Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-11-2012   #1
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tailgating...

Hey guys! I'm going to the game vs the Packers in October. I am a Packers fan. Yes I know. Sorry! I have a few questions for you guys.

I really want to tailgate and was wondering how welcoming the home crowd is to an away team fan? I went the game a few years back when the Packers came to town but was too afraid to tailgate lol.

Also can people just tailgate without going to the game? I only have two tickets to the game for me and my brother but he was wondering if his friends can tailgate with us.

Should I buy a parking ticket and if so which section should I buy?

Thanks guys! I hope I'm not intruding.
mistylynn0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgating...

I'll take your questions in order, but Mods, can we sticky a tailgate info thread so the newcomers can see information without having to ask the same questions?

1) Texans fans show southern hospitality and are welcoming to visiting fans. You may experience some mild taunts, but as long as you are respectful and not obnoxious, you should be fine. I think we have a fairly good reputation overall. Cowboys and Titans fans may disagree.

2) Fans tailgating without going to the game need a tailgating pass. The passes are sold to season tickets holders on a first come first served basis. I did hear from some people who stayed in the lot last week that security was charging $20 to people who stayed in the lot and didn't have a tailgating pass. Not sure if that was legit or security was making some side cash.

3) Parking passes are sold out, but you can find them for sale on ebay or stubhub or nflticket exchange. Yellow, blue, orange and platinum lots are known for their awesome tailgates.
Old 09-11-2012   #3
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respectedmistylynn0211 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I'll take your questions in order, but Mods, can we sticky a tailgate info thread so the newcomers can see information without having to ask the same questions?

1) Texans fans show southern hospitality and are welcoming to visiting fans. You may experience some mild taunts, but as long as you are respectful and not obnoxious, you should be fine. I think we have a fairly good reputation overall. Cowboys and Titans fans may disagree.

2) Fans tailgating without going to the game need a tailgating pass. The passes are sold to season tickets holders on a first come first served basis. I did hear from some people who stayed in the lot last week that security was charging $20 to people who stayed in the lot and didn't have a tailgating pass. Not sure if that was legit or security was making some side cash.

3) Parking passes are sold out, but you can find them for sale on ebay or stubhub or nflticket exchange. Yellow, blue, orange and platinum lots are known for their awesome tailgates.
Thanks and sorry for being a burden. I'm always totally respectful and not obnoxious. I get intimidated very easily so didn't want to put myself in that situation. I'm all of 5'1 and 120 lbs soaking wet. I just want to have a good time and show my team spirit at the same time. I heard I could find tailgate passes and parking passes on ebay. Now can you park anywhere in your section or is it designated parking like seating?
Old 09-11-2012   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylynn0211 View Post
Thanks and sorry for being a burden. I'm always totally respectful and not obnoxious. I get intimidated very easily so didn't want to put myself in that situation. I'm all of 5'1 and 120 lbs soaking wet. I just want to have a good time and show my team spirit at the same time. I heard I could find tailgate passes and parking passes on ebay. Now can you park anywhere in your section or is it designated parking like seating?
No burden, you just sparked an idea to have the common questions posted for people.

You can park anywhere in all the lots except for platinum, it is the only one with assigned parking.

Platinum opens 5 hours before gametime and all other lots open 4 hours prior. Walk ins can enter 3.5 hours before the game.

Traffic gets pretty backed up with the diehards lining up to grab the prime spots in the lots, but if you drive up at 8:30 (for a noon game) you will get a good spot with no waiting.
Old 09-11-2012   #5
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Quote:
No burden, you just sparked an idea to have the common questions posted for people.

You can park anywhere in all the lots except for platinum, it is the only one with assigned parking.

Platinum opens 5 hours before gametime and all other lots open 4 hours prior. Walk ins can enter 3.5 hours before the game.

Traffic gets pretty backed up with the diehards lining up to grab the prime spots in the lots, but if you drive up at 8:30 (for a noon game) you will get a good spot with no waiting.
So for Sunday night football get there about 4pm?
Old 09-11-2012   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Green Bay Packers
Sun, 10/14 at 7:20 PM CDT

You made me go look. I have no idea how they are going to handle that 20 min. Since it is a night game, it may be extra crazy. 3:30 or 4 depending on how strict they are about opening the gates.
Old 09-11-2012   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You are more than welccome to come by the Blue Crew tailgate if you don't want to set up your own. Are you local or coming from OOT?

GlassHalfFull (Katie) and I (Sandy) are members of the Blue Crew! All of us welcome opposing teams fans and love to visit! GB is always very well represented by their fans, so you will find lots of fans hanging out around the various lots. You and your family are certainly welcome to join in the fun!

We are located on the Platinum lot, which as Katie mentioned, is the only lot with assigned parking, and we can start tailgating 5hrs before the game. Maps and directions will be discussed prior to the game, so keep tuning in to TexansTalk as we get closer. We'll get ya all set up for some top notch TEXAN tailgating!

Just FYI also. For the past 3 years we have been voted as the #1 BEST tailgating in the NFL! I think you will be in for a real TEXAN treat!! Hopefully, the weather will be beautiful on Oct 14th. It can get very HOT in Sept and Oct.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2012   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey guys! I'm going to the game vs the Packers in October. I am a Packers fan. Yes I know. Sorry! I have a few questions for you guys.

I really want to tailgate and was wondering how welcoming the home crowd is to an away team fan? I went the game a few years back when the Packers came to town but was too afraid to tailgate lol.

Also can people just tailgate without going to the game? I only have two tickets to the game for me and my brother but he was wondering if his friends can tailgate with us.

Well, I'm part Packer fan this season as half of my fantasy team has Packers on it (Rodgers, Nelson, Finley). So a nice 45-40 Texans win on 10/14 will work just fine for me.

Quote:

Good advice here. We are welcoming to visiting fans, as I would assume is the case for most in most cities. But like everywhere else you have your A-holes. I don't see it as being much of a problem though as I expect at least 35-40% of the fans there will be cheeseheads. That's about how it was last time they were here.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Texans fans are probably some of the more laid back in my opinion. Other fans may disagree. There are knuckleheads at games though. I won't tell you that you won't run into that potentially. I think if you're relaxed and ignore any obnoxious crazy fans that are looking for a fight you should be fine. It's the opposing fans that act really obnoxious and loud and beg for the "back and forth" rhetoric that usually find problems. Hope this helps.

Post in here and talk to the Blue Crew. They are generally very welcoming to out of town tailgaters.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Green Bay Packers
Sun, 10/14 at 7:20 PM CDT

You made me go look. I have no idea how they are going to handle that 20 min. Since it is a night game, it may be extra crazy. 3:30 or 4 depending on how strict they are about opening the gates.
Because of the overflow, I would assume they would use 7:00p as the benchmark for Lot openings.
Old 09-11-2012   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Post in here and talk to the Blue Crew. They are generally very welcoming to out of town tailgaters.
This is FACT!!!!
Old 09-11-2012   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome welcome welcome!!

Don't be afraid to tailgate and please DO accept the Blue Crew's invitation to attend their tailgate. Great food, great friends, and great times. Chock full of people there for the love of being around others. 5'1 120? We gotta put a muzzle on Bill for that day though.

It's pretty much open parking in most lots. Get a pass and park anywhere. There are those who "hold" spaces but it's really open parking.

I don't know what time they will open the gates but you need to be there the second they open them. Tailgating here is quite an experience and takes up the full time allocated prior to the game. Don't be thinking you'll get here a couple hours before the game and get to tailgate. This place is big.
Old 09-11-2012   #13
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

You might get some rats trying to run up to the top of your cheeseheads trying to eat that cheese........lmao
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #14
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
You are more than welccome to come by the Blue Crew tailgate if you don't want to set up your own. Are you local or coming from OOT?

GlassHalfFull (Katie) and I (Sandy) are members of the Blue Crew! All of us welcome opposing teams fans and love to visit! GB is always very well represented by their fans, so you will find lots of fans hanging out around the various lots. You and your family are certainly welcome to join in the fun!

We are located on the Platinum lot, which as Katie mentioned, is the only lot with assigned parking, and we can start tailgating 5hrs before the game. Maps and directions will be discussed prior to the game, so keep tuning in to TexansTalk as we get closer. We'll get ya all set up for some top notch TEXAN tailgating!

Just FYI also. For the past 3 years we have been voted as the #1 BEST tailgating in the NFL! I think you will be in for a real TEXAN treat!! Hopefully, the weather will be beautiful on Oct 14th. It can get very HOT in Sept and Oct.
Thanks Sandy! I'm actually from Victoria which is about two hours from Houston so I'll be driving in. Packer fans usually do have a good turnout for out of town games. We have a pretty big following. I went to the game several years back and there were plenty. Got to see David Carr drive up in his longhorn cadillac. Gorgeous!

I'll talk to my brother and see if he wants to do his own setup or check out others. Thanks again!
Old 09-11-2012   #15
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Texans fans are probably some of the more laid back in my opinion. Other fans may disagree. There are knuckleheads at games though. I won't tell you that you won't run into that potentially. I think if you're relaxed and ignore any obnoxious crazy fans that are looking for a fight you should be fine. It's the opposing fans that act really obnoxious and loud and beg for the "back and forth" rhetoric that usually find problems. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I'm not much into the "back and forth" rhetoric. Blue Crew has already hit me up
Old 09-11-2012   #16
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Because of the overflow, I would assume they would use 7:00p as the benchmark for Lot openings.
I'm sorry alittle confused by this. What do you mean by lot openings?
Old 09-11-2012   #17
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Welcome welcome welcome!!

Don't be afraid to tailgate and please DO accept the Blue Crew's invitation to attend their tailgate. Great food, great friends, and great times. Chock full of people there for the love of being around others. 5'1 120? We gotta put a muzzle on Bill for that day though.

It's pretty much open parking in most lots. Get a pass and park anywhere. There are those who "hold" spaces but it's really open parking.

I don't know what time they will open the gates but you need to be there the second they open them. Tailgating here is quite an experience and takes up the full time allocated prior to the game. Don't be thinking you'll get here a couple hours before the game and get to tailgate. This place is big.
I will definitely take their invitation into consideration. I do want to get there as early as possible to experience everything. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-11-2012   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Platinum lot opens 5 hours prior for tailgating for those with a platinum pass.

All other lots open 4 hours prior for tailgating for those with parking passes

ALL lots open 3 1/2 hours prior for pedestrian tailgating traffic for those with gameday tickets or a tailgate pass.
Old 09-11-2012   #19
mistylynn0211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
You might get some rats trying to run up to the top of your cheeseheads trying to eat that cheese........lmao
Lol! Never was a fan of that big block of cheese. Just doesn't go with my outfit!
Old 09-11-2012   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Meaning Platinum Lot, which opens up an hour before any other lot would be honored to have y'all come by and visit us!!! That said, what I'm saying is, if it's 7:20 kick-off you could probably enter at 2:00pm.., not 2:20p, or the other lots 3:00/3:20 time slots.

*EDIT*
Sorry about the confusion.... I drink a lot of cheese!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read