Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2012   #21
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Funny tweet from LZ.

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Bills fans getting a taste of what Mario Williams occasionally brings to the table.... 1 tackle, no sacks and no pressure

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say this, but I'm glad to see it. It seemed to me the press thought very little of him for his entire tenure in Houston and the minute he goes to Buffalo it's HOLY CRAP Buffalo is a contender.

Mario does do this from time to time but usually while he's taking on two blockers so his mates can do their thing.
Old 09-09-2012   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is a coach down in Texas
You know he knows just exactly what the cap is
He ain't gonna listen to richard justice
He makes his livin' off of the people's Texans

Mario in blue, whoa, whoa, he slipped away
Vince Young caught up to him the very next day
They got the money, hey
You know they got away
They're not down south and they're still running today
Singin' go on take the money and run
Go on take the money and run
Old 09-09-2012   #24
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I was always skeptical of Mario's play. He'd show flashes of greatness, then fall a sleep for whole games.

Mario played his best football in the final year of his contract. Now that he's been paid, you won't see him again until the final year of this contract.

Good luck Bills, you're going to need it.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #25
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

More important than his performance was the complaining about the officials. Really bad timing for that, imo.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #26
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I caught some of the game late & Mario seemed very sluggish & unmotivated. Buffalo was within 2 scores & had about 5-6 minutes left. I guess he just shut it down early. I'm very disappointed, because I always liked him & couldn't fault him for accepting a $100+ million contract. However, I'm a firm believer in earning the money you're paid.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Did Jared Allen play today? Because I can't find his name in the box scores.... Not even an assist.

Must have took the day off. Damn Defensive End.
Old 09-09-2012   #28
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

well, he ended his career with a big paycheck. the bills may flounder, but as long as they sell lamborghini's in new york, mario will be just fine.
Old 09-09-2012   #29
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bills LE Mario Williams was held to a single tackle in his Buffalo debut.
Mario also got just one hit on Mark Sanchez, after Sanchez released the ball. Williams was "furious" after the game about the replacement refs' no-calls of alleged penalties by Jets RT Austin Howard. "Pass blocking doesn't include hands to the face," Williams said. "When someone tells the officials that, and they just walk away, or they don't call it, that is disheartening.
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3636/mario-williams

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I caught some of the game late & Mario seemed very sluggish & unmotivated. Buffalo was within 2 scores & had about 5-6 minutes left. I guess he just shut it down early. I'm very disappointed, because I always liked him & couldn't fault him for accepting a $100+ million contract. However, I'm a firm believer in earning the money you're paid.
Are you talking about Albert???
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He's filthy rich now, he isn't going to try hard ever again.

I always thought there was something a bit off about Mario. Sure, he never caused problems in Houston. He was chill. But yet he never really stood out, never seemed to make others better.

When was he ever helping out those around him, getting them in position and making them hustle up and stuff??? Instead, he looked like a Lone Ranger to me. Lone wolf.

So, no surprise that he gets a huge payday and goes AWOL in the first game. Bills fans are not going to be happy. He'll have some injury, and the story will be that "maybe Mario was just hurt and he'll come back stronger when he's healed up." Yeah, sure he will....
Old 09-09-2012   #32
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

weve known mario isnt a game changer, he sprinkles in multi-sack games here and there. big games he disappears..

Last edited by Premier; 09-09-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #33
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Why bump a thread and pile on a guy that didn't even play today?

[okay so I stole that from a bills forum (: ]
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #34
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topi...e/page__st__40

Ouch lol..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #35
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
Why bump a thread and pile on a guy that didn't even play today?

[okay so I stole that from a bills forum (: ]
Why cause it shows we made the right decision to let him move on and that we see the same thing as we've always seem. A dominant physique and skillset that plays about 50% of the time, aka no heart.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey! That guy who controlled Mario was cheating the whole game and the refs blew it:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ment-refs-loss
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Oh, the horror...
Quote:
Looks just like he did in the pre-season. Slow,out of shape. Take the money and run. Couldn`t beat a scrub lineman.Just start watching him giving up on plays.
Quote:
Ever wonder why the Texans did not resign him? Mario Williams is no Bruce Smith. He was a lamb today.
The entire defense was no better than last years defense. Our defense is a paper tiger.Useless, impotent,
no pass rush, we scare nobody, an utter**waste of a 100 million dollars.And Chan Gailey has said all along
that they are way ahead of the offense in training camp? What is he smoking? We were supposed to have the
most dominating defensive line in football. They played like choir girls!!! All of them!
Quote:
At this rate... 0 sacks, 16 tackles... $100 million seems worth it!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #38
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Peter King's assessment on MMQB:

Goat of the Week
Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo.
You can excuse a preseason of no production, because no one cares about the preseason. But no team had the kind of crisis the Jets had at right tackle in the preseason, dumping starter Wayne Hunter in favor of the untested Austin Howard, and on Sunday, Williams got nothing done playing across from Howard. This much of nothing: one tackle, zero sacks, zero quarterback hits. A pathetic opening display for a man who will make $40 million over the first two years ($1.18 million for his no-show Sunday) of a six-year, $96 million deal.

Ouch.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #39
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He's filthier richer now, he isn't going to try hard once again.

I always thought there was something a bit off about Mario. Sure, he never caused problems in Houston. He was chill. But yet he never really stood out, never seemed to make others better.

When was he ever helping out those around him, getting them in position and making them hustle up and stuff??? Instead, he looked like a Lone Ranger to me. Lone wolf.

So, no surprise that he gets a huge payday and goes AWOL in the first game. Bills fans are not going to be happy. He'll have some injury, and the story will be that "maybe Mario was just hurt and he'll come back stronger when he's healed up." Yeah, sure he will....

Fixed it for ya. He was made filthy rich by the Texans.

And never say ever again

Old 09-10-2012   #40
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I hate to say this, but I'm glad to see it. It seemed to me the press thought very little of him for his entire tenure in Houston and the minute he goes to Buffalo it's HOLY CRAP Buffalo is a contender.

Mario does do this from time to time but usually while he's taking on two blockers so his mates can do their thing.
I feel the same way(bolded statement). The media coverage bothered me more than it should have, but I'm glad to see Buffalo fan is getting to see the other side of this double-edged sword.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read