Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2012   #21
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt makes the Dolphins look foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
DUDE!! Dude! He's psycho like that. He's the ex-Tight End converted to DE with skillz! He knows his way around the film room (errrr, Hard Knocks) and knows how time to Sh!te!!!

*EDIT*

He makes Cush seem like a puss!
wooooooh horsey.
that there is blasphemy.

i love JJ but cush is an animal i heard that cushing died 20 years ago,
Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.

and...

when chuck norris goes to sleep every night, he checks the closet for cushing!

and...

Cushing once got bit by a rattle snake........ After three days of pain and agony ..........the rattle snake died!!!!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #22
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He could have been a little more political in his answers if you really want to pick it apart, but I don't mind the answers he gave. He was asked specific questions and answered them.

He was asked if he saw anything in Hard Knocks that helped and he answered it honestly. He was asked about Mario and answered it honestly. Most players would have answered these questions like:

"Yeah, we watched Hard Knocks and saw a couple of things, but nothing that we wouldn't have been able to pick up during the course of the game."

"Mario is a physical specimen and its always good to have a guy like that on your team, but we're happy with the players we have and feel like they can more than get the job done."

He pretty much answered the questions the same, but just worded them different.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #23
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

This was mentioned what seemed like half a dozen times during the game broadcast.

I question the veracity of it. The way HBO stages scenes and cuts film in production makes it doubtful (to me, anyway) that anything unique and of worth could be derived from it. But, whatever.

Last edited by nero THE zero; 09-12-2012 at 02:59 PM.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #24
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
You blew the interview way out of proportion. He likes Mario as a person but he was just brutally honest when he said the defense as a whole would not miss him.
I have no idea what he said in the interview outside of the story itself being written.

My concern is him giving up tricks of the trade with the Hard Knocks confession. Couple that with him dissing Mario and sorry but it was in fact a diss. His head is swelling and it won't take much for that to implode. I think he's earned it but at the same time... I hope he reels it in and keeps it together.
Old 09-12-2012   #25
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I have no idea what he said in the interview outside of the story itself being written.

My concern is him giving up tricks of the trade with the Hard Knocks confession. Couple that with him dissing Mario and sorry but it was in fact a diss. His head is swelling and it won't take much for that to implode. I think he's earned it but at the same time... I hope he reels it in and keeps it together.
Really? Watch the video at PFT. He comes off nothing like the written transcript.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #26
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really? Watch the video at PFT. He comes off nothing like the written transcript.
It is not closed captioned so I can't exactly watch it. I am somewhat limited there.

Old 09-12-2012   #27
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is not closed captioned so I can't exactly watch it. I am somewhat limited there.

Well now I feel like a horse's ass. My apologies.

there is a big difference between the two though in all seriousness. What PFT used just makes better headlines for web hits.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #28
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Well now I feel like a horse's ass. My apologies.

there is a big difference between the two though in all seriousness. What PFT used just makes better headlines for web hits.
No worries. Glad to see we are on the same page now.

I am sure you are right. Either way both things said are actually pretty powerful things to jib out. I'm the biggest Watt fan in town. He has been my favorite player for months now so I think has said a lot for me to perk up my eyebrows at what he is saying.
Old 09-12-2012   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know you can't hear his tone but it really didn't come across as disrespectful to Mario. And he tried to make the point that they lost Mario early and the defense got better as the season went on.

And with the Hard Knocks thing, he also said you can get the same information from game film so it wasn't really that big of a deal.

I don't think he's in any danger of spinning out of control.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #30
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I know you can't hear his tone but it really didn't come across as disrespectful to Mario. And he tried to make the point that they lost Mario early and the defense got better as the season went on.

And with the Hard Knocks thing, he also said you can get the same information from game film so it wasn't really that big of a deal.

I don't think he's in any danger of spinning out of control.
I don't think he's in danger of spinning out of control either. Let me try to re-word... He showed a little bit of immaturity considering what was actually said. When that happens, it can turn south in a hurry... and I hope he handles it with stride.

I am glad to hear that his tone was not disrespectful. I didn't think he looked disrespectful. I just was... hmmm... at his actual text.
Old 09-12-2012   #31
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 91682 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry but i feel he has done more for the texans in his 1 season and 1 game then mario ever did for us his entire time here.
Old 09-12-2012   #32
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Sorry but i feel he has done more for the texans in his 1 season and 1 game then mario ever did for us his entire time here.
Mario had his moments, but they were followed by no shows. JJ has been consistent so far. So, I agree with you.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #33
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Immaturity? Guess I am missing it.

Dissing Mario? If you want to take it that way, but I mean looking at last year...it's pretty clear the team didn't miss a beat without him in there. Couple that the up and down nature of his time here and not really showing up in Buffalo (granted its the first game) I don't think he said anything no one watching hasn't thought.

Did he catch something from Hard knocks? I don't know, but what I do know is he did what great defensive players should do and that is take advantage of a rookie QB.

Anyway you slice it the guy was THE difference in the game last Sunday.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #34
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think he's in danger of spinning out of control either. Let me try to re-word... He showed a little bit of immaturity considering what was actually said. When that happens, it can turn south in a hurry... and I hope he handles it with stride.

I am glad to hear that his tone was not disrespectful. I didn't think he looked disrespectful. I just was... hmmm... at his actual text.
Agreed on the big mouth. No good can come from revealing that to the league.
Old 09-12-2012   #35
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94735 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He didn't diss Mario at all. He was just saying that the team is moving on either way and they're going to be better off because of their hard work and commitment to being the best unit in the league on defense. I didn't notice anything in that interview that told me his head could swell up. I saw the opposite and he seemed mature and very confident. Can't wait to see the kind of player Watt continues to mold into.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
wooooooh horsey.
that there is blasphemy.

i love JJ but cush is an animal i heard that cushing died 20 years ago,
Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.

and...

when chuck norris goes to sleep every night, he checks the closet for cushing!

and...

Cushing once got bit by a rattle snake........ After three days of pain and agony ..........the rattle snake died!!!!
*Tongue in cheek* my friend.... BTW, in Texas we say Whooooooah!!!
Old 09-12-2012   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He didn't diss Mario at all. He was just saying that the team is moving on either way and they're going to be better off because of their hard work and commitment to being the best unit in the league on defense. I didn't notice anything in that interview that told me his head could swell up. I saw the opposite and he seemed mature and very confident. Can't wait to see the kind of player Watt continues to mold into.
No one has dissed Mario... Well except for me (and this coming from a Mario supporter) given some of his post-Texans days on Twitter.

Duane Brown said on his show yesterday that Mario was liked by all the other players. He went on to say that Mario enjoyed Houston. Some of that is lip service I'm sure, but some of Marion's actions and/or comments are/were to the contrary!

As much as I despise Rodney Harrison, I'm not so sure that I disagree with his recent comments.

BTW, Marion Williams is on pace to make $1,000,000.00 per tackle, but I don't want to be "on pace guy"!! LOL!
Old 09-12-2012   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, count me as one who says I could give a flip if ANY Texans player wanted to openly "somewhat" diss Maria Williams.

JJ Watt is clearly a superior Texans asset to whatever Mario was or could be for us. Motor, motor, MOTOR.

As far as the whole Hard Knocks issue, I have to wonder if that's him just poking fun at the Dolphins. I mean...seriously, come on...as if JJ Watt really learned it from Hard Knocks. Regardless, it's not like JJ is giving up any information that harms the Texans. He's showing that he is observant, and that plays in the heads of upcoming opponents, IMO.
Old 09-13-2012   #39
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw this on NFL.com. They are discussing whether "J.J. Swatts" comments could be the end of Hard Knocks or not. http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/09/12/j-j-...any-game-tape/
Guess we're getting some "pub" out of Hard Knocks after all!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read