Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2012   #261
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
J. Allen was good against the deep ball. Had a knack for making a play on the ball, was good at locating the ball. Never said he was the best CB in the league. Though he did split time with KJ the whole time he was here. He was going to get money from some team, we cutt Winston, traded demeco, released Jacoby so i doubt we were going to resign Allen for what he got offered from other teams.

And ur avoiding my question am i right or wrong about the PI calls on DBs who have their backs to the ball ?
Quote:
I'm not picking and choosing. I am stating what happens to ALL DBs around the NFL who have their backs to the ball. (KJ always has his back to the ball on deep balls) It's a valid question/concern.
You need to be more specific on these things.

Every play is different.

Yes, it is true that the call would go against the DB when he doesn't look back at the ball (when he actually commit PI in the first place).

I can guarantee with you that KJ has been a very good cover corner.
He's been tight with the receiver and in the long run, it will not be easy to call PI on him the longer he's in the league.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #262
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The angle the ref usually has is either in front our behind the WR/DB. They make a lot of bad PI calls. I'm not saying it will be fault but its one of those things that Refs see and call without actually seeing if the DB was touching the WR or not.

We have ALl send some BAD PI calls. And either way mostly its because The DB had his back to the ball and never tried to locate it.
still this
Old 09-13-2012   #263
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
our just get pass interference called on him A LOT, which is what will happen
Code:
Routt, Stanford	        DB	Oak	7	
Peterson, Patrick	DB	Ari	6
Browner, Brandon	DB	Sea	5
Haden, Joe	        DB	Cle	5	
Florence, Drayton	DB	Buf	4
Wright, Eric	        DB	Det	4
In 2011 KJ and 13 other DBs (Ball was one) had 3 PIs, the above had more.
Old 09-13-2012   #264
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Code:
Routt, Stanford	        DB	Oak	7	
Peterson, Patrick	DB	Ari	6
Browner, Brandon	DB	Sea	5
Haden, Joe	        DB	Cle	5	
Florence, Drayton	DB	Buf	4
Wright, Eric	        DB	Det	4
In 2011 KJ and 13 other DBs (Ball was one) had 3 PIs, the above had more.
In 2011 we also pressured the QB A LOT not much time for deep balls really. I am only talking about deep balls when it comes to KJ. He is a good short to medium cover CB
Old 09-13-2012   #265
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The angle the ref usually has is either in front our behind the WR/DB. They make a lot of bad PI calls. I'm not saying it will be fault but its one of those things that Refs see and call without actually seeing if the DB was touching the WR or not.

We have ALl send some BAD PI calls. And either way mostly its because The DB had his back to the ball and never tried to locate it.
And if a ref makes a bad call, no coach in the NFL is going to tell his player to do anything differently.
Old 09-13-2012   #266
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
And if a ref makes a bad call, no coach in the NFL is going to tell his player to do anything differently.
Not saying they will but it could still majorly affect the outcome of the game regardless.
Old 09-13-2012   #267
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HAHA well i dont hate on KJ like i used to, infact like i said he has greatly improved since his rookie campaign, i just think theres a few things he needs to improve on. Now his short passing game and run defense are GREAT. Its just his deep coverage that needs improvment IMO.
Well, just to know that I'm not a blind defender.

You and my brother-in-law will make a pair.

Sure, there are legitimate questions here and there.

He came to pretty much the same conclusion (at the same moments in time).

Still question on certain part of his game, and the rest.

I've been telling you the same thing as I've been telling my tight brother-in-law of some 27 years.
I told him the same exact thing about Chris Myers before; I'm no stranger to these things.

At the end of the day, I will still be watching a lot of Texans games with him; that is not going to change, I'm sure of it, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #268
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Well, just to know that I'm not a blind defender.

You and my brother-in-law will make a pair.

Sure, there are legitimate questions here and there.

He came to pretty much the same conclusion (at the same moments in time).

Still question on certain part of his game, and the rest.

I've been telling you the same thing as I've been telling my tight brother-in-law of some 27 years.
I told him the same exact thing about Chris Myers before; I'm no stranger to these things.

At the end of the day, I will still be watching a lot of Texans games with him; that is not going to change, I'm sure of it, LOL!

HAHA yeah guess we'll never agree on KJ. Oh well we're both still texans fans at the end of the day.
Old 09-14-2012   #269
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ could have a Petey Faggins season and 76 would still shot him into an all-pro.

KJ plays great when the balls in front of him and although he's gotten better he's still below avg when he has to track a WR more than 25 yds down the field.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #270
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
KJ could have a Petey Faggins season and 76 would still shot him into an all-pro.

KJ plays great when the balls in front of him and although he's gotten better he's still below avg when he has to track a WR more than 25 yds down the field.
Remember that crow stew we talked about? It's still brewing..it's in the crock pot. We gon throw some spice in there. Ooh Wee it's gon be good!
Old 09-14-2012   #271
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In 2011 we also pressured the QB A LOT not much time for deep balls really. I am only talking about deep balls when it comes to KJ. He is a good short to medium cover CB
His 3 PIs were for 94 yds, so yes deep throws.
Old 09-14-2012   #272
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

LOL.. you guys think every corner that gets picked in the first round is another hall of famer.

KJ has:
- great tackling ability
- above average short to middle game.
- below to average long game, and seems to be improving.

He fits very well in our high pressure defense, very similar to what he played in college. What more do you want, do you want him to drop a beer on you in the stands while he's picking off the ball and running it back for a touchdown?

JJ has had his share of really bad plays you could nitpick to death, preseason he was beat twice on the same play! FIRE HIM!

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #273
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
LOL.. you guys think every corner that gets picked in the first round is another hall of famer.

KJ has:
- great tackling ability
- above average short to middle game.
- below to average long game, and seems to be improving.

He fits very well in our high pressure defense, very similar to what he played in college. What more do you want, do you want him to drop a beer on you in the stands while he's picking off the ball and running it back for a touchdown?

JJ has had his share of really bad plays you could nitpick to death, preseason he was beat twice on the same play! FIRE HIM!
PRE SEASON
Old 09-14-2012   #274
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Remember that crow stew we talked about? It's still brewing..it's in the crock pot. We gon throw some spice in there. Ooh Wee it's gon be good!
Lookin forward to it
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #275
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lookin forward to it
Don't forget to turn your head.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #276
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I tend to side with 76. Who else watches more game tape than him?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #277
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I tend to side with 76. Who else watches more game tape than him?
Frank Bush watched a bunch of game field & still got it wrong.... a lot. Not saying '76 is wrong, just say'n.....

Old 09-15-2012   #278
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Frank Bush watched a bunch of game field & still got it wrong.... a lot. Not saying '76 is wrong, just say'n.....

Old 09-15-2012   #279
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Even though he was "wrong" alot, I'd still value Frank Bush's football opinion more than anyone on this board.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #280
kingh99

Kareem Jackson is a cornerback, a position that doesn't peak performance-wise until yr 4-6. It's an investment as much as a pick. These guys last longer than QBs. KJ could be destined for a legendary play or plays this season or next. He definitely has athletic potential to be part of some great plays.

Kareem Jackson is tough. He never shies from a collision. That's a valued quality for a CB. Anyway I hope he turns into a clutch player because he picked good years to suck. Nothing was happening those years anyway. And odds favor his career status rising because of success the Texans should have as long as Wade Phillips and Gary Kubiak are running the defense and offense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read