Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2012   #21
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt: All-Pro DE

I have been dreading the sophomoric wall. Looks like he just kicked a big hole in it.
Old 09-09-2012   #22
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone can get me a .gif of that little head shake/finger wag he did after knocking that ball away, I would love you forever and ever. I just want to watch that on an endless loop, it was so adorable.

jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
If anyone can get me a .gif of that little head shake/finger wag he did after knocking that ball away, I would love you forever and ever. I just want to watch that on an endless loop, it was so adorable.

What time/quarter was it?
Old 09-09-2012   #24
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 13222 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Definitely. Only thing stopping him from having a amazing career is injury.
Why must you mention things like this...
Old 09-09-2012   #25
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What time/quarter was it?
Oh, man...making me think. I know it was after his first tip, but I can't remember when exactly it was.
Old 09-09-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, man...making me think. I know it was after his first tip, but I can't remember when exactly it was.
Did it lead to Cushing's INT? Just need something to help pin it down. I'll
Have the broadcast tomorrow.

FYI, if anyone has gif requests, pm me the time and quarter and I can make them fairly quickly.
Old 09-09-2012   #27
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10886 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Cool Re: JJ Watt: All-Pro DE

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=P0gsgyY_QW0
Old 09-09-2012   #28
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Quote:

FYI, if anyone has gif requests, pm me the time and quarter and I can make them fairly quickly.
No, it was just a tip. No one got a turnover from it. I'll check my hubby's pictures when he get's them up...he said he got a picture of it, and I can probably figure it out from there. He's watermarking them now, and should have them up in a bit.
Old 09-09-2012   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was on quick out to Hartline in the 2nd quarter. It looked close to being a backwards pass. A couple of plays later, Watt tipped the pass that Cushing came up with.
Old 09-09-2012   #30
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It was on quick out to Hartline in the 2nd quarter. It looked close to being a backwards pass. A couple of plays later, Watt tipped the pass that Cushing came up with.
Thanks Lucky!
Old 09-09-2012   #31
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt is the MF'n man!

The Texans have found themselves a special player. He takes over games and swings momentum in our favor. He did it in the Bengals playoff game and he did it again today.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #32
wtp
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 wtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a monster. If he keeps it up he'll be one of the best DE's in the league.
wtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Without Watt, this would have been an ugly win. One. Man. Defense.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #34
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Watt's Mutombo imitation. I loved it.
Old 09-10-2012   #35
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Watt won't win MVP, DPOY, or even the weekly award. You know why? When they showed the highlights for the Texans game on NFLN, they showed the two tips for INTs and mentioned Cushing and Kareem Jackson. Not one mention of Watt, nor did they show his sacks. To the casual observer outside Houston, Watt doesn't exist. And it's a crying shame because every other player on defense yesterday was not performing to Watt's level until he kickstarted things. The man is a beast, a motivator, and the catalyst that gets things rolling for that defense.

Not. One. Mention.

Old 09-10-2012   #36
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Watt won't win MVP, DPOY, or even the weekly award. You know why? When they showed the highlights for the Texans game on NFLN, they showed the two tips for INTs and mentioned Cushing and Kareem Jackson. Not one mention of Watt, nor did they show his sacks. To the casual observer outside Houston, Watt doesn't exist. And it's a crying shame because every other player on defense yesterday was not performing to Watt's level until he kickstarted things. The man is a beast, a motivator, and the catalyst that gets things rolling for that defense.

Not. One. Mention.

I think that they likely attribute Watt's 3 batted passes to Tannehill more than anything else.

I tried looking up the record for most batted passes in the NFL but I am having no luck. Watt has been on a tear with batted passes over his last 3-4 games. I bet his is one of the most ever. I've never seen anything like it before. I think another game like this and the talking heads will be Watt this and that.
Old 09-10-2012   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I think that they likely attribute Watt's 3 batted passes to Tannehill more than anything else.

I tried looking up the record for most batted passes in the NFL but I am having no luck. Watt has been on a tear with batted passes over his last 3-4 games. I bet his is one of the most ever. I've never seen anything like it before.
Yep. It's no coincidence. The man has a feel for it and studies QBs to try and improve upon it. It's every bit as disruptive a play as a sack when it doesn't go for an INT. When it does ... well, 3 scores in 2 minutes, LOL.
Old 09-10-2012   #38
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

A great team always got one really special player on D side that can able to change the game and I believe we have that special player in JJ Watt!!!

Thank you JJ!!! You made my day!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #39
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

lost in the swatts is he also lead the team with 2 sacks (only credited with 1.5?), huge for a 34 defensive end.
Old 09-10-2012   #40
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
it's been 26 years since a defensive player won an MVP. if jj "unblockable" watt doesnt win it this year, it means he got hurt at some point, or got robbed at the end.

Lets not get waaayyy ahead of ourselves here. It was one game and wouldnt be enough for league MVP
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read