Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2012   #101
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I've seen "smh" on here before. What the hell does it mean? If it's not "lol" or "lmao", I have no idea what they're saying.
SMH = shaking my head

It's the texting equivalent of
or
or

....among others.
Old 09-01-2012   #102
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
SMH = shaking my head

It's the texting equivalent of
or
or

....among others.
I always thought it was "Slap My Head", like in to do a facepalm.

But.

OK.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #103
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people need to just hurry up and bleed already. Sheesh. Hahaha.

Can't express any opinion unless you're an Internet certified Subject Matter Expert on Internet lingo and or QBs today.

SMFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #104
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I've ever had this level of dislike for a Texans player.

It feels like Keo is some sort of Finnegan on my own team. He just finds a way to piss me off by virtue of his existence in the NFL.

I think he's been sent here to destroy us from within.
Old 09-02-2012   #105
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I don't think I've ever had this level of dislike for a Texans player.

It feels like Keo is some sort of Finnegan on my own team. He just finds a way to piss me off by virtue of his existence in the NFL.

I think he's been sent here to destroy us from within.
Someone in another thread said something about demps being next in line if Quinn left. I disagreed with that, but obviously I was wrong. I thought Nolan would get first dibs.

But I say that to say this - maybe this is more about Demps than keo. Maybe they feel like he has more of a chance to have a future with the team and would have been playing more than Nolan as the third safety anyways.

Since keo has been a decent special teams player he got the edge. Younger and can return and cover kicks. If he doesn't quite cut it, bring up pleasant.

They had to have had a good reason to keep keo in the wake of him sucking. That's what I hope at least.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #106
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Think back all the way to the Combine a couple of years ago. Deion Sanders LOVED Shiloh Keo and "put his name" on him even as he recognized that Keo didn't have great speed.

Then think back to last year's draft. This coaching staff was very excited about getting Keo where they got him. They gushed about him. They obviously thought they'd gotten one of the steals of the draft with him.

Most of us were pretty excited.

And then we see him last preseason, in some games last year, and then finally in preseason this year... and he sucks. As someone said in another thread, he's slow but he makes up for it by taking bad angles.

I think Keo gets the ire of the fans because we were sold a bill of goods on this guy that don't match up to what we see on the field. Wade and Vance obviously see something in this kid. But I'll be damned if I do.

At least we've got Pleasant on the PS and if Keo sucks as bad as I expect him to, we've got that option. I just hope Keo doesn't cost us a couple of games before we put an end to this experiment.

And the same goes for Ball, btw.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #107
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a short interview with Keo. He has evidently purposely slimmed down from last year, supposedly making him somewhat quicker and faster. We'll just have to see what the coaches are thinking, or if he quickly get kicked by to PS or out of here.

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=6792
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #108
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I just had a thought, not that it's a good reason, why Keo was chosen over Nolan. If I remember correctly, Nolan never played ST, did he? And we all know how the Texans feel about that.
Old 09-02-2012   #109
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Keo and Ball are on the team to draw criticism away from Kareem Jackson.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #110
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Ya how bought them Texans. Seems like people want to just pick at meening less things today o well.
I wanna know who (how) bought them Texans. Hell, I didn't even know they were on the block. Shaking My Hardon.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #111
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Think back all the way to the Combine a couple of years ago. Deion Sanders LOVED Shiloh Keo and "put his name" on him even as he recognized that Keo didn't have great speed.

Then think back to last year's draft. This coaching staff was very excited about getting Keo where they got him. They gushed about him. They obviously thought they'd gotten one of the steals of the draft with him.

Most of us were pretty excited.

And then we see him last preseason, in some games last year, and then finally in preseason this year... and he sucks. As someone said in another thread, he's slow but he makes up for it by taking bad angles.

I think Keo gets the ire of the fans because we were sold a bill of goods on this guy that don't match up to what we see on the field. Wade and Vance obviously see something in this kid. But I'll be damned if I do.

At least we've got Pleasant on the PS and if Keo sucks as bad as I expect him to, we've got that option. I just hope Keo doesn't cost us a couple of games before we put an end to this experiment.

And the same goes for Ball, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Someone in another thread said something about demps being next in line if Quinn left. I disagreed with that, but obviously I was wrong. I thought Nolan would get first dibs.

But I say that to say this - maybe this is more about Demps than keo. Maybe they feel like he has more of a chance to have a future with the team and would have been playing more than Nolan as the third safety anyways.

Since keo has been a decent special teams player he got the edge. Younger and can return and cover kicks. If he doesn't quite cut it, bring up pleasant.

They had to have had a good reason to keep keo in the wake of him sucking. That's what I hope at least.

I suppose you're thinking we'll play the routine Texans sunshine-pumping game with Keo as the main playing piece? Neither of you guys' thoughts on this subject are very comforting. He is who we think he is. I watched the final preseason game and Keo was sucking stinky ass against 3rd stringers.

I suppose MAYBE if he never sees the field as Safety, then he's tolerable. Someone was saying his best role is in a nickel or a dime package or some such thing...(sigh).

He's just one of those fringe defensive players that hangs on somehow, year after year. It's his low salary, his ST abilities, and minimal role in the defensive backfield...but he's nowhere near a guy you'd want out there trying to play straight up against ANYBODY.
Old 09-02-2012   #112
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

I could understand if he looked like Bill Bates (for whom the ST spot in the pro bowl was created) on ST but he doesn't.
Old 09-02-2012   #113
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
...If I remember correctly, Nolan never played ST, did he?
I think I remember Nolan once getting an illegal block penalty that took back a long Jacoby return.

Things can't be that bad if the big discussion is regarding who should be the 4th safety.
Old 09-02-2012   #114
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think I remember Nolan once getting an illegal block penalty that took back a long Jacoby return.

Things can't be that bad if the big discussion is regarding who should be the 4th safety.

It may be bothering you that much but it's had an noticeable effect on some others........

Old 09-02-2012   #115
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It may be bothering you that much but it's had an noticeable effect on some others........

Two questions:
1. Where does one obtain a never-emptying bottle o' booze?
2. Does it HAVE to be Johnnie Walker?
Old 09-02-2012   #116
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Oh Lucky, it's bad, real bad.

Not only is (well, was, before Nolan got dusted) this team so stacked from top to bottom that Kubiak was lamenting over the cuts to be made in the D backfield weeks ago, now one is a one week spy hire . Nolan's now on the Phin's roster to wreck our opening day. That suave move by those wiley Phins is just blatant espionage. When's the NFL gonna put a stop to this? Without him on their roster how could they ever get off the snide agi'n us? OK, I think I've figured it out. Gotta be with that QB who had 18 starts in his whole collegiate career, a gimp left tackle, shoulda been 1st overall draft pick and no legit receiving threat. Yup, we're toast.

There's more but gotta finish the BBQ. Mama's already made two passes by to see what the hell I'm doing.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #117
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Two questions:
1. Where does one obtain a never-emptying bottle o' booze?
2. Does it HAVE to be Johnnie Walker?

Spec's, for a limited time only is offering a special on a "never-emptying bottle o' booze"......50% off for Johnnie Walker and 20% off for limp ass substitutes. For an extra 19.95 (plus handling) you will receive a coupon for 75% off a liver transplant at the shopping center clinic of your choice...........and if you rush down there in the next 2 hours, they will double your offer........just add handling and liability costs..............and be prepared to bring your own surgeon and friend for the 2nd transplant.
Old 09-02-2012   #118
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Two questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Oh Lucky, it's bad, real bad.
Quote:
Spec's, for a limited time only is offering a special on a "never-emptying bottle o' booze"...
MSR for all 3 of you.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #119
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Spec's, for a limited time only is offering a special on a "never-emptying bottle o' booze"......50% off for Johnnie Walker and 20% off for limp ass substitutes. For an extra 19.95 (plus handling) you will receive a coupon for 75% off a liver transplant at the shopping center clinic of your choice...........and if you rush down there in the next 2 hours, they will double your offer........just add handling and liability costs..............and be prepared to bring your own surgeon and friend for the 2nd transplant.
I was hoping for a special on non-limp ass substitutes like Gentleman Jack or Maker's Mark or McCallan's 18 yr old (if I have to drink scotch). If I'm gonna run thru several livers , I don't want to rust my pipes in the process.

Edit:
...you DO know some discount liver surgeons, right, Doc?
Old 09-03-2012   #120
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was hoping for a special on non-limp ass substitutes like Gentleman Jack or Maker's Mark or McCallan's 18 yr old (if I have to drink scotch). If I'm gonna run thru several livers , I don't want to rust my pipes in the process.

Edit:
...you DO know some discount liver surgeons, right, Doc?
I have a friend.......a women's tailor......who said that he would be willing to try........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read