Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2012   #1
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 248 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Connor Barwin?

What are your thoughts on the guy?

Seemed to disappear in the playoffs against Cinci, don't remember him being much of a factor agianst Baltimore.

Didn't look that great yesterday either. Reason for worry? Is he over-rated? 4 of his sacks did come in one game agaisnt Gabbert...

thoughts?
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #2
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin?

Wouldn't say he is overrated,sometimes you just don't factor into games I'm sure he will be fine and put up numbers 15 regular season games left.
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that it's only a matter of time when Whitney Mercilus replaces him. I think he and Reed are both strong side guys.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a huge fan of any of the edge rushers we have really. I like barwin, but I'm with vinny. I think he'd look better playing with a true weakside pass rusher. I'm not convinced merciless is that guy, but he looks more explosive coming off the edge than anyone else I've seen besides watt.

I liked the look I saw yesterday with watt at end and smith at dt when they were rushing the passer.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #5
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for Barwin to rack up two or three sacks against Gabbert this Sunday.
Old 09-10-2012   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not a huge fan of any of the edge rushers we have really. I like barwin, but I'm with vinny. I think he'd look better playing with a true weakside pass rusher. I'm not convinced merciless is that guy, but he looks more explosive coming off the edge than anyone else I've seen besides watt.

I liked the look I saw yesterday with watt at end and smith at dt when they were rushing the passer.
I think their best look is when Watt is playing the 3 Technique and Barwin at the 5.

Old 09-10-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on how they gameplan our defense. Connor is a stud -- I think I'd point my offense toward Reed/Mercilus if choosing my poisin.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2012   #8
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Barwin put on weight since last year ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #9
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Has Barwin put on weight since last year ?
Ya he is 270,before he was 255 or 260 a lot of people say that's why he isn't the same he lost quickness and acceleration. it's just one game to me.
Old 09-10-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think that it's only a matter of time when Whitney Mercilus replaces him. I think he and Reed are both strong side guys.
I agree.

Didn't think he disappeared in the play-offs though.
Old 09-10-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Ya he is 270,before he was 255 or 260 a lot of people say that's why he isn't the same he lost quickness and acceleration. it's just one game to me.
Why would he gain weight if he's going to play the weakside?
Old 09-10-2012   #12
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
He bulked up and then worried that the weight might make him lose a step. I've watched him very closely and he looks to me like he has.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

More than a good chance that Barwin won't be a Texan. We drafted Mercilus for a reason. Not because Connor isn't a good player, but because of simple financial sense....

BTW, It's a good thing whenever you have to part with good players, especially well liked players... You know what that means?? It means you're probably a pretty good football team.

That said, I hope the Texans can somehow get really..... REALLY creative and get him re-signed!!
Old 09-10-2012   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
More than a good chance that Barwin won't be a Texan. We drafted Mercilus for a reason. Not because Connor isn't a good player, but because of simple financial sense....

BTW, It's a good thing whenever you have to part with good players, especially well liked players... You know what that means?? It means you're probably a pretty good football team.

That said, I hope the Texans can somehow get really..... REALLY creative and get him re-signed!!
I think Barwin gets franchised if they cant work something out ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #15
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Why would he gain weight if he's going to play the weakside?
Hey I'm not the coaches or Barwin I just know he bulked up?
Old 09-10-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If weight is an issue that can be corrected probably easier than gaining
Old 09-10-2012   #17
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
He bulked up and then worried that the weight might make him lose a step. I've watched him very closely and he looks to me like he has.
He didn't say bulking up would slow him down. I said a lot of people blamed his weight gain for the reason he hasn't been effective so far. I can't say anything about it I haven't really watched him I think he will be fine but we will see.
Old 09-10-2012   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

time for Foster to start sharing recipes with Barwin I guess.

Old 09-10-2012   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers have let a bunch of LBs walk in the last 20 years .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Steelers have let a bunch of LBs walk in the last 20 years .
They also hit on a couple of UDFAs.... I think we need to get to tha point, or at least have Reed repeat his rookie year, before we go discarding decent/good players.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read