Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-12-2012   #21
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TARP WEEK- Round 1#

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Same to the Texans! I saw the Texans struggling vs the Dolphins, until the 3rd quarter...lucky to be playing a rookie QB?
That would be until the end of the 2nd quarter. 21 pts in under 2 minutes.

Old 09-12-2012   #22
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill,
Good to be back on the old texanstalk board...I only troll over, when we play each other. I have a feeling the Jags are going to throw everything into this game. That was a terrible loss Sunday, vs the Vikes. The injuries are hurting the Jags right now. I have a feeling, it might be a game, where both teams score 30 or more points...high scoring game. I think, the Jags win by 3points. Keep a eye on Blackmon this game and also Mike Thomas...and looks like Marcedes Lewis is back playing like 2010. Jenning is injured, so a heavy dose of MJD...should be a war! Excited to be at the game Sunday! We'll see? Either the Texans win and get a nice comfy lead in the Division, or the Jags take the 1st place spot? Here's a great football game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Good to see you Mootini!!! I've had a Mootini or two, errrrr Martinis, myself... I'm not buying any of the BS about JAX not being very good at all. I think this will be a fairly tight game especially considering it's a divisional game.

Good Luck, good game and as always, no injuries!!

My prediction?

49-2... The 2 coming from the Texans punter running out time off the clock.

I kid, I kid.... I do believe it will be a closer game than most (although, and you would understand, I hope not!) might think.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #23
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotcha...but thank Tannerhill...ready for Sunday, should be a great game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
That would be until the end of the 2nd quarter. 21 pts in under 2 minutes.

Old 09-12-2012   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm hoping for some more games like this! I was going crazy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlvOUG8nuZ4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
I knew I shouldn't have watched... figured it was that game
I'm pretty sure I witnessed Gus Johnson have an on-air orgasm during that game.
Old 09-12-2012   #25
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Here's a cool weekly stat sheet from ESPN AFC South blog...

AFC South Team Rankings
How the AFC South teams stack up against the other teams in the league.

Team Off. Rush Pass 3rd down Pts. Def. Rush Pass 3rd down Pts.
HOU 17 19t 16 12 9t 8 11 9 3t 1t
IND 15 25 7 27t 20 27 19 30 12t 30
JAX 16 15 17 6t 16t 23 23 19t 3t 20
TEN 23t 31 15 15t 29t 24t 30 13 25t 27

Obviously the numbers can and will move a lot week-to-week early in the season.

The best things here are that Houston is tied with Tampa Bay in scoring defense and that Houston and Jacksonville were excellent on third-down defense.

The worst things here are the Titans picking up where they left off and ranking 31st in rushing offense. Also not good: The Colts' scoring defense and the Titans' run defense

It's only 1 week, but looks like the winner of our game, will be the team who can move the chains on 3rd down.
Old 09-12-2012   #26
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

I miss Gus!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm pretty sure I witnessed Gus Johnson have an on-air orgasm during that game.
Old 09-12-2012   #27
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Pretty cool, considering the Bucs and Dolphins having major ticket sales and blackouts. http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/9/...2-mark-lamping
Old 09-16-2012   #28
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a cool weekly stat sheet from ESPN AFC South blog...

AFC South Team Rankings
How the AFC South teams stack up against the other teams in the league.

Team Off. Rush Pass 3rd down Pts. Def. Rush Pass 3rd down Pts.
HOU 17 19t 16 12 9t 8 11 9 3t 1t
IND 15 25 7 27t 20 27 19 30 12t 30
JAX 16 15 17 6t 16t 23 23 19t 3t 20
TEN 23t 31 15 15t 29t 24t 30 13 25t 27

Obviously the numbers can and will move a lot week-to-week early in the season.

The best things here are that Houston is tied with Tampa Bay in scoring defense and that Houston and Jacksonville were excellent on third-down defense.

The worst things here are the Titans picking up where they left off and ranking 31st in rushing offense. Also not good: The Colts' scoring defense and the Titans' run defense

It's only 1 week, but looks like the winner of our game, will be the team who can move the chains on 3rd down.
Whelp I think you called it. 0% on 3rd downs will definitely kill a drive...
Old 09-17-2012   #29
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Well, you know it's bad when a streaker makes more yards than your entire offense! Hell, our 3 round pick..the punter Anger had a 13 punt game..ALL PRO!!!! I love me some ANGER Time! Anyway, the Texans looks so solid on all phases....great team! Texans didn't even have to go to Andre. I'll be pulling for you guys in the off season. Time to blow up the Jags again, Gene Smith's rebuild has failed, so maybe the Jags go after Polian? We are now the Browns of the NFL. Injuries is a problem, but they way the players responded was piss poor and the coaching was terrible. So disappointing, but the texans look like a team to get to the SB. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read