Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2012   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 21 pts in 4(?) minutes

Quote:
Shayne Graham tied it with a 35-yard field goal. On Miami's next series, Watt deflected Tannehill's pass at the line, and Brian Cushing came down with another interception. Schaub converted a third down with a 24-yard pass to Johnson, and Foster weaved for a 14-yard touchdown to put Houston in front.

Watt swatted Tannehill's next pass and cornerback Kareem Jackson came down with it at the Miami 27. Richard Marshall then was called for pass interference and Foster plowed into the end zone from the 1.

Tannehill handed off on Miami's next play from scrimmage, but that didn't work for the floundering Dolphins, either. Daniel Thomas fumbled and Danieal Manning recovered at the Dolphins 31 with 28 seconds left before halftime. Schaub threw a pinpoint pass to the end zone for Johnson, who outmuscled Sean Smith for a 24-3 halftime lead.
link

Does anyone know how much time was left when the fun started?

After the Kareem interception, I told my husband we should hurry up and score so we had time for another one. Little did I know I was being serious.

That was one of the crazier sport 4 min (or so) that I have ever witnessed.
Old 09-10-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 21 pts in 4(?) minutes

2nd Quarter
  • FG @ 6:12 Shayne Graham makes a 35 yard kick. Drive: 4 plays, -10 yards in 1:11.
  • TD @ 1:53 Arian Foster runs for 14 yards (Shayne Graham kick is good). Drive: 7 plays, 54 yards in 2:07.
  • TD @ 0:43 Arian Foster runs for 2 yards (Shayne Graham kick is good). Drive: 2 plays, 27 yards in 0:53.
  • TD @ 0:07 Andre Johnson catches a 14 yard pass from Matt Schaub (Shayne Graham kick is good). Drive: 3 plays, 31 yards in 0:21.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's 3 TDs in less than 2 minutes.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Faster than the Rosencopter game!! I think the Colts scored 3 in about 2 and a half minutes.
Old 09-10-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I found a replay video, the Cushing interception was at the 4:02 mark.

3 scores in 2 minutes. I knew it was crazy.
Old 09-10-2012   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Faster than the Rosencopter game!! I think the Colts scored 3 in about 2 and a half minutes.
Now that was just mean to bring that up here
Old 09-10-2012   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Now that was just mean to bring that up here
Nonononono... I meant that it is liberating that we did it faster than that day! I still have nightmares of 2:21 remaining and a 3 score lead.
Old 09-10-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Two minutes looking like the high powered sports car .... Fifty eight minutes looking like a broken down rust bucket.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Funny you say that because my brother and I were talking about how we still didn't look so good but he brought up that The Texans have become a good team with a good defense and what we did today is what good teams do, win by making the other team pay for mistakes. Just like Indy used to do us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

A few years ago, our offense didn't score much. BUT it marched the ball up and down the field and had more long drives than anyone else in the league. Part of that was because our defense didn't force turnovers and our offense was almost always starting at their own 20 yard line.

And we said that if this offense got better starting position, it would be sick.

That's what we saw, yesterday. Our offense was impressive with the short field to work with.

That was an amazing display in a short period of time.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I found this while lurking on the Phinsboard

Quote:
In an opening game, or in any game for that matter, one bad drive can prove costly. If you have a mad five minutes akin to what the Dolphins suffered at the end of the second quarter in Houston, then you are dooming yourself to defeat. Some bad bounces and some poor execution led to the Dolphins squandering what was shaping up to be a solid debut for Head Coach Joe Philbin and quarterback Ryan Tannehill.
Remember when that was us? Not too long ago really..... 2010. We would think, "Hey, we're actually doing pretty good. We might win thi... oh my."
Old 09-10-2012   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Remember when that was us? Not too long ago really..... 2010. We would think, "Hey, we're actually doing pretty good. We might win thi... oh my."
That's such a horrible feeling when things are going good and ... then... everything goes sideways for a little bit and by the time you get it under control again, you're doomed. You play someone close for 55 minutes but there are 5 minutes where all hell breaks loose. "We were THIS close!?"

I much prefer being on the other side of those games.
Old 09-10-2012   #13
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I MUCH prefer being on this end of the meltdowns!!!
Old 09-10-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"21 pts in 4(?) minutes"

I remember watching the Texans and wondering if they'd score 21 points in 4 weeks.

Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad back in the day but I was cruising through some old 2003 games I found on DVD (The resolution was horrible) and it sure seemed like it was that bad.

It's so much more fun to watch the Texans today!
Old 09-10-2012   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
"21 pts in 4(?) minutes"

I remember watching the Texans and wondering if they'd score 21 points in 4 weeks.

Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad back in the day but I was cruising through some old 2003 games I found on DVD (The resolution was horrible) and it sure seemed like it was that bad.

It's so much more fun to watch the Texans today!
Back in those days, our QB spent more time examining the grass than reading the D.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

When it was 17-3 and the Dolphins got the ball back, I told my wife that if I was Philbin, I'd just take a knee and go in to the locker room to regroup.

And then... BAM... Glover Quin! Woot!
Old 09-10-2012   #17
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
2nd Quarter
FG @ 6:12 Shayne Graham makes a 35 yard kick. Drive: 4 plays, -10 yards in 1:11.

Quote:
TD @ 1:53 Arian Foster runs for 14 yards (Shayne Graham kick is good). Drive: 7 plays, 54 yards in 2:07.

Quote:
TD @ 0:43 Arian Foster runs for 2 yards (Shayne Graham kick is good). Drive: 2 plays, 27 yards in 0:53.

Quote:
TD @ 0:07 Andre Johnson catches a 14 yard pass from Matt Schaub (Shayne Graham kick is good). Drive: 3 plays, 31 yards in 0:21.

Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read