Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-01-2012   #1
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Cougars 2012

Coogs open up vs Texas St tonight. The last time they met UH won 68-28. Here are some of the keys to the season:

1. David Piland at QB I hope the redshirt year helped him get stronger and he has to keep his interceptions down.

2. Defense has to continue the improvment from last year. I know based on how UH plays offense they are going to give up some yards because they are on the field so much, but they need to cause turnovers and give the offense extra possessions and limit the big plays of the other team.

3.WR play- The new WR have to grow up in a hurry and I believe they will be ok, but the guys they are replacing left a mark on the UH record books and the new crew could still be solid and not live up to what the prior WR's did.

4. The new coaching staff has to make this season a smoth transition. The last coaching change it took the team about a month to adjust. I don't think it will be that bad this time because they will not be putting in a new radical system like last time.

I am thinking 9-3 for this season and possibly making the CUSA Championship game if all breaks right.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Cougars 2012

I will be there tonight anxious to see the Post-Keenum era begin and the last season for Robertson Stadium.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #3
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I will be there tonight anxious to see the Post-Keenum era begin and the last season for Robertson Stadium.
I am looking forward to it this should be a good game for the new guys to get some experience before thr tougher opponets. I can't wait to get out there this evening.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #4
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Coogs!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So it appears the 2012 Houston Cougars aren't going to be doing that whole "defense thingy"?
Old 09-01-2012   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the invite!!
Old 09-01-2012   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So it appears the 2012 Houston Cougars aren't going to be doing that whole "defense thingy"?
Herv, other than a stand-out player here or there, it's been a long time since the Coogs had a *ahem* "Defense thingy"!
Old 09-01-2012   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Posting from the game. Wtf my Coogs look like ****

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-01-2012   #9
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

wow. U of H was about a 35 point favorite.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #10
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Houston Cougars 2012

Michigan is getting its butt whooped so I thought I would check the TexSt VS UH score and I saw 30-13 State.

I thought I was drunk but after hitting refresh, I realized not...

WHAT THE FCUK IS GOING ON?!?!?! ITS FRIGGIN' TEXAS STATE!!!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone bet 3 million on this game ?
Old 09-01-2012   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Too soon?

I'm sure they'll get it sorted out.
Old 09-01-2012   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I wish I had gone to the game. Texas State's first game as a D-1 school and we won! Eat 'em up!!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #14
gwallaia

I have been a Cougar for 27 years. This is the first time I have really been ashamed and disgusted with the team. If you can't beat ****ing Texas State, you don't need to be playing football.

The whole team looked like ****.

The Texans better make my football life worth living.

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-02-2012   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy suit that is so embarrassing. That sucks.
Old 09-02-2012   #16
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Man, I wish I had gone to the game. Texas State's first game as a D-1 school and we won! Eat 'em up!!
To be fair FCS is D-1. It's not too crazy to believe that an FCS school can beat a CUSA school. It's nice seeing a Southland Conference team making the jump and winning right out the gate. It really gives us a good example on SHSU's chances at success if we were to move up.
Old 09-02-2012   #17
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

As a 1992 UH graduate, and a season ticket holder, this was the WORST showing I have ever seen in 20 years. I was thinking 8-4 for the season...... now I am thinking 3-9!!!!!!!!!! Piland and the efense (notice NO D) were pathetic all night long!!!!!! I am just stunned....... there is NO WAY UH SHOULD LOSE TO TEXAS FFFFFFING STATE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2012   #18
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

While we're at it, can anyone explain to me why we hired Levine instead of going out to find a HC like Rhoades said we would? If the Coogs keep this up, I hope all the idiots that voted for the stadium referendum can shut up about how important Cougar football is to the school and how it elevates their worthless degree.
Old 09-02-2012   #19
gwallaia

My UH degree has helped me a great deal. WTF are you talking about?

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-02-2012   #20
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My UH degree has helped me a great deal. WTF are you talking about?
Just angry at the piss poor performance on the field, that is all. On a serious note, if the fans know what the problem has consistently been, why doesn't the coaching staff do anything about it?!?!?!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read