Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-08-2012   #61
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Cougars 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm kind of ashamed at what UH is putting on the field this year. After all the hard work and effort that's gone into getting the program to have a pulse again we step into 2012 with everything to play for and yet these guys look like some Kim Helton/Dana Dimmel teams. Like you said Ellis, "can't tackle, can't catch". This isn't good enough. This is where you either continue to go forward and take the team to the next level or slink back into your hole and putz around for another few years. Looks like the Cougars are happy to get their new stadium and putz around.
Looks like they have no discipline. Obviously Piland is no Keenum, but he's made some good enough throws tonight that are dropped or right off the hands. There was a earlier drive with 2-3 offensive penalties in a row, Backs running into each other in the backfield, fumbles and the list of follies goes on and on.

I wonder if the big east is having buyers remorse after tonight (pending a Keenum like comeback), and last week.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #62
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm kind of ashamed at what UH is putting on the field this year. After all the hard work and effort that's gone into getting the program to have a pulse again we step into 2012 with everything to play for and yet these guys look like some Kim Helton/Dana Dimmel teams. Like you said Ellis, "can't tackle, can't catch". This isn't good enough. This is where you either continue to go forward and take the team to the next level or slink back into your hole and putz around for another few years. Looks like the Cougars are happy to get their new stadium and putz around.
Isnt Houston going to another conference next season ? Or did that never officially go thru ?
Old 09-08-2012   #63
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

This team needs to practice
Old 09-08-2012   #64
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Damn the Freshman who just fumbled is crying. Man i havent seen that before
Old 09-08-2012   #65
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I didnt go to u of h, but being from Houston I've always rooted for then ever since I became aware if their existence.

I'm not even an alum or anything and I feel bad watching the coogs. It's embarrassing really. Hopefully they have a come to Jesus meeting and at least start looking like a functional team.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #66
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys remember when Dom Capers fired Chris Palmer after the 2nd game of the season?

Yeah...that kind of year.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #67
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Isnt Houston going to another conference next season ? Or did that never officially go thru ?
Yes they are and if they keep this up I think it's safe to say that whoever normally occupies the Big East cellar is licking their chops right now. They do look terribly unfocused out there. Piland isn't doing all that bad. He looks green but I'd expect that. He's making the throws and hitting guys who are just dropping the ball and look like they weren't even expecting it.

Levine is going to go down as a mistake. He might have been that unavoidable crappy coach who follows a good one or he might just be that guy who can coach but can't lead. Whatever it is we're going to have to sit here and watch it run its course. If I was the Big East I'd be having second thoughts. UH got that invitation in writing I hope.
Old 09-11-2012   #68
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a lot and I mean A LOT of doubt about the Cougars this year.

Sumlin+Keenum = stability

The move to a 4-3 defense was not welcome news either.

And of course, losing a couple of offensive linemen is never good news.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #69
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

It's hard being a Cougar fan but a Cougar fan I will be.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #70
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanDave View Post
It's hard being a Cougar fan but a Cougar fan I will be.
+1

Old 09-15-2012   #71
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody know what channel the pac12 network is on xfinity?
Old 09-16-2012   #72
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I sure wish SHSU played UH instead of Baylor yesterday.
Old 09-19-2012   #73
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Check out the rivals.com team site for UH, it should be there but I think it's only Rivals best guess.
I don't see him on there :/
Old 09-19-2012   #74
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like Sumlin got out when the getting was good.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #75
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This has been a disaster, but Sumlin doesn't get a free pass. It looks bad on him that we have poor WR,QB,and everything else. He rode Keenum's coatails to the A$M job, and lucked out in having a good QB there already. He has yet to prove as a college coach he can reruit a division I QB.

Levine looks like a huge mistake and he looks like he has no business being a head coach. This hire is a disaster and the AD needs to have his ass on the line for making this hire and being cheap with the coaching staff as well.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #76
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
This has been a disaster, but Sumlin doesn't get a free pass. It looks bad on him that we have poor WR,QB,and everything else. He rode Keenum's coatails to the A$M job, and lucked out in having a good QB there already. He has yet to prove as a college coach he can reruit a division I QB.

Levine looks like a huge mistake and he looks like he has no business being a head coach. This hire is a disaster and the AD needs to have his ass on the line for making this hire and being cheap with the coaching staff as well.
Levine is a first time head coach without a stellar WB. Sumlin and Art both had two amazing college QB's in Kolb and Keenum, Piland is not close to either one. I just think people are over reacting right now, just not used to losing like this in a long time. Was Levine the right hire? Probably not, but he should be given the chance to play out this year and the next, but I can't see him finishing out his 5-year deal unless he starts winning.
Old 09-24-2012   #77
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UH goes a Saturday without a loss!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012   #78
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bayou Bucket game tomorrow at Reliant.

GO COOGS !!

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #79
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

That's more like it.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #80
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'm breathing a little easier...lol.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read