Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-09-2012   #41
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football 2012 - The Steel Blue League

OK, I admit I know nothing about IDP and have never played in a league with it before. 3 of my 4 IDP guys scored 0 points today. I thought tackles were supposed to give 1 point each in standard IDP, but I guess not. It seems like the defensive guys are really lame in this system. 9 of the top 10 IDP scorers this week aren't even on anyone's roster. Just seems weird to me, so what exactly do you normally look for in an IDP player?
Old 09-09-2012   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't run a standard IDP and you should have read the scoring system the second you saw that we aren't playing a conventional roster. It's just too easy to find guys making tons of tackles - with too many teams inflating tackle numbers, yada, yada, yada...

Our scoring system revolves around sacks, int's, turnovers - It's more geared to big plays or game changing plays. Tackles are too easy a stat to manipulate and its just too easy to just dial up an eight to ten tackle player any given week on a whim. If you just use a tackle-centered scoring system everybody in the league gets 8 automatic points. All you have to do is sort by tackle and bam...slot any number or players. If you read the scoring system you would only really play sackmasters and guys you project to have int's. Someone starting Von Miller or DeMarcus Ware (for example) had a big day yesterday.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #43
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I picked up Clay Matthews on the wire this week and he got my 14. His stat line according to the FF league was 3.5 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 tackles and 4 assists. How that translates into 14 points, I don't know, but I'll take it! Should be 10 by my count.

Anyways, I wish I hadn't drafted the IDP guys early, they seem to be a crapshoot and the waiver wire is very deep. Now I know better for next year.
Old 09-14-2012   #44
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well, I picked up Clay Matthews on the wire this week and he got my 14. His stat line according to the FF league was 3.5 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 tackles and 4 assists. How that translates into 14 points, I don't know, but I'll take it! Should be 10 by my count.

Anyways, I wish I hadn't drafted the IDP guys early, they seem to be a crapshoot and the waiver wire is very deep. Now I know better for next year.
I thought about getting him, but he just seems too douchy for me. Just can't bring myself to like him.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #45
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

3.5 sacks * 2 pts per sack = 7 pts
3 TFL * 1 pt per TFL = 3 pts
2+ sacks bonus = 4 pts

7 + 3 + 4 = 14
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #46
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
3.5 sacks * 2 pts per sack = 7 pts
3 TFL * 1 pt per TFL = 3 pts
2+ sacks bonus = 4 pts

7 + 3 + 4 = 14
Ah, I missed the sack bonus stat, thought there were fractional points being given somewhere. Makes sense then, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
I thought about getting him, but he just seems too douchy for me. Just can't bring myself to like him.
I'd rather have a "douchey" player on my roster and be 2-0, than 0-2 for any reason. Hell I even have a Cowboy on my team, and I like seeing them lose.

Looks like I will be 2-0 after tonight, so Monkeyloaf better bring his A-game next week, or else he will become The Loser Store's best seller! Ha!
Old 09-17-2012   #47
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I need to stick with one pay league a year. I had to cheer for Reggie Bush, and tonight I'll be hoping Demaryius Thomas goes crazy again.
Old 09-20-2012   #48
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks like I will be 2-0 after tonight, so Monkeyloaf better bring his A-game next week, or else he will become The Loser Store's best seller! Ha!
Both of my starting RBs are injured, so you may just luck out. I need a monster game from Megatron.
Old 09-24-2012   #49
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Well, I'm in a bit of a hole, down 32 going into tonight with Lynch, Nelson and CM3 left to go. I'm not expecting Matthews to get 3 sacks again, but I hope he gets a few points. Should be a good game, I will definitely be watching it closely!

I'm down in 3 of my 4 leagues right now, but I have Rodgers and others in those other two. If Rodgers can get it to Nelson a few times for some good yards, I might pull off another 4-0 week! Andre Brown really saved my ass this week, as I put him in place of Fred Jackson in a few leagues. I'm hoping Bradshaw stays out just long enough for Fjax to get back in action!
Old 09-24-2012   #50
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

in a scheduling quirk I matched up vs Pollardized in two leagues yesterday. Not gonna brag but....Double Bazinga to you I guess.

Old 10-01-2012   #51
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Just my luck this year, I have the best game of the entire league to date, and I played a guy who didn't even update his lineup. Lame.
Old 10-01-2012   #52
majestrate
Veteran

Quote:
Just my luck this year, I have the best game of the entire league to date, and I played a guy who didn't even update his lineup. Lame.
So what if he had, he would've possibly broken 100 pts if he'd gotten a different kicker, put Little in for Andre, and Finley in for Miller.

It's not like you didn't earn your win either way.
Old 10-01-2012   #53
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Brutal loss to Vinny this week. I lost by less than a point.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #54
Vinny
shiny happy fan

hooz yer daddy

Old 10-01-2012   #55
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
hooz yer daddy
Your mine next time.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Brutal loss to Vinny this week. I lost by less than a point.
Wait for stat corrections on Wednesday, you might win afterall. Happened to me once last year, and was the deciding factor in playoff seeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
So what if he had, he would've possibly broken 100 pts if he'd gotten a different kicker, put Little in for Andre, and Finley in for Miller.

It's not like you didn't earn your win either way.
Yeah, but beating someone that's not even trying it's a pretty empty win. I like rooting for my guys while they are playing, but when I'm up by 60 after the early games, it's kinda lame. I run a FF league, and I kicked a guy out this year because he didn't manage his team after I asked him to do so several times during the year. It kind of ruins the sport of it when one team only tried part of the time, and it could possibly cause a change in the playoff seeding because of a game here or there. I just think it's more fun when people try, even if they are out of the playoff picture.
Old 10-03-2012   #57
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Looks like it's time to end Vinny's 4 win streak. His team is projected to get 103.4 points this week, but for some unknown reason MJD is projected to get 32 of those points. Somehow I don't think that will happen. I set the league's high score last week with 166 points, so watch out, you're about to get trampled by The Jerk Store!
Old 10-04-2012   #58
majestrate
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, but beating someone that's not even trying it's a pretty empty win. I like rooting for my guys while they are playing, but when I'm up by 60 after the early games, it's kinda lame. I run a FF league, and I kicked a guy out this year because he didn't manage his team after I asked him to do so several times during the year. It kind of ruins the sport of it when one team only tried part of the time, and it could possibly cause a change in the playoff seeding because of a game here or there. I just think it's more fun when people try, even if they are out of the playoff picture.
I get what you're saying, unless something comes up and I'm not able to manage my teams, I will at least make sure I don't have any bye players sitting in my active roster (or injured players).

I think this was a special case instance, otherwise, I'd be completely on your side. Not that it really matters what side I fall on :P
Old 10-04-2012   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Looks like it's time to end Vinny's 4 win streak. His team is projected to get 103.4 points this week, but for some unknown reason MJD is projected to get 32 of those points. Somehow I don't think that will happen. I set the league's high score last week with 166 points, so watch out, you're about to get trampled by The Jerk Store!
Jerks vs Jerks - epic battle this weekend. they always underestimate my crew. Yer in for a dogfight!

Old 10-07-2012   #60
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Jerks vs Jerks - epic battle this weekend. they always underestimate my crew. Yer in for a dogfight!
Hey! The zoo called, they said you have to be back by six!

I'm down by 12 with Brees and Graham going, and waiting until tomorrow for OD and the Texans DST. No way do I lose this game, no way!
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read