Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2012   #21
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak not Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Yeah I agree that it wasn't a perfect game, but it was a good first game. I heard some delirious things on the radio today. For example, someone actually wanted the Texans to draft a QB next year in the 1st round next year and hope that he'll be better than Schaub. I think there's some major overreaction going on among the fans. If we're playing like this mid point in the season it'll be a cause for concern, but as of today I'm happy with the win.
And we all should be happy with the win. the first order of business is to collect bunches of wins no matter who, how, when etc.
Old 09-10-2012   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Hey, I'll give him his due when he is saying strong things and trying to keep the team focused. Good for him. I'm still not a Kubiak guy, but I'm going to always root for our team either way. I like this from him though. We had a big win, but we had a lot of holes that need to get fixed. Kubiak seems to recognize this, and I'm happy to see it. Go Kubes!!!
Whether you're a Kubiak guy or not, Hallelujah!! You actually had some ballz to give him his due....... FINALLY!!! I'm sure next week, you'll figure out a way to kill him again.............

Over/Under, anyone on that????
Old 09-10-2012   #23
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Just like many of us, kubiak understands that this is his best team with the best chance to go far. a couple of years ago, he would not have been as disappointed in the exact game. he is not just playing the Dolphins here, but also projecting that execution and effort against the Ravens or Patriots. I don't think it was good enough on Sunday, and apparently neither did Kubes.
This nails it.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #24
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Whether you're a Kubiak guy or not, Hallelujah!! You actually had some ballz to give him his due....... FINALLY!!! I'm sure next week, you'll figure out a way to kill him again.............
Oh I've given him his due before. Several times.

But you're right, it's very rare.

Quote:
Let's hope it's the under. Lol!

Don't get me motivated though Bill.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 09-10-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Been a lot of hate on Gary over the years here .... and Tex has been one of the more vocal .... thats why I had to give him some rep .... a couple others are still flying "Fire Kubiak" soap in their avatars.

First time head coach handed a 2-14 team .... we had to expect some growing pains. I think his ..... on the job training is nearly complete and he's one of the better coaches in this league. (learning is never complete) Then again , I may be biased .... Have to give ole Bob some credit for the hiring of SonofBum.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #26
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have loads of talent on both sides of the ball....if we manage to avoid injury there are only a few things that can keep us from going deep into the playoffs and unfortunately a few of them reared their ugly heads yesterday:

A Kubiak coached team comes out flat, plays MAYBE one good half and generally lacks intensity. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.

Kubiak's game management has me scratching my head again...why go for the long field goal in the first half? This is the kind of %^$% that got Kevin Gilbride punched back in the day. Our defense is playing pretty well at that point despite some issues against the run...why leave them out to dry by giving Miami a short field?

Kubiak makes a poor decision on a challenge...great effort by Jean but he didn't go to ground with the ball! Seemed like a pretty obvious drop to me.

I'm glad we won....beating ANY NFL team by 20 is quite an accomplishment. But the first quarter and a half was VERY painful to watch and I hope our future victories don't require a total meltdown by our opponent. I like exciting football games as much as the next guy, but I'd really like to enjoy an end to end dominant performance for once rather than sitting there and waiting for the other shoe to drop. Other less talented teams manage to pull that off from time to time.

Last edited by AMartin56; 09-10-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: typos
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #27
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the right side of the oline get blown up way too much yesterday, especially in that series after Andre set us up at the 3yd line. They have to get much better starting this week.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #28
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad Kubiak isn't satified with good enough. He should seek and expect perfection from his players even if it's an impossible goal. No matter how good you are, your never good enough.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post

A Kubiak coached team comes out flat, plays MAYBE one good half and generally lacks intensity. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.
Maybe they came out too amped up - expecting too much of themselves ... Thats a serious possibility. Having played College sports , alibet back in the stone age , I can attest to that being a factor.

Quote:
Kubiak's game management has me scratching my head again...why go for the long field goal in the first half? This is the kind of %^$% that got Kevin Gilbride punched back in the day. Our defense is playing pretty well at that point despite some issues against the run...why leave them out to dry by giving Miami a short field?
The defense is stopping them .... Why not take a shot at a long FG and put POINTS ON THE BOARD ?! If its a miss .... your defense is stopping them anyhow.
No no , lets send out Truk and punt (yes I know - This aint your 3 years ago Texans is exactly my bleeping point).

Quote:
Kubiak makes a poor decision on a challenge...great effort by Jean but he didn't go to ground with the ball! Seemed like a pretty obvious drop to me.
I was sitting at home with the benefit of the replay on TV .... and I woulda thrown the challenge flag. The replay showing him lose the ball on the way down wasnt shown until after the replay official made his decision .... and all Gary has to go on is what he see's on the bhig screen and what LeStar has to say to him. - Show your players you have faith in them , throw th damn flag.

It wasnt until after the replay official made the call that I realized it was an incompletion - If I have the advantage of the replay .... what you got to say now ?! (The crowd went bonkers when that red flag hit the turf).

Quote:
I'm glad we won....beating ANY NFL team by 20 is quite an accomplishment. But the first quarter and a half was VERY painful to watch and I hope our future victories don't require a total meltdown by our opponent. I like exciting football games as much as the next guy, but I'd really like to enjoy an end to end dominant performance for once rather than sitting there and waiting for the other shoe to drop. Other less talented teams manage to pull that off from time to time.
This is the NFL .... not your neighborhood over 40 league (where I could dominate).

Teams are very close in talent , just so happens the Fish strengths were polar opposite to the Texans strengths. They were afterall the #3 rushing defense in the NFL last season giving up ~95 per against last season and the Texans were the #2 rushing offense .... Immovable object meets irresistible force.

I really cant stress enough how much credit the Fish defense deserves a heap of credit for stopping the Texans rushing offense. We fans expect the Texans to rush the ball effectively when everyone in the building knows they are going to run the ball .... So do the Texans. The Fish knew the Texans were running the ball and they allowed only ~2.3ypc on 35 carries.\

Rush Offense ~ Rush Defense = 0
QB play VS QB play = The difference in the game.

Ive been very critical in other threads but I believe the expectations of a dominating performance against the Fish are .... a stretch. Tis afterall the NFL .... Any given Sunday.

Hope is a poor mans disease.

Last edited by Corrosion; 09-11-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't read through the entire thread, but I think I'd be unhappy too if my team couldn't punch it in with a 1st and goal from the 7 and a 1st and goal from the 3.
Old 09-11-2012   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Didn't read through the entire thread, but I think I'd be unhappy too if my team couldn't punch it in with a 1st and goal from the 7 and a 1st and goal from the 3.
You know, I don't remember seeing Clutts out there (except STs). He probably wasn't yet up to snuff on our system. But I have a hard time believing that not having a real FB anytime in the running game didn't have a significant negative impact on our rushing attack, especially on the 2 RZ/"goal line" situations.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And we all should be happy with the win. the first order of business is to collect bunches of wins no matter who, how, when etc.
Disagree 1000 percent AT. I don't want to watch a season of sloppy wins; that is what competition is about to get better. Wins are good only if they mean something. I don't want to have an empty award for anything.
Old 09-11-2012   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You know, I don't remember seeing Clutts out there (except STs). He probably wasn't yet up to snuff on our system. But I have a hard time believing that not having a real FB anytime in the running game didn't have a significant negative impact on our rushing attack, especially on the 2 RZ/"goal line" situations.
Agreed. Our "system" from goal line should be 'Clutts clears obstacles in path of Foster'. He doesn't need much time to learn that. He is a vet. Put him in and tell him which side to run to as he blocks.
Old 09-11-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Just like many of us, kubiak understands that this is his best team with the best chance to go far. a couple of years ago, he would not have been as disappointed in the exact game. he is not just playing the Dolphins here, but also projecting that execution and effort against the Ravens or Patriots. I don't think it was good enough on Sunday, and apparently neither did Kubes.
That makes the most sense. But figuring out how to get that first down starts on the side-line.
Old 09-11-2012   #35
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather play ugly and win than play a great, clean game and lose. Ugly wins can sometimes be more gratifying because you have to dig deep and find ways to pull it out when you're not on top of your game. That's not something we've been able to do much in the past so I'll take a few of these this year if it helps us get to 12-4 and a first round bye.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #36
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Disagree 1000 percent AT. I don't want to watch a season of sloppy wins; that is what competition is about to get better. Wins are good only if they mean something. I don't want to have an empty award for anything.
The first criteria for getting into the Superbowl tournament is the number of wins. they don't start asking who and how much until a team does not have more than its rivals.

while i will criticize , want to see imporvement here and there along with other stuff, dominate wins and statement games are largely bunk. Ugly counts the same as pretty. Just keep adding to the win column and the Texans will play enough meaningful games in January.
Old 09-12-2012   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with Arlington and 4life. Good posts.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The first criteria for getting into the Superbowl tournament is the number of wins. they don't start asking who and how much until a team does not have more than its rivals.

while i will criticize , want to see imporvement here and there along with other stuff, dominate wins and statement games are largely bunk. Ugly counts the same as pretty. Just keep adding to the win column and the Texans will play enough meaningful games in January.
Sounds like a Cowboy fan.

Who by the way don't know what it feels like to watch meaningful games in January.

just say'n
Old 09-12-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I saw the right side of the oline get blown up way too much yesterday, especially in that series after Andre set us up at the 3yd line. They have to get much better starting this week.
Nah, there were more poor plays on the left than the right side.

On that series, there were one on each side, but there were a difference.

On first and three, we tried to run inside left tackle.
W. Smith allowed penetration to start with.
D. Brown was not in sync with the blocking TE; he ran into the back of the TE before heading out.
This did not give the lead blocker Casey any room to go up through.

On second down, we tried a run to the right, but OD got pushed way back into the backfield. Newton got out to the second level and took out a LB; Caldwell didn't get a clean cut block on his man, but he did enough. The main thing is that the Dolphins just had an extra man flowing to the hole quickly (I'm watching the end zone shot from the coaches film on NFL game rewind).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans started the fourth quarter with a couple of 4 yards run to the right.
On third and 2, Schaub's pass to OD was just high. One of the LB pulled on OD's jersey lightly to slow him down just a tad.

On the next drive, the Texans got inside the redzone but failed to convert on 3rd and 2. Kubiak (and/or the OC) were to blame on this one.
The Texans tried a counter run into darkness (with the Dolphins over playing the left side of our offense. They had the line faked the blocks as if the play was going to the right side, but ran left. OD got out onto the safety, but since the OLB didn't bite, he was unblocked and prevented Foster to head upfield.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read