Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-02-2012   #101
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: REPORT: Death at Reliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks man!! I'm sure there are plenty of people that now have one game up on me now... "Keeping up with the Jones' " sucks!

BTW, y'all should check out the crazy escalator in the Nati!!

And this picture doesn't even really do it justice. It's pretty scary looking. Fortunately for me, my roadie there, the people that hosted Mitch, Vicki and I had 1st row seats, field level. :
Well, I got one up on ya sweetheart, but, could care less. I haven't gone to all the games to set a record, I go cause I'm addicted to our football team! Yep, we all have our own kind of addictions!

Bill baby, you know I've fussed at you many times, and will continue to do so. BUT, I've never seen you put yourself or someone else in danger, and I give you a HUGE heads up for that!! You always have a designated driver, and you have MANY friends who love you enough to biatch ya out if you get out of line! That's what you do for friends! I ADORE ALL my Blue Crew family and would be heart broken if something bad happened to any of them.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #102
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: REPORT: Death at Reliant

I feel bad for the guys family. This was a senseless death. People die...but this was death that was preventable. That guy took his own life wether he meant to or not. He chose to climb up....and slide down. He chose to do it. Nobody stopped him (was there a Reliant employee nearby). I would be interested to know what his blood alcohol level was at the time of death.

This should be a lesson to people who want to horseplay around. Bad things can happen. Also, if he was intoxicated a lesson to everyone who deciedes to do stupid stuff as well such as drive...climb on things...ect ect....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #103
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, I got one up on ya sweetheart, but, could care less. I haven't gone to all the games to set a record, I go cause I'm addicted to our football team! Yep, we all have our own kind of addictions!

Bill baby, you know I've fussed at you many times, and will continue to do so. BUT, I've never seen you put yourself or someone else in danger, and I give you a HUGE heads up for that!! You always have a designated driver, and you have MANY friends who love you enough to biatch ya out if you get out of line! That's what you do for friends! I ADORE ALL my Blue Crew family and would be heart broken if something bad happened to any of them.
I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys this yr.

I've changed lots, what do I need to bring?

I've met many of the blue crew members at Bubbas and I'm lookikng forward to hanging out with y'all.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #104
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Any idea if the young man who died was a poster on TexansTalk?
Old 09-03-2012   #105
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys this yr.

I've changed lots, what do I need to bring?

I've met many of the blue crew members at Bubbas and I'm lookikng forward to hanging out with y'all.
Check in the "tailgating" forum, platinum lot, and you'll find the Blue Crew. Someone starts a thread for every tailgate. There's already one started for the Finns game.

Look forward to seeing ya again!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #106
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan View Post
Wow..... I like the comment and I couldn't agree more. Hand rails are for hands, not asses. Escalators have a hand rail about 40" high to protect you from falling off. It's a shame he died because of something so stupid, but in the end....who's fault was it???
Agree. Sad story, but completely avoidable.

As long he didn't fall on someone else.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #107
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Agree. Sad story, but completely avoidable.

As long he didn't fall on someone else.
He did fall on somebody else. I can't remember exactly.... an older man in his 40's I believe. He was treated for minor injuries. All the more reason to put up some plexiglass. One could go the route of protecting innocents from accidents (or stupidity).

Many of you will be glad to hear that changes are unlikely.

Quote:
Houston Texans President Jamey Rootes said security and safety changes were unlikely.
Old 09-03-2012   #108
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Many of you will be glad to hear that changes are unlikely. Houston Texans President Jamey Rootes said security and safety changes were unlikely.
That's horrible if true. Will it take another death or two before changes happen? Yes, it's foolish to clown around and slide down the handrails of the escalators but I'd argue that even the most intelligent people can do crazy things when they're drunk. Time for Jamey Rootes to earn that salary. Why not go the extra mile to make safety a number one priority?
Old 09-03-2012   #109
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
That's horrible if true. Will it take another death or two before changes happen? Yes, it's foolish to clown around and slide down the handrails of the escalators but I'd argue that even the most intelligent people can do crazy things when they're drunk. Time for Jamey Rootes to earn that salary. Why not go the extra mile to make safety a number one priority?
Oh Good Grief. The escalators were used for 10 years without an incident. I am sure they overly comply with any safety regulations.

I am very sorry for this man's family, I am sure they are just devastated over such a senseless death. I was thinking the other day how angry I would be at my spouse if he had died in such a senseless way, it would make it very hard to grieve.

But, you can't prevent idiots and the idea that we should be surrounded in plexiglass as we make our way thru our lives is not realistic.
Old 09-03-2012   #110
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Oh Good Grief. The escalators were used for 10 years without an incident. I am sure they overly comply with any safety regulations.

I am very sorry for this man's family, I am sure they are just devastated over such a senseless death. I was thinking the other day how angry I would be at my spouse if he had died in such a senseless way, it would make it very hard to grieve.

But, you can't prevent idiots and the idea that we should be surrounded in plexiglass as we make our way thru our lives is not realistic.
It is not only realistic, but I believe that it is being studied as we speak.

The first incident is manageable, the second is not. They can't continue to allow alcohol-fueled tailgating, compound it by selling more alcohol within the stadium, and have a second incident occur on their watch. Although the escalators are constructed to code, that is not protection against a successful lawsuit. The best protection will be more safety barriers.

Expect the plexiglass or other higher barrier to be installed shortly.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #111
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jeez! Are you for real?

Oh wait! You're the one who wants to erect a statue in his "honor", right?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #112
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullblitz View Post
it is not only realistic, but i believe that it is being studied as we speak.

The first incident is manageable, the second is not. They can't continue to allow alcohol-fueled tailgating, compound it by selling more alcohol within the stadium, and have a second incident occur on their watch. Although the escalators are constructed to code, that is not protection against a successful lawsuit. The best protection will be more safety barriers.

Expect idiot-proofing to be installed shortly.
fify
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #113
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Exactly. While I'm not sure they can finish that project by this coming Sunday, they will in turn shut the escalators down on the way out and make people walk the ramps, stairs or elevators..
Old 09-03-2012   #114
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
fify
BTW, what do you mean by "idiot proofing"?? I almost ripped off the tip of mt pinky finger just exiting the port-a-pot... Bottom line, as long as there are idiots like me, something is gonna happen..

While I jest, I would never do anything like this kid did and I would hope nobody ever would.
Old 09-04-2012   #115
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sometimes when I go to work I have to ride on an escalator, I demand more safety!

I want a 10 fee wall on each side of the escalator and big fuzzy padded walls in case I feel like resting my arms on them during the ride...and for safety of course.

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #116
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Sometimes when I go to work I have to ride on an escalator, I demand more safety!

I want a 10 fee wall on each side of the escalator and big fuzzy padded walls in case I feel like resting my arms on them during the ride...and for safety of course.

If they put plexi that's too tall, they will block what little air circulation there is on the escalators, and the next fatality will be heat related.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #117
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Will plexiglass stop people from falling down escalators?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #118
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Going into our 11th season, how many times has this happened?

I believe this is the first.

Let it be a lesson to the other 99.999999% of people that goofing off in high places is dangerous. Sort of a "duh moment" but I guess some folks need the reminder....especially drunk folks.

No action needs to be taken, IMO.
Old 09-07-2012   #119
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Prohibit all access to the upper levels of Reliant Stadium. Only sell tickets to the lower section. Refund money to all ticket holders to the upper sections.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012   #120
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't operate machinery while intoxicated.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read