Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-10-2012   #41
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
Fixed it for ya. He was made filthy rich by the Texans.

And never say ever again

I bet he's already blown threw all the money the Texans gave him.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #42
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Why cause it shows we made the right decision to let him move on and that we see the same thing as we've always seem. A dominant physique and skillset that plays about 50% of the time, aka no heart.
whooooosh
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #43
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Why cause it shows we made the right decision to let him move on and that we see the same thing as we've always seem. A dominant physique and skillset that plays about 50% of the time, aka no heart.
That's what I said about Mario the entire time he was here. Can't count the times Dale and I were either laughed at or spewed at for pointing out the obvious with Mario. He is going to really stink in Buffalo. They're going to be really bad for years, and he'll hate that cold weather over there. He'll be cut after his 3rd season there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #44
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Mario and the Bills all the best but like I said in the Jacoby Jones thread, a Zebra don't change his stripes. Mario is what he is, an overhyped talented player who doesn't always play up to his potential. He takes plays off and sometimes takes games off.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Bills Fan!

Quote:
Posted by Billsnation2010
Are you kidding me, someone talks and you're brain washed after a game? LOL If I am not mistaken he was drafted #1 overall by a poor Houston Texans Defensive team, he was it with a bunch of ok guys. They built that defense around Mario Williams, they became great because of him. He has not played in almost a season, ok he is making what 96 M to play like a madman I understand that but you are not paying him are you? So let things play out before we go calling this anything more than a guy trying to get his sea legs back.
Yo dumbass, the defense wasn't good until that "almost a season" he didn't play...
Old 09-11-2012   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing the Bills fan base isn't the most intelligent in the league:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills
To be fair, this is the first live action he's seen in nearly 13 months. I don't expect guys to come back in game ready shape after missing 11 games last year.
Didn't Marion go out in the 5th game of the season?? Obvioulsy, but wouldn't that be less than even 12 months ago???
Old 09-11-2012   #47
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Didn't Marion go out in the 5th game of the season?? Obvioulsy, but wouldn't that be less than even 12 months ago???
You need to understand that Buffalo is much further north than we are, which means that their rotation period around the sun is longer than ours. Ergo, from Oct 2011 to Sept 2011 may only be 11 months for us, but it is 13 months for them.

for those who missed it.
Old 09-11-2012   #48
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
You need to understand that Buffalo is much further north than we are, which means that their rotation period around the sun is longer than ours. Ergo, from Oct 2011 to Sept 2011 may only be 11 months for us, but it is 13 months for them.

for those who missed it.
To be fair.. watching a game, waiting for MW to earn his paycheck can feel like an eternity, thus the time continuum factor can feasibly stretch 11 months into 13, just from a single game. Remember... Us Texans fans have had 6 seasons to adjust to this. Poor Bills fans.. they know not what they do.
Old 09-11-2012   #49
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Mario becoming the next Hainesworth? Big signing, no show on the turf! Sucks when they hit pay dirt and "retire" mentally. Bills fans are using excuses because they are afraid his big contract, will suck a lot of cap $ for future contracts. Its a make or break on his signing. So far...not good.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #50
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite quote from a Bills fan was something along the lines of 'Mario has a major disadvantage when it comes to the pass rush...he has to keep one hand in his pocket to keep his money from falling out...'

Another interesting article:

http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14203249
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #51
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

I just watched the Bills replay. I saw Mario put one his on the qb just after the ball was gone. I saw a couple of running plays that mario disrupted. Sanchez was getting the ball off pretty quick and the game was over just after halftime. I saw about 3 plays he was a factor in. Thats $333,000 per play if he gets his entire $96,000,000.

Mario will show up big in about 1/3 of the games this year. Either he will have a matchup he likes(although I'm not sure what he did'nt like about this match up). Maybe he will have a bad week and want to take his frustration out on someone(although with all that money it might be hard to have a bad week). I'm sure he will find some reason to play good occasionally, just like he did here.
Old 09-11-2012   #52
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

It looks like year-wise he was counting backwards from the last previous year, so I think he might actually be right.
Old 09-11-2012   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Kubiak is a coach down in Texas
You know he knows just exactly what the cap is
He ain't gonna listen to richard justice
He makes his livin' off of the people's Texans

Mario in blue, whoa, whoa, he slipped away
Vince Young caught up to him the very next day
They got the money, hey
You know they got away
They're not down south and they're still running today
Singin' go on take the money and run
Go on take the money and run
Truer words have never been spoken about MW. Go count your $$$$$ MW.

Repped
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #54
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Did Jared Allen play today? Because I can't find his name in the box scores.... Not even an assist.

Must have took the day off. Damn Defensive End.
What does this have to do with MW, his play or his complaing about the officials? I'm glad MW's Buffalo's problem now.

100 mil= LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #55
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

More:
Quote:
Defensive Line

Mario Williams
Time on Field: 90.5% snaps played; 57 at LDE
Stats: 1 tackle (solo)
Plus/Minus: -7 (5 positive plays, 12 negative plays)

Observations: The Bills biggest free agent acquisition was also the player that had the worst grade of any defensive lineman on the team. While Williams had a nice inside rip move before getting double teamed and also a solid speed rush at the end of the first half, by and large Williams just did not get the job done. His normal move was to try and go wide, which took him out of the play in stopping the run. There were also a few times where he was gobbled up on run plays in a one-on-one matchup against a tight end.

Grade: C- (1.67 GPA)
http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14203249

Rodney Harrison says Mario will disappear, fall off the face of the earth:
Quote:
"He's financially set. So to come out as a free agent and decide to spend the prime time -- basically my prime years -- with the Buffalo Bills, you're not going to make the playoffs. You're not going to the Super Bowl."

Harrison, twice an All-Pro safety, spent the first nine years of his career with the San Diego Chargers and then signed with the New England Patriots in 2003 for the chance to win Super Bowls. He has two rings.

"They're not very good," Harrison continued on the Bills. "They don't have a franchise quarterback. The Patriots will always dominate that division. The Jets will always be second.

"So my point here is you go out and get a $100 million deal, well, wouldn't you've taken $80 million and gone somewhere where you could have been competitive each and every week? I just think this is a huge mistake for Mario Williams.

"Mark my words: He will get lost in the shuffle. He'll probably fall off the face of the earth."
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...oney-grab.html

Very interesting revenge matchup this week for Mario: Eric Winston & the Chiefs!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #56
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
I feel the same way(bolded statement). The media coverage bothered me more than it should have, but I'm glad to see Buffalo fan is getting to see the other side of this double-edged sword.
I second those feelings. I even called into Sirius and tried to make the same complaint and they hung up on me so that I wouldn't finish my argument. But they were screaming Buffalo is now a Super Bowl contender and they were doing it all week.

But no mention of the dominant performance that JJ Watt put on this past Sunday at all. That's okay. I'll take less media and more wins anyday.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

for those who missed it.
That was awesome, right there!!!

MSR!!
Old 09-11-2012   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Lemme be "on pace guy" for a minute. Marion is "on pace" to make a $1,000,000.00 per tackle!
Old 09-11-2012   #59
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I still expect Mario will have 10-12 sacks, but he'll be the same old MW doing it. Great game here and there with a lot of mediocre ones in between. Hell, he might have multiple sacks in a few games, but with a lot of plays off in between. It's who he is.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #60
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ doesn't miss him.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read