Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-08-2012   #261
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Which two should I start?

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami
Looking like Turbin will get the bulk of the carries, so Gore & Tate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
How about this. Standard scoring league, who should I have in my flex spot?

Pierre Garcon, or Kendall Wright?
I have Garçon ranked higher.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #262
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Standard league scoring

I have Doug Martin and Steven Jackson starting but what about Shonn Greene over Martin?
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #263
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by potisyourfriend View Post
I have Doug Martin and Steven Jackson starting but what about Shonn Greene over Martin?
I like Martin/Jackson. Have to wonder if Tebow will steal goal line touches from Green. We'll see.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #264
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

peyton manning vs steelers defense (minus clark)
or
joe flacco vs cincinnati

i'm leaning manning because, well it's peyton manning. i also hate qb's against opponents within their division. then again, flacco has looked really good this preseason, especially with the hurry up offense, and i'm betting harbaugh wants to lean on flacco as much as possible early on to build him up this season.
Old 09-08-2012   #265
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
peyton manning vs steelers defense (minus clark)
or
joe flacco vs cincinnati

i'm leaning manning because, well it's peyton manning. i also hate qb's against opponents within their division. then again, flacco has looked really good this preseason, especially with the hurry up offense, and i'm betting harbaugh wants to lean on flacco as much as possible early on to build him up this season.
That's a tough call. Flacco had a passer rating over 100 last year against the Bengals and threw 3 TDs to 1 INT but only a total of 400 yards in two games. OTOH, I think that last game was a gimme game and he didn't play much. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco lights them up.... OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Jacoby Jones. So. There you go.

Peyton? He scares me. If it's the old Peyton, then hell yeah. But it's not the old Peyton and these aren't his old receivers and this isn't his old offense. OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Joel Dreessen. So. There you go.

I'd go Peyton.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #266
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Foster and Stephen Jackson right now as my two starting RBs for tomorrow. Standard scoring settings.

I have a slot open, and have narrowed it down to Darren Sproles or Ben Tate. Sproles is heralded as a solid flex starter mostly because of the amount of targets he gets a game, but I'm worried about how much rust he'll have since he didn't play in the preseason. Tate has the potential to rack up pts tomorrow if Foster is given maybe the 2nd half off.

TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #267
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian Peterson or Stevan Ridley?
Old 09-08-2012   #268
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
I have Foster and Stephen Jackson right now as my two starting RBs for tomorrow. Standard scoring settings.

I have a slot open, and have narrowed it down to Darren Sproles or Ben Tate. Sproles is heralded as a solid flex starter mostly because of the amount of targets he gets a game, but I'm worried about how much rust he'll have since he didn't play in the preseason. Tate has the potential to rack up pts tomorrow if Foster is given maybe the 2nd half off.

If it was PPR, I'd 100% go with Sproles. Since its a standard league I tjink Id run with Tate. Great RBs btw
Old 09-08-2012   #269
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'd watch the lineups right up until kickoff. If AD doesn't get held out, then I'd play him. He's had time to heal that knee, so I think this might be gamesmanship.

I'd keep Ridley on "stash" status until I see him get steady carries.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #270
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd wait on that decision until just before game time. I've got Peterson in one of my leagues (with Tate) and I'm waiting to see if I need to move Tate up into that RB spot (depending on Foster and Peterson's final status tomorrow.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #271
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's a tough call. Flacco had a passer rating over 100 last year against the Bengals and threw 3 TDs to 1 INT but only a total of 400 yards in two games. OTOH, I think that last game was a gimme game and he didn't play much. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco lights them up.... OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Jacoby Jones. So. There you go.

Peyton? He scares me. If it's the old Peyton, then hell yeah. But it's not the old Peyton and these aren't his old receivers and this isn't his old offense. OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Joel Dreessen. So. There you go.

I'd go Peyton.
They dropped Jones, and if Flacco is a good call over Peyton any week they play the Bengals, or any team with a soft secondary. Him and Torrey Smith have the potential to burn that secondary.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #272
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ridley

The Tacks DL is hurting.

Most RB's take a full yr to recover from an ACL and AD blew out both his ACL/MCL. In short AD has to prove he's healthy to me.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #273
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm trying to figure out who is my 2nd RB today. I've got MJD vs. Minnesota and Helu vs. New Orelans.

Helu is probably 2nd on the depth chart, but it's been tough trying to get a read on how much time he'll see with the 3 backs theyve got.

MJD won't get the start today coming off his holdout, but I was thinking he probably gets at least as many touches as Helu and is the better player. I had Helu penciled in and finally caved and swap him for MJD last night.

Thoughts?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #274
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
I'm trying to figure out who is my 2nd RB today. I've got MJD vs. Minnesota and Helu vs. New Orelans.

Helu is probably 2nd on the depth chart, but it's been tough trying to get a read on how much time he'll see with the 3 backs theyve got.

MJD won't get the start today coming off his holdout, but I was thinking he probably gets at least as many touches as Helu and is the better player. I had Helu penciled in and finally caved and swap him for MJD last night.

Thoughts?
Everything I've read is that Jennings is going to get the bulk of the carries but MJD will be the 3rd down back, if its PPR you might still get enough value out of starting him.
Old 09-09-2012   #275
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i like MJD. helu is in a mixed backfield with royster and the other guy (drawing a blank), so there's no telling how many touches he'll see until shanahan makes a decision. MJD on the other hand will probably get more touches if the game's close or they fall behind, and will likely be in on long situations for easy yardage.
Old 09-09-2012   #276
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Wish I had started both!
Old 09-11-2012   #277
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

A Non-PPR league. I need to start 2. Which ones do you think should get the spot

Steven Jackson VS Washington
Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #278
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
A Non-PPR league. I need to start 2. Which ones do you think should get the spot

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

It would be hard to go wrong with any of them. Though if I had to narrow it down, I would drop Bush against a pretty good Raiders defense, and drop Ryan Matthews who is coming off of injury in a pass heavy offense. Jackson is reliable, but if RG3 performs like he did last week I'd expect to see the Rams playing from behind and being forced to pass the ball plenty.

So I guess my money would be on Spiller granted Freddy is on the bench.

My question: I have Marshawn Lynch @ DAL, CJ2K @ SD and Stevan Ridley @ ARI and I'm deciding which 2 to start (my RB1 is Matt Forte @ GB so he's staying in for sure).
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #279
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wish I had started both!
If it makes you feel better I decided to bench Peterson for Deangelo freakin Williams. Also pulled Garcon at the last minute.

Old 09-11-2012   #280
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

I would go with Jackson & Spiller. With Fred Jackson being out over a month Spiller should get plenty of carries. Ryan Mathews' status for the upcoming game is uncertain right now. If he plays I would question him getting the bulk of the carries for SD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
My question: I have Marshawn Lynch @ DAL, CJ2K @ SD and Stevan Ridley @ ARI and I'm deciding which 2 to start (my RB1 is Matt Forte @ GB so he's staying in for sure).
Patriots should have a huge lead so Ridley is tempting, but I would lean towards Lynch.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read