Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2005   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Thumbs up A lot of football left, still good amount to proove

Okay, we're 1-7. Tough break, we're having our first true loosing streak. It happens. I do like our football team right now. We physically and emotionally fight hard each game for our coaches, and refuse to quit. That will pay dividends in the future.

We still have half the season left (8 games). We need to dust oursleves off a little, and continue to improve, starting this Sunday in Indy. With Andre Johnson back, it opens our offense alot. Croey Bradoford is also stepping up. Jerome Mathis / Domanick Davis will also soon return, giving us a good punch.

In terms of defense, they are motivated and force turnovers. We just need a few bigger plays in certain areas. Thats all.

Fans: Cheer us through the bad times, and I promise it will magnitude the good times. Don't give up on us.

Go Texans, continue to fight
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #2
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Please, Please go to Indy and kick the ever-loving crap out of them.
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #3
Evans Fan
Rookie

Hey don't hate indy cuz they wooped your team and if the texans can't beat the bills or the jags how will the beat the COLTS?
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #4
kenneth24
Veteran

am I the only one who finds it weird that Indy kicks the Texans butt everytime, but we are pretty much even with the Jags heads up and the Jags are pretty much even with Indy heads up? :brickwall
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #5
Evans Fan
Rookie

yeah it's weird but with manning not so weird
Old 11-07-2005   #6
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24
am I the only one who finds it weird that Indy kicks the Texans butt everytime, but we are pretty much even with the Jags heads up and the Jags are pretty much even with Indy heads up? :brickwall
I think it might come down to that notion that the Jags "play to their competition", whatever that BS means.
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #7
Evans Fan
Rookie

that jsut bs
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2005   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
di you think if we offer them our 2nd round pick they would take bradford off our hands? come to think of it, i think a reciver who is fast but runs crappy routes and has NO HANDS would fit right in with the jags (see williams, jones, etc...)

sorry, couldnt resist...
Old 11-07-2005   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Fan
Hey don't hate indy cuz they wooped your team and if the texans can't beat the bills or the jags how will the beat the COLTS?
since when is beating someone by less than a TD at home when you are heavily favored considered a wooping?

Oh and i have the answer to your question:
OUR OFFENSE IS UNSTOPABLE!!!! (insert mechanical laughter)

not really, maybe just extreame amounts of luck?
Old 11-08-2005   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hahahaha FIRST losing streak? Are you insane? We have had losing streaks every single year since our inception. We had to go 3 seaons to get our first 2 game winning streak.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #11
outofhnd
All Pro

This is our first regression year is what I think he meant to say.

I think With Riley and Wiegart out our blocking has actually improved... 2 sacks at Jacksonville were the result of Carr just waiting or sliding down behind the line of scrimmage.

with AJ Our offense really seems to click.

Bradford just needs to give way to Jerome Mathis... atleast he can catch passes on the fly route.
Old 11-08-2005   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

the only thing I want us to prove this season is that we need new coaches and the #1 pick. Cause that is the only thing that is gonna jump start this team into contension.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
After seeing what they did to NE last night I think chances are... slim. BUT, what the heck, go moo!!
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
After seeing what they did to NE last night I think chances are... slim. BUT, what the heck, go moo!!
Actually, that may work in our favor IMO. They expended a LOT of energy and emotion in that game, have a short week and an opponet (us) that they will likely overlook. I am going out on a very narrow and weak branch and say that we win this one. We SEEM to have started to play better and may catch them not looking.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Also despite the score last game we played Indy really good. After a tough monday night game we could pull the ultimate upset.... Ok im not real confident in this statement but whatever.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby
Okay, we're 1-7. Tough break, we're having our first true loosing streak. It happens. I do like our football team right now. We physically and emotionally fight hard each game for our coaches, and refuse to quit. That will pay dividends in the future.

We still have half the season left (8 games). We need to dust oursleves off a little, and continue to improve, starting this Sunday in Indy. With Andre Johnson back, it opens our offense alot. Croey Bradoford is also stepping up. Jerome Mathis / Domanick Davis will also soon return, giving us a good punch.
Props to you for a positive attitude!

But...did you happen to see the 8-0 Colts on MNF last night?

Seriously, I hope we win before every game. But realistically...did you see the Colts last night?!

Honestly, it is a little delusional to think the 1-7 Texans will beat the 8-0 Colts. Nothing wrong with hoping it will happen, but realistically, with the Colts probably being the best team in the NFL right now, and the Texans at the bottom of the NFL's dung pile, I'm not going into blind homer mode and buying into the "any given Sunday" concept....not this week.
Old 11-08-2005   #17
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I love my Texans, but that Payton is so much fun to watch. What a machine he is! Sorry David, I love you too!
Old 11-08-2005   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'd all like to see the Texans win this Sunday but I agree with Double Barrel...you watch the Colts last night and they rolled over a team they couldn't beat in past years.

Peyton is light years ahead of Carr....the Colts O line dominates...and with James picking his spots it will be tough to keep the game close.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if people will throw a fit if we draft Reggie Bush... personally, i dont think we can pass on him.. no matter our Oline needs. I would expect us to REALLY grab some Olinemen in the middle rounds and in FA though..if we did draft him.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #20
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

grid personally I could not throw a fit for the most explosive playmaker in the draft. Will he play RB for us no. Will he be comparble to Carolina's Steve Smith in 2 years very likely. The kid has talent, but he is not a major need for us, or wait our team needs playmakers Offensively and Defensively so I guess he is might be the pick. I think we only pick him if we are stuck in whatever pick we have and he is BPA. For example we have the 5th pick and both elite LTs are gone plus the top two QBs so we are looking at Bush as the BPA I think we make the pick or we try and keep the phone from ringing off the hook for people wanting to trade up and steal him.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read