Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2012   #61
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster & Reed both leave practice (*update* game time decisions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Foster's eating plenty of amino acids, which means, his body is intelligent
enough to assemble its own proteins. Muscle growth is far more efficient
from eating amino acids in their naturally balanced state (i.e. raw fruits,
raw veggies, raw soaked nuts and seeds), than from eating the flesh
of vegetarian animals (cow, chickens, buffalo, etc.)

The vegan diet provides the nutrition, without the pollution eating meats,
refined grains, refined starches, and refined fat does. Refineries pollute
the planet. Refined "foodstuffs" pollute the body. Nature isnt' dumb.
Arrogant human beings are just plain stupid. To my man Arian Foster:

GO HEAD, BRUH!! DO YO THANG!!

/rant
Give me some meat!!! Not beef so much, but chicken/fish make the world go around. (For me)

If that makes me arrogant (As some on this MB have said) then so be it. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #62
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I could never give up meat. I have steaks marinating right now for tomorrow and Sunday. But I applaud him for trying to improve his overall health.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #63
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster & Reed both leave practice (precautionary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Perfectly calm here...
This site really does have some nifty emoticons doesn't it?

kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #64
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Kubiak blowing more smoke up our ass. Nothing to see here.
Old 09-07-2012   #65
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Kubiak blowing more smoke up our ass. Nothing to see here.
Probably more like up Philbin's ass, but I completely agree. I would be extremely surprised if either one of those didn't play.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #66
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Isn't everybody here Vegan? That seems to be the Fab these days. If I had to estimate, I'd probably guess 75 % of the posters on TexansTalk are Vegan including myself.
All I know is...

When I was sitting in a surgeon's office, for the pre-surgury consult,
I happened to have been studying natural remedies for disease and ailments.
It dawned on me, that disease, and cure to dis-ease, come from the same
place. The Diet. Medical doctors risk getting their licenses ripped if they
dare discuss nutrition, or make recommendations of which herbs to take.

Allopathic Medicine, in America especially, is a hustle. Profit is the primary
motive, followed by (maybe) your health. YOU must be responsible for the
advice YOU listen to. Most patients simply do WHATEVER the doctor says
without thinking for SELF.

When my studies inspired certain questions I posed to the surgeon, and
she "hemmed and hawed," rather than engage in an HONEST discussion
regarding MY HEALTH. I knew I was on the right road. I walked the hell out
of her office. She was trying to push drugs on me harder than Ron Oneal
in "Superfly."

Six months after creating MY OWN regimen, which consisted of RAW fruits
of ALL varieties, and the greenest RAW veggies I could find, and soaked RAW
nuts and seeds, the problems I went to see the surgeon for WERE GONE.

Don't FOLLOW anybody. Don't look for anyone to TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.
Exercise your ability to THINK FOR YOUR DAMN SELF. It's your health,
which takes away from THEIR WEALTH. Peddling sickness is the #1 business
in America, and until you raise your consciousness, you will continue to be
the cash cow for this industry.

/rant
Old 09-08-2012   #67
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1017 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

They will be starting Sunday...the foods you eat make alot of differance..half the kids in America dont even eat fruit..........
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Re status of Foster:

* Injury Report lists him as questionable (per HT.com)

* MRI "checked out fine" (per Kubiak)

* "Itís not my knee. Itís around the knee area." (per Foster)

* Didn't practice Friday

Even though Foster and Tate have some differences in their running style and have some differences in their non-running skills, the limited tools available to the Dolphins defense will not result in their ability to adjust to any of these differences. If the knee situation was deemed such that it merited an MRI on Wednesday and there was still swelling yesterday, Foster should be rested. We are fortunate to have 2 backup talents that afford a third a rest when needed. Foster's presence or absence in this Dolphins' game should make no significant difference in the outcome of this game. If it does, we are not what we think we are, and Houston we've got a problem.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #69
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Every year a backup steps up and becomes a hero!! BRING IT ON BEN!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #70
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Re status of Foster:

* Injury Report lists him as questionable (per HT.com)

* MRI "checked out fine" (per Kubiak)

* "Itís not my knee. Itís around the knee area." (per Foster)

* Didn't practice Friday

Even though Foster and Tate have some differences in their running style and have some differences in their non-running skills, the limited tools available to the Dolphins defense will not result in their ability to adjust to any of these differences. If the knee situation was deemed such that it merited an MRI on Wednesday and there was still swelling yesterday, Foster should be rested. We are fortunate to have 2 backup talents that afford a third a rest when needed. Foster's presence or absence in this Dolphins' game should make no significant difference in the outcome of this game. If it does, we are not what we think we are, and Houston we've got a problem.
I'd sit Foster this week .... no doubt about it. Its a long season , I'd rather have him healthy late than put up meaningless numbers against an inferior team that you should beat handily at home in week one.

The NFL is often a game of attrition .... The teams that are healthy late in the season are often the teams that win it all.

Tate and Forsett can handle the load this week .... Sorry bout your fantasy stats .... but your superbowl dont much matter to me , this team winning one on the other hand ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #71
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I was looking at the injury list, damn we have a lot of probables, ben tate, chris myers, cody, watt, cushing, A.J a few other i cant remember, but damn i know probable means will prob play but lord that was a big list.
Old 09-08-2012   #72
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

We already have a response to your comments by Kubiak:

Foster? Don't worry about Foster, it's just a little swelling.

That is quite a lot of anti-awesome there doc!
Old 09-09-2012   #73
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain in this morning's Chronicle:

Quote:
Will running back Arian Foster and outside linebacker Brooks Reed be able to play? Coach Gary Kubiak said Foster, who has soreness in his ďknee area,Ē and Reed, who has a sore hip, will be game-time decisions. Kubiak said both players will work out on the field before the game, then heíll listen to the doctors and trainers before making a decision. After practice Friday, Kubiak sounded more optimistic about Foster than Reed. They want to avoid a situation like last year when Foster suffered a hamstring injury, returned too soon and aggravated the same injury. If he canít play, Ben Tate will start and Justin Forsett will move up a spot. Rookie Whitney Mercilus would replace Reed.
link

Funny how what should have been the smart decisions comes to the Texans staff too often only through retrospect.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #74
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-09-2012   #75
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Not Today

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read