Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-04-2012   #21
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fight breaks out in rafters of reliant during 49ers game

It looked like an Eagles game (just different jerseys).

I've never been to a home game but when I talk to people at away games they do talk about how nice people in Houston are to them at games.

It's rather embarrassing-now that it's all over the internet and T.V., this is how people will think of Texans fans. Great we'll be the new Eagles...
Old 09-04-2012   #22
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just a couple sections away from this. Saw the whole thing go down. It was interesting. And yes, Security didn't show up until like 5 minutes later. They should have been on top of that.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #23
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
..You can't blame security for this though! They simply cannot be everywhere, all the time. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I was just a couple sections away from this. Saw the whole thing go down. It was interesting. And yes, Security didn't show up until like 5 minutes later. They should have been on top of that.
So who were the 3 or so red shirt / kahkis behind the group? Target employees? I guess that was outside the realm of ushers duties.. "woah, can't get involved, but let me show you where your section and seat are"
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #24
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
So who were the 3 or so red shirt / kahkis behind the group? Target employees? I guess that was outside the realm of ushers duties.. "woah, can't get involved, but let me show you where your section and seat are"
From where I was sitting, I didn't see any security at all. Honestly, half of the gridiron endzone was standing up watching it. Idk if those ushers had security duties or not, but the fact is, no authority figures got involved.

Old 09-04-2012   #25
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From where I was sitting, I didn't see any security at all. Honestly, half of the gridiron endzone was standing up watching it. Idk if those ushers had security duties or not, but the fact is, no authority figures got involved.
They were there. Ushers, I mean.
Old 09-05-2012   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Don't have any idea who the red shirt people are, or what they do. Security in my section wear yellow. When they have called for assistance, someone in green shows up. Maybe it's different in each level. IDK!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #27
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was in the section next to that one looking upwards, and I could see three guys standing in the walkway behind the top row of seats, in what looked like security uniforms.
It seemed to me like they didn't really want to get in the middle of a melee.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #28
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I was in the section next to that one looking upwards, and I could see three guys standing in the walkway behind the top row of seats, in what looked like security uniforms.
It seemed to me like they didn't really want to get in the middle of a melee.
If it was me, I wouldn't want to either. But it is their job. That is just my opinion.

Old 09-07-2012   #29
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

5 minute response time is totally unacceptable. Fan on fan violence is getting to be a real problem. They need to address this quickly before it gets out of control. I don't want to go to a game and have to worry about being caught up in some morons biggest **** competition
Old 09-07-2012   #30
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I witness the entire incident. The ushers and security were completely helpless. The cops should have been there much quicker. It could have got out of hand and spread very quickly.

As for the thugs that caused all this trouble, I would recommend a life-time ban from Reliant Stadium.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy solution that will never happen: quit serving booze at these events.
Old 09-07-2012   #32
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
But then people would have to drive home sober. Can't have that.
Old 09-07-2012   #33
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Fight breaks out in rafters of reliant during 49ers game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
They come in sloppy from the parking lots. Dunno' how much that would help.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #34
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
As for the thugs that caused all this trouble, I would recommend a life-time ban from Reliant Stadium.
I have thought this every time I see a fight. If the seat owner is involved in the fight, kick them out for the season.

If the seat owner sold the tickets give them one and only one warning. If it happens again, revoke their tickets.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-07-2012   #35
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I have thought this every time I see a fight. If the seat owner is involved in the fight, kick them out for the season.

If the seat owner sold the tickets give them one and only one warning. If it happens again, revoke their tickets.
This is shaky ground to me Yank. A lot of fans sell tickets through the Texans ticket exchange. It's not fair to blame them for a strangers actions. NOW, if it's family/friends, then YES, give them a warning, but, that's debatable also. Fans should be held accountable for their OWN actions, not the PSL owner. JMO!

When Aaron messed up a couple years ago, even though it was not a fight, I punished him myself. He didn't return to another game that year. He was also told that was the only screwup he was allowed EVER! He ever gets that drunk at another game he will be watching from home, and he knows I mean it. I'm not taking a chance of losing my PSLs!!
Old 09-07-2012   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They come in sloppy from the parking lots. Dunno' how much that would help.
Well, at least it would start to get out of their system and they wouldn't be continuously adding fuel to the fire.

I haven't seen the video, so can someone tell me what made this fight special? Newsworthy?

I've been to reliant a bunch of times for different events and I've seen a handful of fights or almost fights...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #37
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well, at least it would start to get out of their system and they wouldn't be continuously adding fuel to the fire.
They bring in their own flasks. Easy to sneak them in. I've learned that from my tailgating buddies!
Old 09-07-2012   #38
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think it would just be so much simpler to institute a national sports "May Not Attend List"

You go to one game and get picked up for something like fighting, you're banned for a year. Happens again, you're banned for life.

NFL, NBA, MLS, whatever. Security picks you up, swipes your ID, you get put into the system and thats that
Old 09-07-2012   #39
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This is shaky ground to me Yank. A lot of fans sell tickets through the Texans ticket exchange.
Actually, it is in your PSL/season ticket holder agreement. You are responsible for how people in your seat act.

In fact, I think selling your tickets for profit also violates the agreement, yet the NFL has TicketExchange. Go figure.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 09-07-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2012   #40
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Actually, it is in your PSL/season ticket holder agreement. You are responsible for how people in your seat act.

In fact, I think selling your tickets for profit also violates the agreement, yet the NFL has TicketExchange. Go figure.
That's my only issue with your post above. If you're going to tell people they have to be responsible for a stranger's conduct, then stop peddling ticket scalping services.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read