Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2005   #21
mrm17
Rookie

Default Competitive?

I would MUCH rather get killed each week than be competitive - it's so much less painful! We've been "competitive" for the last two years. Enough is enough. Capers AND Casserly need to go.

The next discussion should be about our new GM. How about one of Pittsburgh's? They are more than "competitive" almost every year, and they're a lot smaller market with smaller revenues for big bonuses for free agents. In other words they know how to draft. We haven't shown much of a knack for that part of the "Game". If not Pittsburgh, we could say N.E.'s Pioli, but why would he want to come here?
mrm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #22
ManningColts
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
I think that somebody is a little worried about the division crown...

Division Crown? Heck, we'll already have that by the 12th game of the season. The rest of the 4 games will be pre-season football with our starters playing maybe a 1/2 game til the play-offs start.

[b]"Swathed in more ice than the body of Ted Williams, bearing huge discolored splotches and limping noticeably, Leftwich settled in front of a locker stall following a 10-3 defeat, looking like one oversized 250-pound welt. Had the Colts been charged with assault and battery by the local constabulary, the prosecutor would have only had to present a naked Leftwich to the jury, and deliberations would have lasted maybe 30 seconds."
ManningColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #23
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManningColts
Division Crown? Heck, we'll already have that by the 12th game of the season. The rest of the 4 games will be pre-season football with our starters playing maybe a 1/2 game til the play-offs start.
LMAO...

Great game Texans just like I predicted it would be. I can't believe you all led the game as long as you did. I am still wondering how in the heck you all managed to be 1-7 I still don't get it. I think Texans have a good leader in David Carr, Man has a lot of talent heart and grit.

So who are you guys aiming to take with the first round pick? If I may, I suggest you all trade down and use the pick to stock pile up on some offensive lineman from the first day. I can't imagine how Good Carr could be with some protection.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #24
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
...So who are you guys aiming to take with the first round pick? If I may, I suggest you all trade down and use the pick to stock pile up on some offensive lineman from the first day.....
DING!! Even our opposing fans know what TEXANS should go for this offseason. The circle is complete. (Can someone inform our front office now and reaffirm our "#1 priority"?)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005   #25
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Capers is digging his own hole!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005   #26
jagibelieve
Veteran

Default Good Game Texans

I wanted to stop by and say good game to you all. I wanted to get here yesterday, but didn't get the chance. You all played us really good, and your record does not reflect the caliber of team that you have. Good luck the rest of the season (except Dec. 24th).
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read