lot of luck.

look at the giants. the deeper you get into the playoffs, the more outcomes are determined by defense. they got their d-line healthy at just the right time last season, along with being relatively healthy overall, and it was enough to get them a ring.

yes, i think we do have a super bowl team ... if we can stay healthy, or at least get healthy at the right time.
Old 09-14-2012   #83
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
it's always about injuries. we have a great roster, with a ton of depth and exceptional talent at each level - schaub, andre, foster, d-bo, watt, cush, joseph, manning. with a full roster it would be a great game between the texans and the top 4 or 5 teams. if those guys stay healthy and ray rice goes down, or brady or rodgers ... we look like locks. if the reverse is true, we're going to need a lot of luck.

look at the giants. the deeper you get into the playoffs, the more outcomes are determined by defense. they got their d-line healthy at just the right time last season, along with being relatively healthy overall, and it was enough to get them a ring.

yes, i think we do have a super bowl team ... if we can stay healthy, or at least get healthy at the right time.
Less logic and more Homerism please
Old 09-14-2012   #84
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?
We really can't answer this question without hindsight.

But, we certainly have a team that has the potential to be a Super Bowl team!
Old 09-14-2012   #85
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

If Texans can stay healthy, then yes

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #86
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I have heard of this thing called a Super Bowl. I can't decide if it's a big bowl of cereal, or just something I'm not familiar with.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #87
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I have heard of this thing called a Super Bowl. I can't decide if it's a big bowl of cereal, or just something I'm not familiar with.
I figured it was a toilet that takes everything away with the first flush.
Old 09-14-2012   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I figured it was a toilet that takes everything away with the first flush.
I thought it was a toilet/bedet hybrid.........

Old 09-14-2012   #89
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Super bowl of some other stuff...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #90
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Sorry, no. Show me a team roster.
Old 10-02-2012   #91
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you like me now?

Should be 5-0 after Jets.
Old 10-03-2012   #92
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Less logic and more Homerism please
Sorry . . . If we can stay healthy ....

If we can stay healthy . . . If we can stay healthy . . .

Repeat those words over, and over, and over again.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #93
guichows6
Rookie

We WILL stay healthy!
guichows6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #94
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

How things change. We are actually talking about if we are SB team or not?
Wow, I love it! Texans all the way baby!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #95
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichows6 View Post
We WILL stay healthy!
Mods please delete this post.. For the sake of Andre's legs, Foster's knees, and Schaub's entire body.. delete this post.

Remember "the thread" that was started last season and then guys started dropping like flies? If you're a Texans fan it's like being a baseball player watching your pitcher take a perfect game into the bottom of the 6th inning. Everybody already knows the guy has a no-no going, but NO ONE talks about it!
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #96
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Mods please delete this post.. For the sake of Andre's legs, Foster's knees, and Schaub's entire body.. delete this post.

Remember "the thread" that was started last season and then guys started dropping like flies? If you're a Texans fan it's like being a baseball player watching your pitcher take a perfect game into the bottom of the 6th inning. Everybody already knows the guy has a no-no going, but NO ONE talks about it!
Actually, this whole thread needs to be deleted. But it's funny there's some homers around here who don't believe in karma or jinxes.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #97
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I hear people say that, but we will never know.

As for this season, I don't think that this team is near as close to Super Bowl quality as people think. The good thing is that they will have their chance to prove themselves on the field.

As for the next couple of weeks, I think that there is a good chance that we will be 1-2 after the Broncos game.

Im not sure how many 3 Int games Schaub has had in his career but it would be safe to wager that he wouldnt of had one in Baltimore. The offense was scoring 10+ more points a game with Schaub than Yates. We dont know because Matt was sitting out but its pretty clear to most that we would have been a lot better off with Schaub
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #98
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Actually, this whole thread needs to be deleted. But it's funny there's some homers around here who don't believe in karma or jinxes.

Im not sure its funny that some homers dont believe in karma or jinxes. I think its funnier that some homers believe that anything we do on the board would impact the game.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #99
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im not sure its funny that some homers dont believe in karma or jinxes. I think its funnier that some homers believe that anything we do on the board would impact the game.
Oh it matters

Infact I think if they win the Chip, we should all be fitted for a ring. God knows I've paid my dues over the last ten seasons, I have the scarring on my liver to prove it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #100
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I do believe this team could lose, or have injuries and then lose a lot, but I don't believe in jinxes and I don't believe that what I say on a message board is going to have any effect at all on any NFL game.

I do also believe that the Houston Texans are the best team in the NFL right now, and that could change in a hurry, but I'm still going to enjoy it for now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read