Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-07-2012   #41
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Fight breaks out in rafters of reliant during 49ers game

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's my only issue with your post above. If you're going to tell people they have to be responsible for a stranger's conduct, then stop peddling ticket scalping services.
Hey, I don't make the rules or enforce them, just relaying them

(Ticketexchange is a huge contradiction since I am pretty sure the PSL agreement says you cannot sell your ticket for profit, 'cause how many face value tickets do you see on there?)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #42
J7R7wilson
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 J7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fight breaks out in rafters of reliant during 49ers game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If it were me, I'd kick every single one of them out and ban every single one of them from every single NFL venue for life. Its people like this that cause the Dodgers stadium incidents.
This is the dumbest quote I think I've ever read lol...no offense lol but what is the nfl gonna do? Put face recognition software cameras at ever entrance? No. Are they gonna post the people's mugshots at every entrance? No. There is no way to ban someone. My dad works security for the texans and he himself told me its impossible. On another note I'll be tagging along with him Sunday morning doing the bomb sweep with the bomb dogs. Should be pretty cool.

Card carrying member of RED SOX NATION
J7R7wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #43
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7R7wilson View Post
This is the dumbest quote I think I've ever read lol...no offense lol but what is the nfl gonna do? Put face recognition software cameras at ever entrance? No. Are they gonna post the people's mugshots at every entrance? No. There is no way to ban someone. My dad works security for the texans and he himself told me its impossible. On another note I'll be tagging along with him Sunday morning doing the bomb sweep with the bomb dogs. Should be pretty cool.
Well, considering people have been banned from pro sports stadiums, who sounds dumb now, no offense....
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-08-2012   #44
J7R7wilson
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 J7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respectedJ7R7wilson is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol one taken Ryan...you are correct they CAN ban you...but they really can't stop you from getting in...71,000 people in reliant...they have no way of checking every person to see if they've been banned is my point lol...for example let's say I get banned...I buy a ticket from you and I'm gonna get in

Card carrying member of RED SOX NATION
J7R7wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012   #45
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Easy solution that will never happen: quit serving booze at these events.
That is not a solution. People get boozed up before games any way. Also a lot of these fights stem from fans harrassing other fans of other teams in their stadiums or those opposite fans getting really disrespectful and obnoxious trying to gain attention to themselves. Not fair to the fans who have a beer or two and behave and enjoy the game, because of a few random fights that take place here and there. You're packing 70,000 people in a stadium together in small little seats. There are always going to be incidents at ball games, rodeos, and concerts with that many people packed in at a high intensity entertainment event. Getting trained security who can take care of these situations is the answer. I think most stadiums do a pretty good job for the most part other than in the parking lots. The parking lots seem to be where a lot more fights take place.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That is not a solution.
Society always punishes the majority for the actions of a minority of individuals.

And you are simply incorrect that it's not a solution. No alcohol for three+ hours when emotions are running high due to the nature of fans at sporting events?

BTW, I'm not necessarily advocating this course of action, but saying it's not a solution is simply incorrect.

My own take is to let adults make their own decisions in life and hold them accountable with the full force of the law when they get stupid with it.

In a sort of related story:

Quote:
Researchers from the University of Minnesota People under the age of 35 were eight times more likely to be legally drunk than other attendees, and fans who "tailgate" in the parking lot before the game were the worst offenders: They were 14 times more likely to leave a game intoxicated.

Study Finds One in 12 Are Drunk at Major Sporting Events
If HPD really wanted to "get tough on drunks", they would have some sobriety tests at the exits of the games.
Old 09-10-2012   #47
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If HPD really wanted to "get tough on drunks", they would have some sobriety tests at the exits of the games.
You could also say the same for setting up bars. I bet it's a hell of a lot higher than 14%.

I don't know why I felt the need to point that out but I would be vehemently against any kind of sobriety checkpoint. Remember, I also do not drink alcohol like you.
Old 09-10-2012   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
You could also say the same for setting up bars. I bet it's a hell of a lot higher than 14%.

I don't know why I felt the need to point that out but I would be vehemently against any kind of sobriety checkpoint. Remember, I also do not drink alcohol like you.
Many police departments routinely establish sobriety points near bars, especially those "no tolerance weekends".

While I agree with you in principle, unfortunately we are losing almost 50,000 American citizens every year in alcohol induced accidents. Some folks cannot help being incorrigible detriments to society. Pathetic, really.
Old 09-10-2012   #49
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Many police departments routinely establish sobriety points near bars, especially those "no tolerance weekends".

While I agree with you in principle, unfortunately we are losing almost 50,000 American citizens every year in alcohol induced accidents. Some folks cannot help being incorrigible detriments to society. Pathetic, really.
After working the nightclub scene almost daily for over 12 years in several cities, I would have to disagree with a real police presence being there in that manner. I believe I've seen more sobriety checkpoints in movies as opposed to in person.

That's a horrific number to hear. I'm glad I did not contribute to a statistic like that, as ashamed as I am about it, I have driven drunk myself back when I was younger.

Old 09-10-2012   #50
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Society always punishes the majority for the actions of a minority of individuals.

And you are simply incorrect that it's not a solution. No alcohol for three+ hours when emotions are running high due to the nature of fans at sporting events?

BTW, I'm not necessarily advocating this course of action, but saying it's not a solution is simply incorrect.

My own take is to let adults make their own decisions in life and hold them accountable with the full force of the law when they get stupid with it.

My plan was to get my wife pregnant strategically, so I have a designated driver for the entire season.
Might not be an option for every man...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #51
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
My plan was to get my wife pregnant strategically, so I have a designated driver for the entire season.
Long term price tag on that one.
Old 09-10-2012   #52
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats what I did! She dropped my buddy and I off at Reliant yesterday, and picked us up right on time. It was nice!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #53
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
One of our tailgater's wife is nearing the end of her third trimester. DD for him!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-10-2012   #54
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
That, my friend, is how you do it. And I noticed that the due date is well beyond the end of football season, too. Well done, sir.

It was good to see ya' yesterday!
Old 09-10-2012   #55
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7R7wilson View Post
Clearly you haven't been a member here very long if the first sentence is true

Anyway, I don't think it would be that hard. Here are a few easy ways they could do it:

1. Print a "Do not sell list" Stub hub, ticketmaster, etc wouldn't be allowed to sell to that individual. If you decided to sell your seat by yourself, you'd be responsible for checking to ensure that no one on the list is buying your ticket. Exactly like Yankee said -- you are responsible for the behavior of the person receiving your ticket.

2. Require an ID to enter the stadium for anyone over the age of 18. Cross check DL # with banned list. Problem solved
Old 09-10-2012   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Are you advocating for checkpoints as a good idea at NFL football games? Not sure if you were or not. That's why I asked to clarify.

That would be an awful slippery slope that would lead to all sorts of sanctions everywhere. Some of us are capable of drinking without getting deranged and aggressive or killing people.
Old 09-10-2012   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Are you advocating for checkpoints as a good idea at NFL football games? Not sure if you were or not. That's why I asked to clarify.

That would be an awful slippery slope that would lead to all sorts of sanctions everywhere. Some of us are capable of drinking without getting deranged and aggressive or killing people.
No, not at all. It was more like 'random thoughts' from my head than anything else. If you know my perspective on liberty - i.e. libertarian - I would never advocate such a thing.

I was more commenting on the state saying that they are getting tougher on drunk driving - example would be the recent laws on blood tests for refusal - instead of actually doing something that would truly be more effective.

I think most people can drink responsibly, just like most folks could responsibly smoke pot. But, the state tends to punish everyone for the actions of a handful of imbeciles.
Old 09-10-2012   #58
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, not at all. It was more like 'random thoughts' from my head than anything else. If you know my perspective on liberty - i.e. libertarian - I would never advocate such a thing.

I was more commenting on the state saying that they are getting tougher on drunk driving - example would be the recent laws on blood tests for refusal - instead of actually doing something that would truly be more effective.

I think most people can drink responsibly, just like most folks could responsibly smoke pot. But, the state tends to punish everyone for the actions of a handful of imbeciles.
Oh, okay. I pretty much agree then.

What if they limited people at games to no more then 4 beers?

You could give them a a bracelet that could be marked or something? Just thinking of ideas out loud.
Old 09-10-2012   #59
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

In other news a woman (Bills fan) at a Jets game got punched in the face yesterday.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/09/10...s-brawl-video/

(Video to go with it.)
Old 09-10-2012   #60
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Guy is suing texans after being hit in the head with a falling piece of sign...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read