Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2012   #61
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt: All-Pro DE

JJ doesn't miss Mario.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #62
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Wow. Great interview.

I wanted to run out and hit something after that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #63
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
@Dutch, great job with the gifs. I looked and looked for a gif of Mutombo's finger wag and couldn't find one. I think it would be really great to see a Mutombo in Rockets uniform finger wag gif side by side with a Watt finger wag gif.
Ok, here are a few to choose from, take your pick. I like the last one against the Lakers

Old 09-12-2012   #64
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ok, here are a few to choose from, take your pick. I like the last one against the Lakers
I like them all, but think that last one would look best. Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2012   #65
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

he's on NFL AM right now.

edit: short interview, nothing really said.
Old 09-12-2012   #66
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
he's on NFL AM right now.
Just saw it..... He's been a busy man these last 16 hours or so. Its about the 3rd or 4th interview I've heard or seen him doing in that time.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #67
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Wow. Great interview.

I wanted to run out and hit something after that.
Me too.

I love his confidence in both himself, and his teammates.

Old 09-12-2012   #68
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me too.

I love his confidence in both himself, and his teammates.
Me three. I was wearing my Liberty White #99 Watt jersey for the game. I'm lovin' me some JJ more and more.

The definition of BEAST!

And to think a bunch of folks didn't like the pick @ 11. I think we stole him.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #69
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Me three. I was wearing my Liberty White #99 Watt jersey for the game. I'm lovin' me some JJ more and more.

The definition of BEAST!

And to think a bunch of folks didn't like the pick @ 11. I think we stole him.
Yep, lots of folks wanted Nick Fairley.

I wasn't one of those, my cousin was p!$$ed when they took Watt. Now, he has a Watt jersey.

Old 09-12-2012   #70
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

So, who has more sacks this year, J.J. Watt or Mario Williams?

Keep in mind that Williams key role as a 4-3 DE is as a pass rusher, where Watt's key role as a 3-4 DE is not.

If both players stay healthy and Watt out-sacks Williams this year, that will end the Mario Williams arguments once and for all.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #71
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In one of the other threads, not to take anything away from "Watt is a beast," I pointed out that Tannehill threw virtually all of his passes low in straight line without any attempt to high takeoff or arc over the Dline. Here is a post from a senior poster at Thephins.com:
At Wisconsin JJ had 5 batted balls in 2009 and 9 in 2010.
Old 09-12-2012   #72
False Start
On # 69

Old 09-12-2012   #73
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, lots of folks wanted Nick Fairley.

I wasn't one of those, my cousin was p!$$ed when they took Watt. Now, he has a Watt jersey.
Gotta give Cuz credit for seeing the error of his ways. At least he was man enough to pony up and recognize his foolish thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
So, who has more sacks this year, J.J. Watt or Mario Williams?

Keep in mind that Williams key role as a 4-3 DE is as a pass rusher, where Watt's key role as a 3-4 DE is not.

If both players stay healthy and Watt out-sacks Williams this year, that will end the Mario Williams arguments once and for all.
Hope this doesn't (but I'm sure it will) sound ish but I'll double down on JJ SWATT! Not baggin' on Mario since obviously he impressed enough to snag a 100 mill contract but #99 is full tilt boogie on every snap. On the other hand the former #90...well that's been well observed and documented.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #74
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
At Wisconsin JJ had 5 batted balls in 2009 and 9 in 2010.
No argument as to the "beast" label. Just saying that last Sunday a couple of those balls were so low that he didn't need to jump or even raise his hands above his head.

What I worry about is how teams will scheme to counter his bats. I've already read coaches and players mentioning that the Olinemen just need to thump him hard in the chest to have him lose his balance backwards and essentially take him out of the play....a setup for injury. But what I am most worried about is an even more effective counter by Olinemen going low and taking out his knees.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #75
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87916 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Dutch, can you make a gif of the Quin hit on Thomas that caused the fumble?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
And by the way, for all you Mario Williams junkies who swore by that lazy ass all those years, what game in Texans history did Mario ever have that kind of impact?? Watt is the real deal of what Mario Williams was supposed to be. This is the guy that we've been needing all of these years. Mario will sulk in Buffalo. Watt for defensive player of the year!
I love me some Mario Williams, but I digress. Watt is playing like a #1 overall pick at a position that normally does not impact the game to this degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
im by no means a mario junkie but he did have games where he set the tone too... off the top of my head- steelers last yr, colts opening day 2 yrs ago, that broncos tnf etc. i agree they werent nearly frequent enough but he did occasionally have them
Agreed. Watt also has some things going for him, that Mario didn't have for the majority of his career here. Most importantly, a competent secondary & defensive coordinator. Not taking anything from Watt, but we saw what a force Mario could be with those things for 5 games last season.

In Watt's favor, he is more of a football player than Mario is. Just watching them play, it appears Watt has a feel for the game that Mario still lacks. At the snap, he gets into his opponent then about a second and a half to two seconds, he pulls back & locates the QB, reads his eyes & makes a play.

Still, I'm not going to act like Mario stole my girlfriend or boinked my wife. He's gone, no skin off my back. He's going to do his thing & so will the Houston Texans. I'm only worried about the latter.
Old 09-13-2012   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I'll take that bet... if you're betting that is.

Do you think JJ Watt will out-sack MW?
Old 09-15-2012   #78
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Schefter:
Quote:
4. Watt earning high praise: An early-season favorite for NFL's Defensive Player of the Year is Houston defensive end J.J. Watt. Everyone saw what a factor he could be last postseason, when the Texans beat the Bengals and Watt picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown. But Watt has picked up right where he left off. He made huge plays against the Dolphins, leading one NFL scout to compare Watt's game to that of San Francisco Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Smith. Another NFL general manager said simply, "Watt is a beast."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...hefter-10-spot
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #79
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

LoL, honestly i think there's a good chance this happens.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #80
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I don't know, but I think J.J. has a good chance and I hope he does. The way J.J. is playing, it could be a close call.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read