Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-02-2012   #1
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roster Lock Question..

Probably seems like a dumb question but this is my first time playing and I'm a bit confused about this..... Both leagues I'm in have the players on the roster locked at game time. Does this mean I can play (for example) Matt Forte whos game kicks off at 1pm and when his game is finished, bench him and replace him with Steven Jackson, who's game kicks off at 5pm the same day? Is this how it works when individuals are locked in at game time? Thanks
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Roster Lock Question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
Probably seems like a dumb question but this is my first time playing and I'm a bit confused about this..... Both leagues I'm in have the players on the roster locked at game time. Does this mean I can play (for example) Matt Forte whos game kicks off at 1pm and when his game is finished, bench him and replace him with Steven Jackson, who's game kicks off at 5pm the same day? Is this how it works when individuals are locked in at game time? Thanks

Can't make roster changes after that individual's game has started. If you play Forte, you can't sub him out.
Old 09-02-2012   #3
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Can't make roster changes after that individual's game has started. If you play Forte, you can't sub him out.
But lets say Fortes game finishes at 3:50PM ...and Jackons game starts at 5PM ...can I bench Forte for Jackson at say...4:55pm?
Old 09-02-2012   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
But lets say Fortes game finishes at 3:50PM ...and Jackons game starts at 5PM ...can I bench Forte for Jackson at say...4:55pm?
No.
Old 09-02-2012   #5
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
No.
Thanks

One more thing..

I assume that if Jacksons game is the following day I can then Bench Forte (who's game was on Sunday) and replace him with Jackson who's game is monday night?
Old 09-02-2012   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

If you start a player and his game kicks off, you cannot sub him out.

If you start a late game player you can still sub him during the early game for a player that has yet to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #7
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Red face Re: Roster Lock Question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
If you start a player and his game kicks off, you cannot sub him out.

If you start a late game player you can still sub him during the early game for a player that has yet to play.
That makes sense. Thanks ...I'm still slightly confused tho. Lets say Sunday the Bears are playing and I start Forte ...Giants are playing on Monday so I leave Bradshaw on the bench. Sunday comes and goes and Forte scores me some points. The next day is Monday...Can I bench Forte for Bradshaw?...Sorry if I'm being dense here btw
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2012   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That makes sense. Thanks ...I'm still slightly confused tho. Lets say Sunday the Bears are playing and I start Forte ...Giants are playing on Monday so I leave Bradshaw on the bench. Sunday comes and goes and Forte scores me some points. The next day is Monday...Can I bench Forte for Bradshaw?...Sorry if I'm being dense here btw
Lets try it this way:

Simplified fantasy roster: you have 3 positions:

QB
RB
WR

The roster "Locks" once a player who is in any of those positions has a game start. It does not "unlock" until the following Tuesday (after the MNF game)

So if you have Forte playing on Sunday at 1PM and he is in your starting RB slot and his game starts and he's playing, he is locked in as your running back for that week. You cannot start any other RB, even if their game doesn't start until Monday night. The roster only unlocks the following week (Tuesday)
Old 09-02-2012   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. Once Forte is 'locked' into your lineup for the week he cannot be unlocked. If you want to start Bradshaw you must do so before your other RB's are locked into your lineup.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #10
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Smile Re: Roster Lock Question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The roster "Locks" once a player who is in any of those positions has a game start. It does not "unlock" until the following Tuesday (after the MNF game)

So if you have Forte playing on Sunday at 1PM and he is in your starting RB slot and his game starts and he's playing, he is locked in as your running back for that week. You cannot start any other RB, even if their game doesn't start until Monday night. The roster only unlocks the following week (Tuesday)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
No. Once Forte is 'locked' into your lineup for the week he cannot be unlocked. If you want to start Bradshaw you must do so before your other RB's are locked into your lineup.
Awesome! This helps a lot.. Totally answered my question. Thanks guys

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read