Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-20-2011   #241
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

I made it to the SHIP. Here are my players. Who do you think I should start?

QBs

Drew Brees vs ATL
Matt Hasselbeck vs. Jville
Matt Moore @ New England

RBs
Ray Rice vs. Cleveland
Beanie Wells @ Cincy
Ben Tate @ Indy

WRs
Jordy Nelson vs. Chicago
Julio Jones @ New Orleans
Brandon Marshall @ New England
Jabar Gaffney vs. Minnesota
Vincent Jackson @ Detroit

TEs
Jimmy Graham vs. ATL
Greg Olsen vs. TB

Oh I also have Matt Bryant for my kicker and Chicagos D. Haven't replaced my D all year but Chicago plays Green Bay. Should I make a switch?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #242
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I made it to the SHIP. Here are my players. Who do you think I should start?

QBs

Drew Brees vs ATL
Matt Hasselbeck vs. Jville
Matt Moore @ New England

RBs
Ray Rice vs. Cleveland
Beanie Wells @ Cincy

Ben Tate @ Indy

WRs
Jordy Nelson vs. Chicago
Julio Jones @ New Orleans
Brandon Marshall @ New England
Jabar Gaffney vs. Minnesota
Vincent Jackson @ Detroit

TEs
Jimmy Graham vs. ATL
Greg Olsen vs. TB

Oh I also have Matt Bryant for my kicker and Chicagos D. Haven't replaced my D all year but Chicago plays Green Bay. Should I make a switch?
Bolded assuming your lineup is that way.
Old 12-20-2011   #243
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Bolded assuming your lineup is that way.
Why no Jordy Nelson?
Old 12-20-2011   #244
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Why no Jordy Nelson?
After last week against the Chiefs? That was a baaaaaaaaaad game for them...

The Packers might not even need to win that game or next week. They hold the tiebreaker over the Saints for #1 seed, they didn't play SF so that goes to SOV. The Packers schedule is almost guaranteed to be stronger than SF, so even if they lose out from here they probably still get the #1 seed in the NFC. I don't expect Rodgers to play much if that is the case, probably sit Nelson, Driver and Finley too. No reason to risk guys on meaningless games. Plus the Bears are still in the Wild Card hunt, their defense will be playing like the game matters. I'd avoid Packers this week if possible.
Old 12-20-2011   #245
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the championship game in my fantasy league and I need help deciding which running back to start: Steven Jackson (vs. Steelers) or C.J. Spiller (vs. Denver). Spiller has been playing well and had a big game last week in terms of fantasy points. Steven Jackson has been reliable but he goes up against the Steelers defense. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might be able to provide!
Old 12-20-2011   #246
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm in the championship game of in my fantasy league and I need help deciding which running back to start: Steven Jackson (vs. Steelers) or C.J. Spiller (vs. Denver). Spiller has been playing well and had a big game last week in terms of fantasy points. Steven Jackson has been reliable but he goes up against the Steelers defense. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might be able to provide!
If it's PPR, CJ is certainly the better choice. I'm starting him over Michael Turner in one of my PPR leagues. He was the focus of the offense, and even when the Bills were down 2 score he got a lot of catches. Denver's D is good, but I don't think they will shut him down.
Old 12-20-2011   #247
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If it's PPR, CJ is certainly the better choice. I'm starting him over Michael Turner in one of my PPR leagues. He was the focus of the offense, and even when the Bills were down 2 score he got a lot of catches. Denver's D is good, but I don't think they will shut him down.
I'm sorry but I don't know what PPR stands for. But either way, I'm leaning towards C.J. myself. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-20-2011   #248
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I lost by 1 point to a guy I beat the division out for, I was 11-3, he was 10-4. I should have started Miles Austin and I would have won, Nelson and Welker were huge let downs.
Old 12-22-2011   #249
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
After last week against the Chiefs? That was a baaaaaaaaaad game for them...

The Packers might not even need to win that game or next week. They hold the tiebreaker over the Saints for #1 seed, they didn't play SF so that goes to SOV. The Packers schedule is almost guaranteed to be stronger than SF, so even if they lose out from here they probably still get the #1 seed in the NFC. I don't expect Rodgers to play much if that is the case, probably sit Nelson, Driver and Finley too. No reason to risk guys on meaningless games. Plus the Bears are still in the Wild Card hunt, their defense will be playing like the game matters. I'd avoid Packers this week if possible.
Beanie Wells was limite practice but they think he will still play Sunday
Vincent Jackson didn't practice but they think he will play Sunday.
Brandon Marshall has a knee problem, didn't practice and there are only 4 people on their injury list including him. WOnder if he's gonna play.
Old 12-22-2011   #250
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm sorry but I don't know what PPR stands for. But either way, I'm leaning towards C.J. myself. Thanks for the input.
PPR = Point Per Reception. Which means that if a player makes a catch/reception he gets a point. It inflates WRs and TEs stats and makes them more competitive since they typically don't get as many opportunities to get yards as RBs do. Also makes pass catching RBs like Sproles, Bush and Foster much more valuable.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011   #251
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright guys I'm in the championship game and need help on who to start. At RB, Ray Rice is a definite. But I am trying to decide if I should still start Michael Bush or give CJ Spiller a shot.

I also can start Spiller at WR if you think I should definitely keep Bush in at the flex. My WRs are pretty good too though. I have Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, and Jordy Nelson.

So basically here are my choices:

RB1: Ray Rice (definite starter)
RB2: MJD
Flex: Michael Bush or CJ Spiller
WR: Larry Fitz, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, CJ Spiller (pick 2)

Thanks!!!!! Oh and it is a .5 PPR.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #252
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I WON!!!!! This is only my 3rd year of doing Fantasy and I won the whole thing. Pretty happy about that. $$$$$
Old 12-27-2011   #253
Nawzer
Alienz

I won my league championship last night after the Saints beat the Falcons. The other guy had Brees starting so I was a bit worried, but I was so far ahead of him that by the end I beat him by 50 points. It was a remarkable year for me because I drafted 3 QB's in my league's draft. I got Stafford first, Schaub second, and in the second to last round I decided to take a flyer on Cam Newton. Boy did that ever pay off! I never started Schaub or Stafford and Newton carried my team and I think he'll be the consensus no.1 pick in most leagues next year. I also picked up some guys off the waiver wire that played a huge role. Guys like Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, and C.J. Spiller helped me out a lot. I finished the regular season 7-4 but was on a 3 game winning streak going into the playoffs. I was the no.3 seed and knocked off the no.2 seed and proceeded to win the whole thing.
Old 09-07-2012   #254
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'll get this started for this season:

Which two should I start?

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami

Lynch is listed as 'questionable' against Arizona, so I'm leaning at starting Tate for the early game then deciding between Gore/Lynch for the late game (depending on if Lynch is starting). Thoughts?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #255
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

Need your scoring system: basic, performance, or performance PPR?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #256
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Need your scoring system: basic, performance, or performance PPR?
A point for every ten yards, six for a TD.
Old 09-07-2012   #257
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami

Lynch is listed as 'questionable' against Arizona, so I'm leaning at starting Tate for the early game then deciding between Gore/Lynch for the late game (depending on if Lynch is starting). Thoughts?
Depends on Foster for me. If he's a go, then I'd go with Gore. If there's any doubt about him -- and Kubes might hold him out just as a precautionary measure -- then I'd go with Tate.

With Gore it could get to be a shoot out and if that happens, SF might have to abandon the running game. But no matter what happens, you know Kubes is going to keep feeding the RB.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #258
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Depends on Foster for me. If he's a go, then I'd go with Gore. If there's any doubt about him -- and Kubes might hold him out just as a precautionary measure -- then I'd go with Tate.

With Gore it could get to be a shoot out and if that happens, SF might have to abandon the running game. But no matter what happens, you know Kubes is going to keep feeding the RB.
I'm thinking the same thing, which is why I'm leaning at starting Tate then going from there. Even if Foster starts Tate should still get plenty of carries and that SF-GB game could easily end up being a shootout.
Old 09-07-2012   #259
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami
I would bench Lynch, who has always struggled vs the Cards. The Niners will try to control the ball vs the Pack, so Gore should get plenty of carries. Even if Foster is a go, Kubiak will give Tate his share of touches.
Old 09-07-2012   #260
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about this. Standard scoring league, who should I have in my flex spot?

Pierre Garcon, or Kendall Wright? I've heard Garcon has developed a decent connection with RGIII. RGIII is untested, but I'd say the same of Jake Locker. The two things that have me leaning to Garcon is that Wright is a rookie, and he's still behind Laurent Robinson (I believe).
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read