Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-06-2012   #1
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Help! Stillwater OK

Does anyone know where I can watch the Texans in Stillwater Ok. or Tulsa? I'm working up here for a while, and all I find is them cowgirls. Went to Buffalo wild wings for the Texans vs Saints, called ahead and they said it would be on! But they had the freaking CowGIRLS on. I don't want to quit my job to see my Texans. Lol. Any help would be greatly apriciated!!
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help! Stillwater OK

Well find a sports bar or resturant with atleast 15 tv's and it is bound to be on.
Old 09-06-2012   #3
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Buffalo Wild wings has the most TV's I could find. Maybe they are confusing Oklahoma State Cowboys with the Dallas Cowgirls.
Old 09-06-2012   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Help! Stillwater OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
Does anyone know where I can watch the Texans in Stillwater Ok. or Tulsa? I'm working up here for a while, and all I find is them cowgirls. Went to Buffalo wild wings for the Texans vs Saints, called ahead and they said it would be on! But they had the freaking CowGIRLS on. I don't want to quit my job to see my Texans. Lol. Any help would be greatly apriciated!!
BW3, get there before kickoff and ask for a specific TV to have your game on it.

Corporate policy is to show all games and not to change a TV once a game has kicked off, but they frequently don't practice that.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #5
Home team fan
Rookie

Thanks, that's some good ammo for that young twerp manager I talked to when I was there.
Old 09-06-2012   #6
Home team fan
Rookie

Cushing Oklahoma is 15 min. from Stillwater. I think they should play it there. Lol. Small town though, I don't think they have a bar.
Old 09-06-2012   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Eskimo Joes
Old 09-06-2012   #8
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Eskimo Joes?
Well...what he said ^
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Help! Stillwater OK

Quote:
Thanks, that's some good ammo for that young twerp manager I talked to when I was there.
Had a lot of problems trying to watch the Texans in Columbus, Ohio. Had several 'disputes' with various BW3 staffers, including a drunk off duty manager I almost got fired, but I was too nice.

After several weeks at this location, we were understood the rules are (1) every game should be on at least one TV and (2) a TV is to NEVER be changed once a game kicks off.

Drunky douche guy goes behind the bar, gets the remote and changed our game to hockey (at the half, tied with Jax). I politely ask him to change it back. He says no. Some drunk white trash couple yells "don't you know where you are?"

I ask this guy who he is, he says he is a manager but won't give me his name or store number and basically tells us no one there wants to watch Houston and we should leave. I find the on-duty manager who apologizes, buys us beers and puts the TV back.

Drunk douche manager then leads a cheer with white trach folks "Let's go Blue Jackets!!! (slam slam)" standing a few feet away from us for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Yeah, in hindsight, he deserved to be fired....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Had a lot of problems trying to watch the Texans in Columbus, Ohio. Had several 'disputes' with various BW3 staffers, including a drunk off duty manager I almost got fired, but I was too nice.

After several weeks at this location, we were understood the rules are (1) every game should be on at least one TV and (2) a TV is to NEVER be changed once a game kicks off.

Drunky douche guy goes behind the bar, gets the remote and changed our game to hockey (at the half, tied with Jax). I politely ask him to change it back. He says no. Some drunk white trash couple yells "don't you know where you are?"

I ask this guy who he is, he says he is a manager but won't give me his name or store number and basically tells us no one there wants to watch Houston and we should leave. I find the on-duty manager who apologizes, buys us beers and puts the TV back.

Drunk douche manager then leads a cheer with white trach folks "Let's go Blue Jackets!!! (slam slam)" standing a few feet away from us for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Yeah, in hindsight, he deserved to be fired....

Man, after reading that post I might start the proceedings myself!
Old 09-06-2012   #11
Home team fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Eskimo Joes
I've eaten there! I'll call see if I can watch it there. I'll start a cup collection if they will let me watch it there this season. This was my first thread. Thanks to all my fellow fans for the response. But still might go to BW3 out of spite.
Old 09-06-2012   #12
texancpa
Indahouse!

Section: 633
Rep Power: 0 texancpa was voted MVPtexancpa was voted MVPtexancpa was voted MVPtexancpa was voted MVP

Quote:
Try Twin Peaks in Tulsa.
texancpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read